Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:28:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What's Great On Netflix Right Now?

Started by Dr Rock, November 07, 2021, 10:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paruses

Quote from: Johnboy on November 12, 2021, 12:57:43 PM
I'm enjoying Good Girls

And yet you have not added into the amazing thread on Picture Box.

How far have you got?

AsparagusTrevor

I can also recommend Brand New Cherry Flavour. I watched every episode in a row today.

Dr Rock

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on November 12, 2021, 10:32:25 PM
I can also recommend Brand New Cherry Flavour. I watched every episode in a row today.

Me too

chveik

Johnboy

Quote from: paruses on November 12, 2021, 08:25:42 PM
And yet you have not added into the amazing thread on Picture Box.

How far have you got?

just did the first episode but I can tell it's a goodie, a friend I trust recommended it

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Deliciousbass on November 07, 2021, 05:15:26 PM
I really loved Brand New Cherry Flavor. Has a Lynch / Cronenberg feel and doesn't take itself too seriously. I think it took me to the end of the second episode to get fully on board but was a hoot thereon out.
Inspired by this thread, I just watched the first episode and loved it. Strong Lynch vibes, as you said.

Five minutes into the second episode and Catherine Keener
Spoiler alert
has talked about the spirit world about fifty times, which has made it all feel rather disappointingly prosaic.
[close]

Deliciousbass

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on November 13, 2021, 11:42:08 PM
Inspired by this thread, I just watched the first episode and loved it. Strong Lynch vibes, as you said.

Five minutes into the second episode and Catherine Keener
Spoiler alert
has talked about the spirit world about fifty times, which has made it all feel rather disappointingly prosaic.
[close]

Ha! I feel like there's a lot less bollocking on about that kinda thing as it progresses. would be interested to hear your thoughts if you watch further on.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I enjoyed the rest of the second episode. It's still got a great look and feel to it all. It's just that it was almost laughable how quickly things went from "What the fuck!?" to "Oh. Okay."

MojoJojo

I enjoyed The Old Guard. The premise makes for some interesting action.

Dr Rock

There's a great Nina Simone doc on there right now, and I also enjoyed all of People Just Do Nothing, which I've not seen before.

TrenterPercenter

The Staircase. Documentary about some rich arsehole who's wife falls down the stairs, or does she?

Basically like Making a murderer but better.

non capisco

The Power Of The Dog is up on there next week I think. Saw it in the cinema this evening and can recommend. Jane Campion can be a bit hit and miss for me but this one's a belter with a great turn from Benedict Cumberbatch playing a right arsehole of a cowboy.

Glebe

Quote from: non capisco on November 20, 2021, 12:15:30 AMThe Power Of The Dog is up on there next week I think. Saw it in the cinema this evening and can recommend. Jane Campion can be a bit hit and miss for me but this one's a belter with a great turn from Benedict Cumberbatch playing a right arsehole of a cowboy.

Yeah I thought it was pretty good. It reminded me of in some ways of There Will Be Blood, arsehole main character in a fedora, dusty plains, and the score - which I was kind of surprised-but-not-surprised was composed by Johnny Greenwood.

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: Glebe on February 19, 2022, 09:51:11 PMYeah I thought it was pretty good. It reminded me of in some ways of There Will Be Blood, arsehole main character in a fedora, dusty plains, and the score - which I was kind of surprised-but-not-surprised was composed by Johnny Greenwood.

Also great and on Netflix right now.

Glebe

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on February 19, 2022, 10:28:46 PMAlso great and on Netflix right now.

Indeed, and Greenwood's score really adds to the sense of menace.