Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,491
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:09:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

It's a-me, Gucci! The House of Gucci thread

Started by George White, November 13, 2021, 11:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George White

Anyone looking forward to this?
It looks to be awful yet I can't wait for it. An attempt to merge the Godfather, some 80s bonkbuster miniseries and Stella Street in one.
Lady Gaga and Adam Driver channelling Mary and Dick from Glenroe (obscure Irish telly ref) but doing Bertorelli-level Italian-a accents-a.
And the rest of the cast made to look like supporting actors from the Godfather.
Leto as Joe Spinell,  Pacino as Richard Conte, and Jeremy's Iron as Abe Vigoda.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: George White on November 13, 2021, 11:52:20 AM
Leto as Joe Spinell...Jeremy's Iron as Abe Vigoda.

Not gonna lie, I looked it up when I read this as I wasn't sure if you were doing a bit and it seems to be the type of film that does exactly this.  Imagine my disappointment...

I saw the trailer and Lady gaga looked well fit!
I think she's finally found her look. She can stop experimenting with bits of meat and that now.
I've never seen her in anything but she was drawing me in. Seems like a fun performance. Yeah, I'll definitely give it a go.

bgmnts

Well yeah tbf Lady Gaga is one of those naturally pretty people, like Amy Winehouse, who decided to just cover it all in shit. Which I quite like tbh.

Film will be shit but maybe fun who knows.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: bgmnts on November 13, 2021, 12:32:27 PM
Well yeah tbf Lady Gaga is one of those naturally pretty people, like Amy Winehouse,

Tbh I always thought it was the opposite with those two. Not classically attractive so they went overboard with the makeup/clothes/hair to appease the superficial record company types.

Keebleman

Quite something that at 83 Ridley Scott has two big movies opening almost simultaneously.

Web-DL is out and about today for anyone interested.

SteveDave

SteveDave

Holy shit this is bad. And there's so much of it! Adam Driver's Italian accent is worse than Aldo Raine's

the science eel

Gaga's great but I think we see an example of 'sympathy casting' with Pacino

SteveDave

Quote from: the science eel on February 01, 2022, 08:50:56 PMGaga's great

"Issa me, Mario!"

This got abandoned after 100 minutes as I couldn't take anymore soap opera/smell the fart "acting is just intense staring" from her and Kylo Ren.

Top to (50 minutes away from the) tail cliche ridden- Jeremy Irons coughing into a handkerchief- he gonna DIE! Lady Gaga seen drinking during the day- HER LIFE IS SPIRALLING OUT OF CONTROL!!!

I would watch a cut of this that was just Jared Leto's scenes as he seemed to think he was in a completely different film. "Don't-a you-a talk-a to me, you lying sack-a potatoes!"

I could imagine it becoming a cult late night thing along the lines of "The Room" with people shouting the fuck awful dialogue out alongside the dead behind the eyes performances on screen.