Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:20:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cracking the same joke/comment every time

Started by Cloud, November 07, 2021, 10:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud

Know someone who does this?

One at work who brings us a backup CD every month. "Don't say I never give you anything!" - every month for the almost 15 years I've been there

Guy in the pub every Thursday (I am now on a 4 day week, still 37 hours though): "well, that's your week done ey! Ey it's hardly worth you going in eh!"
Every Sunday: "Back to it, you won't be used to it after such a long weekend eh"

To be fair, these little quirks just seem to be how people operate, something to say, keep the mood light, etc.  I'm the quiet one because I find all this method of small talk etc really sticks out

Chance would be a fine thing.  A fine thing indeed.

Cuntbeaks

This type of banality is nearly always peddled by cunts that need to crawl under a hedge and just fucking die.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

They're all cracking the same jokes after I'm done with them.

madhair60

poo

buttgammon

Ahh, this takes me back (to the last time I was reversing in a car).

Video Game Fan 2000

I identify as someone who says the same joke over and over.

Glebe

Might be kind of a nervous tic, saying the same thing over and over. I'm sure I've done it myself!

I'm sure I've done it myself!

Dex Sawash

Shaky

It's code for, "Rescue me, for I am in Hell."

Shit Good Nose

Are cracking the same jokes and making the same comments repeatedly not just olden times memes?

Your mum.

flotemysost

Definitely observed this to be part of the fabric of the microcosms of various offices I've worked in. "Milk, sugar?" "Milk, no sugar - sweet enough, aren't I!" *gales of demonic laughter* EVERY FUCKING DAY

Also used to work with a slimy bar manager who'd always lumber over to the bar once his shift had finished and ask for a pint - with "a lot of head", because you know, he liked getting a lot of head, ho ho! EVERY FUCKING DAY

Video Game Fan 2000

"where do you need the funds transfered"
"to my personal account HAHAHAHA"

My personal "do you come with the car?"

Psychologist: and how did that make you feel?
Beaming grin: Aroused!

That never got old.
For me.

Whenever Bradley goes "The chaser immediately comes onto the table"
I always go "urgh"

I should be in a lawnmower, but you'll have to catch me first! Weeeeeeeeeee!

Glebe

JamesTC

Reminds me of a woman who regularly said the same thing to everybody who was leaving: "Hope your evening is as lovely as I am".

Before leaving, a guy mentioned that he was off the next day, so she quipped "Hope your day off is as lovely as I am" and he replied "I'm going to a funeral". I had to hide behind my computer screen as I was laughing so much.

non capisco

A bloke I used to work with said "Good moaning" to me like the Allo Allo policeman every morning of the two years I was working there. I sort of admired the commitment.

idunnosomename

everytime I grab my brother's penis I quip that I'm steering a boat

edit: also everytime I look up his arsehole I claim I see the future

Video Game Fan 2000

(while looking up me dads bum) that anne robinson is on the telly again!

seepage

Knew someone who'd usually answer anything with a Rod Steiger quote from Waterloo:
That report is due Friday
Well, that's as maybe, but I shall match it with my Lancers *does trumpet sound*

Glebe

I imagine several CaB folk can't resist doing "(I'm doing something) ...for an hour," occasionally.

"I'm going on my lunch break... for an hour."

"What's that supposed to be?"

"It's from The Day Today-"

"Weirdo, GET OUT."

Dex Sawash

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: non capisco on November 08, 2021, 12:34:18 AM
A bloke I used to work with said "Good moaning" to me like the Allo Allo policeman every morning of the two years I was working there. I sort of admired the commitment.

Me too! Although it was only three months because I couldn't stand it any longer.

That's reminded me of when you say 'See you tomorrow' [nb]Why do some people say 'Good night'? It's ten past five you weirdo.[/nb] as you leave work, but immediately realise you've forgotten something and go back into the room to be greeted by the inevitable 'Good morning!'.

Twonty Gostelow

And in case any one asks, I'm not three bad and no, I'm half left!!!!!!!

Dex Sawash

We had a goodnight cabal at work but I have finally killed the last one.

falafel

I had one specific colleague that I said happy new year to every time I saw them right into about May one year. But it was sort of deliberately excruciating. Still makes me a cunt, probably.

A lad I was at school with often said "what's that, then - Scotch mist!?"

I just imagine him being up north of the border and pointing at a film of vapour in the air and saying it, and some confused local answering "well, yes?"

tourism

I don't mind if people do the same jokes again and again provided they're a gregarious normie type tbh

tourism

going 'someone considers rewrite!!!!' at anything vaguely rum sounding is shit tho