Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:52:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Halo Infinite (Multiplayer available Today)

Started by brat-sampson, November 15, 2021, 07:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brat-sampson

Didn't see a thread. After a troubled reveal last year, the game was pushed back 12 months and now the campaign for this is due to release in less than a month. I haven't played a Halo game since 3, but I'll definitely give this a run thanks to Game Pass. Recent footage has it looking a lot better than a year ago, and it seems like they're making strong moves this time around.

I specify the campaign, because the multiplayer has dropped today as a bonus surprise to celebrate 20 years of Green Team consoles. It's free to play on Xbox One, Series S/X and PC including Steam. I'm downloading now.

bgmnts

I am wanting to download this mostly to play the first one but that download size with my potato internet means it could take a week to download and i dont know what to get rid of to make space for that beast.

brat-sampson

You must be thinking of the Master Chief Collection. I don't know if you can just download the client then get whichever games you want separately or not.

This is the brand NEW one, the Multiplayer for which is a separate Free to Play thing and is about 25 gig.

bgmnts

Oh right fuck, thought this was the same thing.

Hope you dont need to have played 4 or 5 to play this.

Oh it's still a big beast at 50gb but that seems par for course. Might be worth a go considering on game pass.

JamesTC

Quote from: bgmnts on November 15, 2021, 07:26:48 PM

Hope you dont need to have played 4 or 5 to play this.

It will probably pick up a few story beats but will be accessible to newcomers. Halo 5 had a slight and rather reviled story, so they will be ignoring that for the most part, you'd expect.

Chollis

Oooh, nice! Downloading now. Been playing Halo 3 multiplayer recently to get myself warmed up for Infinite.

According to Steam this is still the Beta that's been made available, I'm assuming that means it'll have limited maps/modes until the official release date? Didn't play the beta when it was available earlier this year.

brat-sampson

Yeah, it's a new iteration of the beta, but it'll roll right into the release and carry over all progress etc. It says 50 gb for some reason but it's really about half that.

I don't know how big the campaign will be.

oggyraiding

Lots of fun, but the battle pass seems to be bollocks. I'm completing the various challenges and my rank is barely going up. And even if it was, I'd have to pay around £20 to acquire the stuff I've unlocked on the battle pass. Even CoD is less stingy with its battle pass progression.

Barry Admin

Can't even play the beta cause no Game Pass. How does the grapple feel? Halo movement is too clunky for me, but I'm hoping they have good advanced grapple mechanics like Apex and Titanfall.

JamesTC

I imagine that the XP system needs tweaking.

Quote from: Barry Admin on November 16, 2021, 04:38:22 PM
Can't even play the beta cause no Game Pass.

It is free! No Game Pass needed. It is the campaign that requires the Game Pass.

Chollis

Really enjoying this, already much better than 4 and 5. Playing with a few friends the last two evenings and having a blast. The human weapons like Assault Rifle, DMR and Pistol all feel fresh and reasonably balanced, and the sound and feel of the Battle Rifle is gorgeous. Still trying to work out what half the new weapons do. Mobility seems to have really increased with the baseline sprinting and climbing, and the power-ups of grapplehook and dodge-thingy. Loads of nice little visuals and noises during a game to get those mini dopamine hits, and the British AI bloke that calls out stuff sounds like Keir Starmer when he says certain phrases which is a laugh.

pk1yen

I was worried in my first handful of games that I'd become completely shit at Halo in the intervening years, but I'm slowly learning the new ropes and not doing so badly.

Disappointed at the lack of Swat mode so far - that's the one I play the most. And I wish they'd bring back Dominion mode from Halo 4.

I'm still not used to the die-respawn-die-respawn-die-respawn arcade multiplayer though, after only playing Dead by Daylight/Fortnite/3-stock-Smash for a year or so. I keep just throwing myself into firefights endlessly due to the feeling of infinite lives, rather than playing tactically.

evilcommiedictator

Grenades AND Items, jesus christ, and having to remember what each gun does again