Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:32:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Owain Wyn Evans

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, November 12, 2021, 12:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrenterPercenter

All about Liam Dutton for me Clive.

Magnum Valentino

Doing the BBC News theme on drums seems to be his one "bit", there's a few videos of various versions going back a year and a bit - did he play anything notable during the 24 hours, like something by another drummer, famous songs etc?

Kind of feels like the "unexpected cover of the news intro song" belongs to Bill Bailey.

Keebleman

Quote from: buttgammon on November 13, 2021, 11:00:52 AM
Maybe he has a homophobic mother or something. "At least give it a go Derek" she says, but even she would have to accept that if Behnaz Akhgar wouldn't do it for him, no woman would.

Instead of wouldn't/would you should have put couldn't/could.  As it is you seem to implying that Behnaz is the biggest slut in the world.  Which she isn't.

buttgammon

Quote from: Keebleman on November 14, 2021, 12:17:52 AM
Instead of wouldn't/would you should have put couldn't/could.  As it is you seem to implying that Behnaz is the biggest slut in the world.  Which she isn't.

Oh she certainly isn't - for what it's worth, I don't think Derek is her type.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: buttgammon on November 14, 2021, 12:36:05 AM
Oh she certainly isn't - for what it's worth, I don't think Derek is her type.

I once saw him doing one of his Weather Walks heading towards me on the very narrow cliff path between Tresaith and Penbryn.

I didn't know whether to
Spoiler alert
ask for his autograph
[close]
or
Spoiler alert
just smile and nod
[close]

Captain Z

What is it with the Welsh and being weather presenters. There's Sian Lloyd too. And Carol Voderman was effectively the weather person on Countdown.

poo

robhug

One of my oldest friends has given Behnaz Akhgar one, which I found quite impressive.

bgmnts

Quote from: Captain Z on November 14, 2021, 01:50:39 AM
What is it with the Welsh and being weather presenters. There's Sian Lloyd too. And Carol Voderman was effectively the weather person on Countdown.

Discrimination on the English dominated BBC.

Keebleman

Quote from: robhug on November 14, 2021, 11:31:42 AM
One of my oldest friends has given Behnaz Akhgar one, which I found quite impressive.

Did she find it impressive though, that's the question.

And when you say oldest, do you mean you've known him a long time, or that he's got an impressive number of decades in his collection?

buttgammon

This is genuinely one of the most impressive claims to fame I've heard!

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Captain Z on November 14, 2021, 01:50:39 AM
And Carol Voderman was effectively the weather person on Countdown.

I didn't know she was from Wales, so I looked her up on Wikipedia and

QuoteHer parents separated three weeks after her birth

That's a bit deso. "Fucking hell, you've given birth to that? I'm outta here!"

Also

QuoteIn her spare time, she was briefly a backing singer with friend Lindsay Forrest in the Leeds-based pop group Dawn Chorus and the Blue Tits, fronted by radio DJ Liz Kershaw during the early 1980s.

Twit 2

Quote from: robhug on November 14, 2021, 11:31:42 AM

Just did a google, and it's very much a "would" from me.

Behnaz's not too shabby, either!!!!

robhug

Quote from: Keebleman on November 14, 2021, 03:09:18 PM
Did she find it impressive though, that's the question.

And when you say oldest, do you mean you've known him a long time, or that he's got an impressive number of decades in his collection?

Oldest as in Ive known him a long time not old as in The Queen RIP.

She was pre-TV at the time, so I doubt she'd piss on him now which she was all to wiling to do in the 90's.

canadagoose

Noticed other BBC types butchering his first name. "Hawaiian", "A-Wayne". It's o-wine innit?

Jasha

Only worth 24 in Scrabble