Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:29:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wallet Chains

Started by Blumf, November 12, 2021, 03:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

Just got a new wallet, and it came with a little chain.

Now, I'm not going to use it as it's looks a bit weedy, and I maintain my personal security whilst out on the mean streets by punching anyone who gets within arms length of myself. But do any of you leash your wallets? Is it cool, or is it for twats?

Captain Z

I just don't understand all this cryptocurrency stuff.

shiftwork2

What do people carry in wallets these days?  Haven't used one for a few years.

Hat FM

Quote from: shiftwork2 on November 12, 2021, 04:00:30 PM

innnnit. apple pay all day bruh.

imitationleather

Sum 41 called: They haven't got a new album out!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: shiftwork2 on November 12, 2021, 04:00:30 PM

Money, cards for buying things and getting discounts, necessary receipts, train tickets.

Cards don't wear away as quick either. I did a run this summer of trying just having a debit card and keys in my pocket and it was freeing to an extent but still found myself having to get cash out for certain things and the card roughing up in my pocket.

The main problem is men's wallets hardly ever having a zip for coins. What is with that? This isn't a stand up routine, it genuinely isn't funny.

Cuellar

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Cuellar on November 12, 2021, 04:21:01 PM
Coins??!

Yeah, I don't deliberately try and acquire them. Glad you've had a good time of it though.

It might get in the way when you take your mobile out of its belt pouch.

Icehaven

I have to wear a chain like that (only a bit bigger) at work attached to my keys, and it's a pain as it gets stuck down the side of chairs and the links are exactly the right size for the teeth of two of the keys to get stuck in, which is wholly avoidable if they'd just thought about it for 5 fucking minutes and got a different style of chain. I try and keep it rolled up in my pocket but it falls out as you walk around anyway. Why anyone would choose to wear one out of choice is beyond me (although I probably did in the late 90s).

Sebastian Cobb

I'd say 'I'll leave this to the young team' but I fear it's probably my generation's onion-on-belt.

Johnny Foreigner

I have a plain leather wallet with a heavy bulge from all the coins. It has no hooks or openings to which a chain could be attached; that would be useless as well, since I keep it in the inner pocket of my twenty-year-old single-breasted jacket. I pay cash whenever I can; it is none of the bank's business where and how much I spend.

Sebastian Cobb

Also what do all you sneering cashless buck rodgers chumps do when you need to free a shopping trolley? Use an app to summon some sort of servant to fetch it for you I expect.

Cuellar

Keep an old pound coin in the car

Icehaven

One of those pound size things you can get for exactly that purpose on my keyring. Even if I had a purse/wallet I wouldn't have pounds in it very often as I don't use cash much.

Blumf

I drilled out a few old style pound coins and keep one on my key chain.

In my wallet is one of them metal credit card sized multi-tool things. I've used it to open a bottle once.

mothman

Jasha

Quote from: Johnny Foreigner on November 12, 2021, 05:04:32 PM
I pay cash whenever I can; it is none of the bank's business where and how much I spend.

Drugs and/or hookers

Sebastian Cobb

I know what a trolley keys are, but surely keeping it on the ring of your actual keys is looking for trouble, what if in a daft moment you forget to retrieve them and leave them dangling in the trolley?

Blumf

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 12, 2021, 05:45:28 PM
I know what a trolley keys are, but surely keeping it on the ring of your actual keys is looking for trouble, what if in a daft moment you forget to retrieve them and leave them dangling in the trolley?

Surely that'd only happen if you were the type of person to just ditch their trolley in the middle of the car park instead of responsibly returning it to the bay. You're not one of those people, are you?

Also, most the trolley token things I've seen have just been on a little hook so you can take it off the key-chain.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Blumf on November 12, 2021, 06:08:00 PM
Surely that'd only happen if you were the type of person to just ditch their trolley in the middle of the car park instead of responsibly returning it to the bay. You're not one of those people, are you?

Also, most the trolley token things I've seen have just been on a little hook so you can take it off the key-chain.

No, for a start I'm usually on my bicycle or on foot. But I've definitely just slammed the trolley into the chain of trolleys and absent-mindely forgot it's one of the places that makes you unlock them in the first place.

To add to this, if you left your car key on there, while you shopped you'd definitely be asking for trouble if you took a few steps away as someone could clock it and hoon off with your trolley. Even if they had to pay for all your Kingsmill and Fray Bentos on the way out it seems a decent swap for a car.

Butchers Blind

Keep my cards in my phone holder.  Not on a chain though, its like advertising to ne'er-do-wells around that you've got something worth beating over the head for.

Icehaven

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 12, 2021, 05:45:28 PM

Quote from: Blumf on November 12, 2021, 06:08:00 PM

Yep you have to take it off the keyring to use it, it won't fit in the slot otherwise.

Icehaven

Quote from: Butchers Blind on November 12, 2021, 07:30:46 PM
Keep my cards in my phone holder.

I do this too, although I make sure I only keep my debit card there now as I put my emergencies only credit card in there and forgot about it, then when I was thinking I was so suave by simply swiping my phone at the contactless machine and swanning off I didn't realise it'd taken the payments off the wrong card. Spent about £50 before I noticed, ffs.

GoblinAhFuckScary

bit of a techwear renaissaince atm so get the wallet chain with some issey miyake and ann demeulemeester or summin idk

I, however, would not

for I wear no trousers

Ray Travez

Used to wear a chain on my wallet when I was a bookie's runner, placing bets for a consortium. I was regularly carrying five or six hundred pounds, sometimes more. I forget why I started- either I left the wallet in the bookies one time, or I just wanted to be sure I always had it on me, as it was chained to my kecks.

Blumf

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on November 13, 2021, 10:49:56 AM
I, however, would not

for I wear no trousers

You are Donald Duck and I claim my five pounds!

kalowski

Quote from: icehaven on November 12, 2021, 04:46:05 PM
I have to wear a chain like that (only a bit bigger) at work attached to my keys...
Where do you work, Slade Prison?

Cuellar

I believe icehaven does work in a prison yes