Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:20:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bombs outside hospitals in Liverpool

Started by surreal, November 14, 2021, 09:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jittlebags

Bit risky using a car to deliver a bomb in Liverpool. Stop at the lights, and you'll either find your car propped up on some bricks, or there'll be a crowd of small boys going 'looch after yer bomb for a pound mate'.

Goldentony

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on November 15, 2021, 02:13:53 PM
Maybe he was running up to twat the driver, like that guy at Glasgow airport.

my only remaining memory of this is the Jerry Sadowitz joke where he just says as an aside someone from Glasgow pretended to punch a terrorist, did it happen?

An tSaoi

Quote from: Goldentony on November 15, 2021, 05:51:39 PM
my only remaining memory of this is the Jerry Sadowitz joke where he just says as an aside someone from Glasgow pretended to punch a terrorist, did it happen?

Bigfella

Did you hear about the female suicide bomber who mistook semtex for tampax?  She blew the wrong cunt up.

mothman

Quote from: shiftwork2 on November 15, 2021, 01:53:52 PM
I was born in a Liverpool hospital and missed this bomb by just 49 years.  Counting my blessings this lunchtime.

Anybody else had a sobering brush with death?

We went on a school trip to the Ypres trenches before the centenary.

sevendaughters

Quote from: sevendaughters on November 15, 2021, 04:15:28 PMAnyway as I am walking across the police start walking in a line across the park in the direction I just came from. Not a tight line like you see when they're combing for traces of the dead, but tight enough that they were completely unbroken when they walked straight through a kid's football match that was happening (they ordered them to break it off and move on). And then when I got to the car park itself I overheard a lady rozzer telling any dog walkers not to use the grass in the vast centre of the park where the pigs had walked. Not sure what they're doing, but they're doing something.

controlled explosion, as it turns out, that happened about 5 mins after I walked by

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: mjwilson on November 15, 2021, 05:31:47 PM
I considered going into Manchester city centre on the day of the bomb, but in the end I didn't get round to it.

I was there that day, shopping for a suit for my sister's wedding. I was evacuated from M&S with my mum, after we'd split up from my dad and agreed to meet him later but the meeting point was inside the evacuated area. I can't remember the sequence of events, but we were near Victoria station, wondering what we should do in those pre-ubiquitous mobile days and we'd pretty much decided that we may as well just get the tram back when I saw my dad's car down the road coming towards us. Bit of luck. Then we got home about half an hour later and found out we'd missed the big bang.

druss

This was actually an even shitter attempt than Four Lions, at least they managed to take a few people out at the chemist.

I wonder whether it was the blast or the shame that did him in? Makes you think.

hamfist

Shame the lads weren't there to yell "gerrout the area !" at the terrorbastard

Cuellar

Should have done a press conference where Boris just plays the footage of the guy blowing himself up on a loop with the Benny Hill music over it and Johnson is just pissing himself laughing at the idiot

The Bumlord

Quote from: mothman on November 15, 2021, 06:18:29 PM
Not milking it much then.

How many terrorists have YOU kicked in the pods?

Exactly.

idunnosomename

only supposed to blow the bloody doors off.

it is quite funny the cunt burned to death because the driver had the kiddy locks on (which is normal if you haven't paid your fare yet). lol.

guy shouldn't be using the fire extinguisher on it though. surprised. you only use them for small fires before they get out of control or if you need to subdue a blaze to escape. he's putting himself at risk for no good reason

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 15, 2021, 10:46:30 PM
guy shouldn't be using the fire extinguisher on it though. surprised. you only use them for small fires before they get out of control or if you need to subdue a blaze to escape. he's putting himself at risk for no good reason

Alright Keith Lard.

Pijlstaart

Tarnation! Al Swealmeen you worthless cocksucker, you'd burn the Gem right down to the ground and the whole camp with it if you thought you'd turn a profit on the ashes, shucks! You ain't never done right by me! I been peddlin' pussy each camp here to memphis an' even the crook of mah elbow when the bleedin' aches me summat terrible, an' ain't no dum-gubblin' cocksucker been fixin' ter goddamn diddly dum same as what youse did, I'd oughta gum doodly tootin' put you sleepin' right on the ground, let the birds have ya, 'ceptin' on account of mah charitable upbringing ah'm leavin' you in the mud outside the hospital door. I dids yer a kindness, Al Swealmeen, and I ain't do it again, ya hear me!

mothman

chveik

the queen was the bomber and they're trying to cover it up

MojoJojo

Quote from: MojoJojo on November 15, 2021, 11:35:24 AM
They probably grabbed who they were watching, whether they were linked to this or not. It seems unlikely they even knew who the bomber was within two hours, since he was all blown up.

They've all been released without questioning. To be fair if you think someone might be planning a terrorist attack it probably makes sense to grab them after an attack in case they take it as signal.

Guys been named as Emad Al Swealmeen. Asylum seeker, who converted to Christianity, so not a straightforward islamist attack.

sevendaughters

few streets in the Georgian cordoned off still, and there was a bit of a palaver on Mulgrave St with lots of police and fire. That's the street that runs between the Women's Hospital and Toxteth proper.

Sonny_Jim

Tony Tony Tony

mothman

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Beagle 2 on November 15, 2021, 01:09:36 PM
a pregnant lady with a ticking stomach

What happens when you suck too many clocks.

sevendaughters

Quote from: sevendaughters on November 16, 2021, 12:20:09 PM
few streets in the Georgian cordoned off still, and there was a bit of a palaver on Mulgrave St with lots of police and fire. That's the street that runs between the Women's Hospital and Toxteth proper.

turns out this was far right social media wankers antagonising people near a mosque, wonderful