Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:41:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pukka Pies for goalposts - a Football League/ National League thread

Started by holyzombiejesus, November 08, 2021, 04:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnquark

Yeah I was going to ask, how did it work? I was in London on Sat, so couldn't go. Got 2 tickets for tomorrow though, nervous already!

kalowski

Quote from: finnquark on November 15, 2021, 08:10:57 PM
Yeah I was going to ask, how did it work? I was in London on Sat, so couldn't go. Got 2 tickets for tomorrow though, nervous already!
As you went in you were asked where you planned on going? We said "behind the goal" and were given silver wristbands. We were good and stayed in our allotted zone but there was a hilarious moment half way through the second half: a steward collared two blokes and said, "You can't stand here, you've got the wrong wristband". They said, "We were here throughout the first half!". This argument repeated for three or four minutes until the steward said, "OK, lads, it's fine."

holyzombiejesus

Last time I went to Boundary Park it was a rather pleasant late summer evening. The sun was shining in the Vale fans' eyes and they were complaining to the stewards, demanding that something be done about it. Lee Hughes missed a penalty and not only did we have to witness that awful fucking dance but it was performed by Oldham fans mocking us. What with the sun in their eyes and the missed penalty, the Vale fans were really angry and decided to throw a flair in to their own fans.

Inspector Norse

Not surprised Hughes got mocked as he was a former player and (as everyone knows) massive cunt.

I looked that game up though and the report says Adam Rooney scored twice, which must be made up.

Quote from: The Lurker on November 15, 2021, 05:25:12 PM
I've been to Boundary Park... on Boxing Day,

I assume your team left with the points - we've only won at home on Boxing Day once this entire century, I think.

The Lurker

We sure did. We were without a manager and rock bottom but scored early on and pretty much nothing else happened in the game.

finnquark

Capacity reduced again to 1,390. On he day of our biggest cup game for 6 years. Cheers Trafford Boroufh Council!

kalowski

Quote from: finnquark on November 16, 2021, 06:22:03 PM
Capacity reduced again to 1,390. On he day of our biggest cup game for 6 years. Cheers Trafford Boroufh Council!
Worse than that... they've closed the fucking Golf Road end.

kalowski

A 91st minute cock up sees Altrincham knocked out of the FA Cup. On the balance of play Gateshead deserved the win...but not like that.

jobotic

CHESTERFIELD. And we're playing Salford, so we're the good guys.

finnquark

Quote from: kalowski on November 16, 2021, 09:50:38 PM
A 91st minute cock up sees Altrincham knocked out of the FA Cup. On the balance of play Gateshead deserved the win...but not like that.

Everything about it was so tinpot. The fucking stewards!

Quote from: finnquark on November 16, 2021, 06:22:03 PM

What's the story there then?

finnquark

Not quite sure yet (can sort of make an educated guess). There's an emerging thread on the forum headed 'Snakes and Shitbags', so I'm sure some juicy goss will emerge to shed some light.

Kankurette

kalowski

Quote from: finnquark on November 16, 2021, 11:56:35 PM
Not quite sure yet (can sort of make an educated guess). There's an emerging thread on the forum headed 'Snakes and Shitbags', so I'm sure some juicy goss will emerge to shed some light.
I read that a neighbour complained and that led to them closing the Fan Zone area (which I've never visited myself).
If true, I think I know who that was!

jobotic

Quite enjoyed the Stockport manager shouting "fucking idiots", "fuck off" to the fans on the pitch. Looks like it was a cracking game.

Thursday

Would have been very funny if they'd had to abandon the match.

Yeah it was brilliant. Best club match I've watched on TV in years.

I bloody love the early stages of the FA Cup, which might be the only competition in the world that gets shitter the further it progresses. Only two rounds to go until Manchester United 2-0 West Bromwich Albion is live on ITV!

buttgammon

That was an absolutely superb tie! I got home late so missed the first two Bolton goals but really enjoyed it from then on.

jobotic

Glad I didn't miss the pathetic attempt to put the corner flag back just so the whistle could be blown.

Quote from: buttgammon on November 17, 2021, 10:54:29 PMThat was an absolutely superb tie! I got home late so missed the first two Bolton goals but really enjoyed it from then on.

That was genuinely one of the best matches I've seen following Stockport. The difference Challinor has made in just 3 games is incredible. 3 weeks ago we would have folded after going 0-2 down.

Kankurette

bgmnts

Aberystwyth beating Cardiff Met Uni 1-0 away from home if anyone is interested.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: bgmnts on November 19, 2021, 08:55:41 PMAberystwyth beating Cardiff Met Uni 1-0 away from home if anyone is interested.

Are the players of Cardiff Met Uni actually students at Cardiff Met Uni? Or can they just sign anyone they like (a bit like Metropolitan Police FC)?

bgmnts

Quote from: monkfromhavana on November 19, 2021, 09:21:08 PMAre the players of Cardiff Met Uni actually students at Cardiff Met Uni? Or can they just sign anyone they like (a bit like Metropolitan Police FC)?

I believe they are a mixture of undergraduate and PhD students indeed. I think this leads to a huge disparity in experience and quality in the team and that's fun.

finnquark

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on November 16, 2021, 10:31:58 PMWhat's the story there then?

Board have now issued a statement. Amounts to a range of issues, particularly with the external wall on the home end. The club have engaged structural engineers and the 2nd reduction in capacity was mainly to do with stewarding failures after the 1st reduction. They're aiming to address all issues before the Christmas fixtures, which is vital as we have both Stockport and Wrexham at home.

Interestingly they finished the statement by confirming that the initial inspection was prompted by an email to the council from someone connected to the club.

kalowski

Quote from: finnquark on November 20, 2021, 11:55:35 AMBoard have now issued a statement. Amounts to a range of issues, particularly with the external wall on the home end. The club have engaged structural engineers and the 2nd reduction in capacity was mainly to do with stewarding failures after the 1st reduction. They're aiming to address all issues before the Christmas fixtures, which is vital as we have both Stockport and Wrexham at home.

Interestingly they finished the statement by confirming that the initial inspection was prompted by an email to the council from someone connected to the club.
At first I thought it was a neighbour of mine who had complained about the "fan zone"

Kankurette

Kankurette