Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:08:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy's still on Twitter and webcam

Started by Mister Six, November 15, 2021, 07:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Part 3 timestamped if you want to go straight in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlW898fkHno&t=9455

Retinend

Two Headed Sex Beast

FMV games seem to make for the best streams. He's got another one called Night Book lined up soon, from the same producers as Five Dates.

The more "gamey" a game is, the more likely I am to drift off the stream. DbD streams were the worst for me

Retinend

I've played exactly two modern games in my life - both of them this year. Namely, GTA5 and RDR2. After finishing each of them, I searched the Benny Harvey channel to see if Limmy had played them, and seeing he had, I watched him play through them and I had a blast doing so - for hours upon hours.

Yet if he plays Dead by Daylight or any other game I'm unfamiliar with, I feel alienated and bored after five minutes, in spite of my Limmy fandom.

So this year I finally understood why there's an audience for streamers at all - they (gamers) exhaust their library of games once they finish their last game, but they can still activate that existing dopamine circuit in their brains (or whatever) by re-running each of their favourite games through the eyes of another person, for hours at a time. Ideally someone charismatic and funny is running the games, so it's somewhat unpredictable, and somewhat familiar, at the same time.

It's a horrendous time-sink, however, and I am a bit concerned about myself for how much time I have already poured into these two games alone, and then into watching commentaries on these games.

amateur

As someone who doesn't play games (apart from with your HEARTS) I find these videos almost impossible to engage with.

More power to those who enjoy them, but when I was playing games in my youth, watching someone else play was about the least interesting thing I could imagine. But times have changed and I'm fine with that. I am.

Maybe I'll give these dating ones a go as they seem to be received as the best of the bunch.

Mister Six

Well the entertainment comes from Limmy's commentaries and stories, really. The dating ones are good because there's a lot for him to riff on.

stonkers

The walking simulators and FMVs are the best streams by miles. I've no interest in watching any Dead By Daylight or Truck Simulator streams but obviously people enjoy them. I like the Skyrim streams because I've sunk so many hours into it myself.

I don't watch any other Twitch streamers but I get the appeal. Up until about my late teens I'd devour any information on games that looked interesting but I wasn't going to get because my pocket money stretched to a game ever 1-2 months. I'd have been well into Twitch if it had been around then.

chveik

chveik

stonkers

What's also nice about those is that as much as he takes the piss he genuinely enjoys them, and the creators / actors have occasionally popped up in the chat and take it all in good humour.

Ferris

Quote from: stonkers on December 08, 2021, 09:06:12 PMWhat's also nice about those is that as much as he takes the piss he genuinely enjoys them, and the creators / actors have occasionally popped up in the chat and take it all in good humour.

Really? Fair play that's good fun. Does he interact with them or they just stay in the chat?

stonkers

He says hello to them and that's about it. The main actor from Contradiction turns up in the chat every so often and they've interacted a bit on Twitter I think.

Ferris

Quote from: stonkers on December 08, 2021, 11:35:48 PMHe says hello to them and that's about it. The main actor from Contradiction turns up in the chat every so often and they've interacted a bit on Twitter I think.

Oh the eccentric dr who type chap? He's dead good, not surprised he's up for a bit of a laugh.

Cuellar

Yeah, he occasionally appears in other FMVs and it always gets a huge cheer in the chat.

I think one of the other guys from Contradiction (the larger guy that seems to just stand at a fireplace drinking whiskey throughout the game) even went to one of Limmy's book readings(?) and got a photo with him.

Quote from: stonkers on December 08, 2021, 09:06:12 PMWhat's also nice about those is that as much as he takes the piss he genuinely enjoys them, and the creators / actors have occasionally popped up in the chat and take it all in good humour.

He really rated the acting/production/editing on the dating game.

Jerzy Bondov

Hope Herring hasn't seen him pouring scorn all over Would You Rather on this dating game.

wooders1978

I think the dating sim has seen a return to form - he's been hilarious, fave bit was saying "influencer" isn't a real job

Captain Z

That was great, and also his drunk "Blackpool illuminations" patter during the third date with Maya in the final run through.

Quote from: Captain Z on December 09, 2021, 12:26:09 PMhis drunk "Blackpool illuminations" patter during the third date with Maya in the final run through.

That was a real Limmy's World Of Glasgow moment.

I saw that Blackpool bit streamed at the time and I'm glad it's been preserved. Genuinely the most I've laughed in a very long time. I feel like everyone must have come across someone like that at some point. Really well observed.

Chollis

Ferris

Quote from: Chollis on December 09, 2021, 12:38:01 PM"they've tidied it right up"

And the preceding "it used to be a mess". Really good.

How many runs through has he done? I watched the first one (well... left it playing while I tidied the kitchen) but it seems like there's a lot more of this.

chutnut

Condradiction was definitely Limmy's streaming peak, hopefully he's going to focus more on games like this now

I wasn't sure how genuine his compliments on the game were tbh, he doesn't seem to say anything like that until he realises people involved are watching

Quote from: Ferris on December 09, 2021, 12:42:57 PMAnd the preceding "it used to be a mess". Really good.

How many runs through has he done? I watched the first one (well... left it playing while I tidied the kitchen) but it seems like there's a lot more of this.

He's done three run throughs of this, the first one was him playing naturally, the second was him trying to "100% it" and I haven't got round to the third one yet but hoping it's where he tries out some of the more demented options.

Quote from: Ferris on December 09, 2021, 12:42:57 PMHow many runs through has he done? I watched the first one (well... left it playing while I tidied the kitchen) but it seems like there's a lot more of this.

He did a win run of each date I think.

monkfromhavana

Contradiction was fantastic, the next one with the actor who played Jenks isn't as good. I just tend to skip all of the puzzle games he plays and only dip into the DbD/Trucking/ etc etc.

Ultimate Limmy highlights list

Life Is Strange
Contradiction
3-2-1
Five Dates
Any Days Gone / Death Stranding type game
The deconstruction of Steve Walsh's cover of I Found Love