Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:38:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Don’t be a Cock in Dubai

Started by Tony Tony Tony, November 14, 2021, 11:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Tony Tony

https://dailyuknews.com/uk-news/trigger-warning-device-for-classrooms-and-parties-sounds-alarm-when-it-detects-offensive-language/

Maybe get one for my Parents at Xmas.

Flat batteries by Boxing Day.

QuoteThe Themis will emit irritating sounds when it detects offensive speech has been said around it
Zinah Issa, who unveiled the device in Dubai, told The Telegraph: 'Through the use of speech recognition and sound sensors we were able to program Themis to detect offensive terms – racial slurs, offensive jokes – through the microphone.

'Extremely bothersome alarms last approximately two minutes, after which Themis turns off, allowing an open, understanding discussion among people on the possible trigger matter and the potential reasons behind Themis's activation'.

Fambo Number Mive

I'm sceptical that this device is "being trialled for use in classrooms and universities to 'moderate' debate". Which classrooms and universities? It also makes a nonsense of the right wing media claim that teaching is full of lefties, if it is why would these "political correctness" devices be needed?

It's a great way to get people on the right annoyed (the Telegraph saying "the thought police have arrived" but I don't think we'll ever see these outside of the Global Grad Show.

Paul Calf

Great idea. I can't imagine this being a welcome gift for disruptive cunts at all.

Sebastian Cobb

i wonder what other capture capabilities it has and how long the retention period is?

can't imagine there would be any potential benefit in using this information to build a model of known voice fingerprints in an environment essentially everyone goes to.

bgmnts

"Isn't it true that lots of migrant labourers have died during the building of the gaudy horrid hyper luxury resort that is Dubai?"

AWOOGA! AWOOGA! AWOOGA!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bgmnts on November 14, 2021, 12:36:25 PM
"Isn't it true that lots of migrant labourers have died during the building of the gaudy horrid hyper luxury resort that is Dubai?"

AWOOGA! AWOOGA! AWOOGA!

John Fashanu leaps from cupboard.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 14, 2021, 12:05:32 PM
i wonder what other capture capabilities it has and how long the retention period is?

can't imagine there would be any potential benefit in using this information to build a model of known voice fingerprints in an environment essentially everyone goes to.

Looks a bit like one of them air freshener things.

If Mrs TTT gets one in our shitter I wouldn't want to be at the listening end.

Cold Meat Platter

"John Spartan you are fined one credit for violation of the verbal morality statute."

Jasha

Obviously not trialled in Glasgow

Kankurette

Take one to a football match and see if it explodes. The Everton fans among you could plant one in the Gwladys Street End. Make sure Tom Davies is playing for added screaming.

greenman

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 14, 2021, 12:01:30 PM
Great idea. I can't imagine this being a welcome gift for disruptive cunts at all.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on November 14, 2021, 02:58:46 PM
"John Spartan you are fined one credit for violation of the verbal morality statute."

They also use three seashells in Dubai.

GMTV

Quote from: Jasha on November 14, 2021, 03:28:44 PM
Obviously not trialled in Glasgow

Separate device for Glasgow that emits an alarm when something offensive isn't said