Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:56:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Appalling toys

Started by Icehaven, November 14, 2021, 07:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Rock Lords. Whatwerthaddabout?

Seriously though, shithouse transformers, 50% of their incarnation was crap. How were you supposed to play with them when they were rocks, roll them about? Appalling toy.

kalowski

Icehaven

Quote from: kalowski on November 14, 2021, 08:14:01 PM

That looks like it would have been banjaxed by a marble. Good appalling toy.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Poopsie Slime Surprise Unicorn, a unicorn that shits and then you play with the shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsW4npZ0bDk

kalowski

Quote from: Jasha on November 14, 2021, 08:45:32 PM
Is that the thing you could program to follow a route?
Yep. That was the toy. In the last year of primary we were allowed to bring in games. Most people brought in board games, like Totopoly, Connect 4 and Risk but my rich mate Mike brought this in, drove Big Trak around the classroom a few times, and then went off to play Downfall.

Small Man Big Horse

The first time I met my step-father, a few months before he was due to marry my mum, he tried to get me to like him by buying me a toy lawn mower. Even as a four year old I can remember thinking "What on earth is the point of this?" as it didn't have any blades, and couldn't cut grass, you could just push it about a bit while it did absolutely fuck all. It sums up my Step-Dad perfectly though I guess, as a man with an extremely limited imagination and one who didn't understand children in the slightest.

Chedney Honks

Couldn't afford Transformers as a kid so Rock Lords from the market were one of my fondest toy memories. I protected the gold one from any scuffs like it was a wounded chick in my palm. I wonder whether I could buy the IP for less than a hundred quid nowadays. I might actually do it. Thanks for the memory.

JamesTC

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 14, 2021, 09:12:42 PM
The first time I met my step-father, a few months before he was due to marry my mum, he tried to get me to like him by buying me a toy lawn mower. Even as a four year old I can remember thinking "What on earth is the point of this?" as it didn't have any blades, and couldn't cut grass, you could just push it about a bit while it did absolutely fuck all. It sums up my Step-Dad perfectly though I guess, as a man with an extremely limited imagination and one who didn't understand children in the slightest.

For some reason, I am imagining your step-father as Chris Chibnall.

Blue Jam

Aquapets. Current design:

Original design:

Nowt wrong with that design at all, can't think why they changed it.

I have the red one fourth from the left ("Kadet", think it's meant to be a little space cadet). Water's gone brown and it makes annoying noises but I bought it because I am a total child.

Beagle 2

Rock Lords were skill because baddies would be all like "nothing going on here, just some simple rocks" and then out of nowhere: total fuckdown.

Imagine a world where you can't even trust the rocks.

imitationleather

My youth was so deprived that all I ever had to play with was rocks... Of crack!!!

flotemysost

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on November 14, 2021, 09:58:51 PM

I was never into dollies really, so the idea of giving a child their own replica child to look after (even the more standard types) freaks me out a bit. Had zero interest in playing at changing an infant's nappies at a stage of life when my mastery of my own bladder/bowel movements probably left a fair bit to be desired.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 14, 2021, 10:17:21 PM

Nowt wrong with that design at all, can't think why they changed it.

"Well it's funny, I'd just got out of the shower and was in my dressing gown when I was putting my childrens' toys away and i must have stood on a toy with wheels or something because, well, my legs just went from under me..."

Replies From View

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 14, 2021, 09:12:42 PM

He could have at least asked. 

"Do you like blades at all."

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: imitationleather on November 14, 2021, 10:26:42 PM
My youth was so deprived that all I ever had to play with was rocks... Of crack!!!

If I didn't wake up with a stiffy on Christmas morning I had nothing to play with!

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 14, 2021, 10:37:11 PM
If I didn't wake up with a stiffy on Christmas morning I had nothing to play with!

Shure we used to be happy to play with the coal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcAaWc0eLvw&ab_channel=Martin%27sLife

Video Game Fan 2000

Impossible to judge the toy lawnmower without knowing if it was the kind that had all the little balls spinning in it when you pushed it.

Goldentony

Quote from: Beagle 2 on November 14, 2021, 10:24:48 PM
Imagine a world where you can't even trust the rocks.

happened to a mate, awful

Rizla

Quote from: kalowski on November 14, 2021, 08:14:01 PM

Big Trak was flippin ace you wallies. Make a maze for it, make it go "pew pew", make a different maze for it. Whole afternoon there.

Thread title immediately made me think of this lad -

Mystery bump'n'go action!

Goldentony

john you coming round

what you got

make a maze for the car

nah fuck off mate

loads of mazes we could make though, the potential

just said mate, no chance

Video Game Fan 2000

Late transformers spin-offs were worse than Go-Bots and Rocklords, imo. At least some of those were fun, they weren't

ACTION MASTERS

or PRETENDERS

really brought home a sense of "you're a child, everyone thinks you're an idiot"

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Rizla on November 14, 2021, 11:06:29 PM
Big Trak was flippin ace you wallies. Make a maze for it, make it go "pew pew", make a different maze for it. Whole afternoon there.

Thread title immediately made me think of this lad -

Mystery bump'n'go action!

My primary school got a big trak/turtle type thing but instead of being aesthetically cool like the big trak and the turtle it was just a nondescript box with pretty much the same keypad on the back.

In middle school we just had logo running on the archimedes.

I was quite surprised to see pretty much the same thing as a first assignment when I took on a computer science degree.

Dex Sawash

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Rizla on November 14, 2021, 11:06:29 PM

I think I still have mine stored in the basement. Pretty sure it's been stored with its batteries taken out, otherwise it'll be well knackered.

JesusAndYourBush

Atomic Energy Lab (comes with 1 sample of Polonium and 4 samples of Uranium).

Exciting!  Safe!

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on November 15, 2021, 01:40:56 AM
Atomic Energy Lab (comes with 1 sample of Polonium and 4 samples of Uranium).

Exciting!  Safe!

I think I prefer it to shitting unicorns and flamingoes, to be honest.

Pity there isn't enough radioactive material to have your own criticality accident.