Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:38:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Señor Spielbergos

Started by Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth, November 10, 2021, 06:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Inspired by some recent talk of Dennis Quaid being the poor man's Harrison Ford, who are the other Non-Union Mexican Equivalents of Hollywood bigshots?

Rupert Penry Jones is a toofer, being the NUME of both Daniel Craig and Paul Bettany. Laurence Fox would also be a Bettany NUME, if he were an actor.

Marc Warren is a bit like the Lidl Paul Bettany.

beanheadmcginty

Surely he's Malcolm Macdowell?

Glebe

Sorry we're all out of Tom Hardy at the moment would Logan Marshall-Green suffice?

Mr Trumpet

Can't afford Jason Statham for your straight-to-DVD actioner? Luke Goss is your man:

Glebe

^Like a bald (and possible phimotic) Tom Cruise.

Matt Damon's people not returning your calls? There's always Jesse Plemons.

How do you like them Granny Smiths?

non capisco

Once upon a time you were annoyed with your Dad when you asked him to go to the shops and get you Kevin Spacey and he came back with Brennan Brown from the Orange Wednesday adverts saying "Apparently this one's exactly the same but a bit cheaper." Not any more, though, eh?

DJ Bob Hoskins

I like to think of this gentleman not as the poor man's Martin Sheen, but rather the thinking man's Martin Sheen:

zomgmouse

Quote from: DJ Bob Hoskins on November 10, 2021, 11:46:23 PM
I like to think of this gentleman not as the poor man's Martin Sheen, but rather the thinking man's Martin Sheen:

is that because it's his brother

Ferris

Burn Gorman looks like a Hollywood character actor without really looking like any specific one.

If the budget's tight but filming must go on, why not feel the Burn?!

Famous Mortimer

Someone's had the same thought as me, cos it's a handy side by side image off of Reddit. When you want Joshua Jackson, but he is for some reason unavailable, get yourself some Robin Dunne:

(I think Dunne actually replaced Jackson in straight-to-video sequels to "The Skulls" and..."Cruel Intentions"? Was Jackson in that?)

zomgmouse

*squinting eyes* is that... is that Brad Pitt?

ah no it's Karl Urban

Famous Mortimer

You want Bruce Willis in 1990? How about, instead, I give you Bruce Willis in 2021?

zomgmouse

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on November 11, 2021, 04:04:08 AM
You want Bruce Willis in 1990? How about, instead, I give you Bruce Willis in 2021?

You want Bruce Willis in 1990? How about, instead, I give you Mickey Rourke in 1990

Famous Mortimer

You want a Baldwin brother? Just how crazy, right wing and religious?

joaquin closet

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on November 11, 2021, 03:29:18 AM
Someone's had the same thought as me, cos it's a handy side by side image off of Reddit. When you want Joshua Jackson, but he is for some reason unavailable, get yourself some Robin Dunne:

(I think Dunne actually replaced Jackson in straight-to-video sequels to "The Skulls" and..."Cruel Intentions"? Was Jackson in that?)

That's Paul Thomas Anderson on the left. It is.

Mister Six

Quote from: thecuriousorange on November 10, 2021, 10:29:00 PM
Matt Damon's people not returning your calls? There's always Jesse Plemons.

How do you like them Granny Smiths?

Sensing an oversaturated market for Matt Damons, Jesse Plemons is currently midway through a transmogrification that will allow him to fill the vacuum in the Philip Seymour Hoffman industry.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: zomgmouse on November 11, 2021, 03:52:56 AM
*squinting eyes* is that... is that Brad Pitt?

ah no it's Karl Urban
see also Benicio del Toro

phantom_power

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 11, 2021, 02:31:49 AM
Burn Gorman looks like a Hollywood character actor without really looking like any specific one.

If the budget's tight but filming must go on, why not feel the Burn?!

Tom Holland from 2041

Magnum Valentino

He looks like your man Dr No.

Blumf

Christopher Reeves's Clark Kent has been left in the bath too long

joaquin closet

Quote from: Mister Six on November 11, 2021, 03:58:11 PM
Sensing an oversaturated market for Matt Damons, Jesse Plemons is currently midway through a transmogrification that will allow him to fill the vacuum in the Philip Seymour Hoffman industry.

He played Hoffman's son in The Master

Sainsbury's Basics Joseph Gordon Levitt

DJ Bob Hoskins

Quote from: zomgmouse on November 10, 2021, 11:52:05 PM
is that because it's his brother

It's because he's clearly far better value for money than his sibling. And talk about prolific. His brother should be ashamed at his comparitvely meagre output.

https://youtu.be/MMTsSMttjdI?t=267

(That list of credits is genuine, much to my surprise. His IMDb filmography is a cracking read).

DJ Bob Hoskins

Quote from: thecuriousorange on November 11, 2021, 08:01:57 PM
Sainsbury's Basics Joseph Gordon Levitt

Also available:

Tesco Value Matthew Broderick
Lidl Stephen Colbert

Famous Mortimer

The Panda Pops equivalent of The Rock / Jason Statham, Dominic Purcell:

(I like him, but he definitely gets those sorts of roles)

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

He's obviously gone on to much greater stardom, but Ryan Reynolds seemed like the Happy Shopper Jason Lee when he first appeared. Hiz whole star persona seemed to be based on Brodie from Mallrats.

Brundle-Fly

I love Michael Ironside but he was a bit Shakin' Jack Nicholson in his day.

Goldentony

then he had his nemesis Lance Henriksen to contend with