Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:33:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Disgusting things you gone and ate

Started by GoblinAhFuckScary, November 16, 2021, 01:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

A couple of years ago I visited a mate and we went to the pub but missed a chance to eat so ended up having to go to a garage and I chose a rustlers and someone else chose a ginsters then went back to theirs and microwaved them. For weeks the host wouldn't shut up about how it stunk out the microwave and it still smells when they use it.

Sounds a bit overly precious to me. I'm glad I drew a big cock and balls towards the back of the notebook in their kitchen when they weren't looking.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 16, 2021, 04:19:36 PM
A couple of years ago I visited a mate and we went to the pub but missed a chance to eat so ended up having to go to a garage and I chose a rustlers and someone else chose a ginsters then went back to theirs and microwaved them. For weeks the host wouldn't shut up about how it stunk out the microwave and it still smells when they use it.

Sounds a bit overly precious to me. I'm glad I drew a big cock and balls towards the back of the notebook in their kitchen when they weren't looking.

someone needs to remember that microwaves should be cleaned too

Liberosis

I ate ants eggs in a salad in Thailand once,just like cold rice and only tasted of the dressing they put over it.

Johnny Foreigner

I have had balut, which is an aborted duck embryo. As you bite through the foetus, you can clearly notice the difference in texture between the bits that were to become cartilage and the developing softer tissues. Some Philippinian friends offered me this delicacy, and I deemed it impolite to refuse. I had a second helping, too.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Natnar on November 16, 2021, 03:10:48 PM
Why is that disgusting though? The Burger itself is already cooked so it's only like eating a meat sandwich.
Waa it frozen? If it's melted it's no weirder than my mum who'd cook sausages to make cold sausage sandwiches (no sniggering).

ElTwopo

Quote from: shiftwork2 on November 16, 2021, 10:56:35 AM
In an old thread some poster admitted to eating an unmicrowaved Rustlers burger straight out of the packet.   That's impressive depravity. In fact I'd have his floorboards up to check who he had in there.

That was me in the Appalling Breakfasts thread:

Quote from: ElTopo on January 30, 2013, 11:35:53 PM
A Rustlers BBQ Rib sandwich.

Which is pretty bad in itself, but I ate it straight out of the packet without even heating it up. If I ever need to vomit, I just think of that morning.

Twit 2

Continuing on the burger theme, when I was about 20 I got a burger from the van outside The Waterfront in Norwich, dropped it on the floor in the dark and then, quite drunk, 5 second-ruled into my gob, spitting gravel and grit out between mouthfuls.

QDRPHNC

I'm going to assume drinking KFC gravy is table stakes for this type of conversation and everyone has done it and is fine, right?

Video Game Fan 2000

I once saw someone do something inhumane with school dinner gravy then drink it I was going to recount for you all but I got a dangerous gag on typing it, complete with jaw quiver, so you'll have to use your imaginations.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: QDRPHNC on November 16, 2021, 08:17:49 PM
I'm going to assume drinking KFC gravy is table stakes for this type of conversation and everyone has done it and is fine, right?

If you do refried beans in the pressure cooker you need to drain them as it doesn't reduce but I tend to drink it because it tastes a bit like minestrone soup.

dissolute ocelot

I've drunk soy sauce mixed with vinegar so I think you're safe.

Cuntbeaks

KFC gravy

You can feel the days being stripped from your life expectancy as you scarf this down. Profoundly beautiful and horrifying in equal measures.

Not madly adventurous when it comes to foul scran ideas, but after a heavy session making super noodles with a chicken cup-a-soup seemed like a great idea. Then I vomited it all back up into the sink and went to bed without cleaning it, came back down the next morning to a congealed orangey custard that smelled like shit.

jobotic

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 16, 2021, 10:34:03 AM
You don't get onion powder in oxo.

I knew someone would say pickled eggs. WRONG. They're lovely.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on November 16, 2021, 08:25:40 PM
I've drunk soy sauce mixed with vinegar so I think you're safe.

that sounds like the sort of shit a Chinese takeaway in Edinburgh would pull and everyone would lie to themselves that it's brilliant.

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: jobotic on November 16, 2021, 10:19:32 PM
I knew someone would say pickled eggs. WRONG. They're lovely.

I love a pickled chicken egg or three.
In August, I was gifted an unexpected two-and-a-half-dozen blue duck eggs. Ate half fresh, pickled half.
Pickled duck eggs are an acquired taste. I hope. Three down, 12 to go - there's a very slight Jeyes Fluid-y ming to them easily banished with a touch of sauce or dressing, but just one causes my poor tract to rumble so ominously that nearby Yoruba make offerings to Oya, abandon their homes and head for the higher ground.

Catalogue Trousers

Many years ago. Young CT is engaged in an all-nighter session of Cyberpunk 2020 (RPG, not this new-fangled computer game shit) with his friends. Said friends decide that food is needed and order in a gigantic generic Chinese takeaway banquet. There are six or so of us in all. Enough food turns up for twice that number. Everyone else is sated but I'm a greedy bugger, so I keep on.

One friend looks at me thoughtfully. Offers me 20 quid if I eat everything that's left. Remembering my between-jobs poverty, I agree, after asking everyone else if they don't fancy saving some for their breakfasts. They all demur, and I resume eating. It becomes not just about the money, but a point of perverse personal pride. I feel like Paul Newman scarfing down those boiled eggs in Cool Hand Luke.

So far, so gannet. But there's an issue. I do not like sweet and sour sauce. Never have. There's a big styrofoam cup of it still about two-thirds full with everything else finished.

My friend is impressed by my gluttony, but a sadist. The 20 is mine, he says, IF I finish the sauce as well.

I resolve to down it in one and keep the agony short. The best part of a pint of glutinous, bright orange swill with chunks of pineapple in it slimes down my gullet like something out of an early chapter of a Shaun Hutson novel. The stuff is still steaming, and it reeks in a way that can only be described as wrong.

Somehow, I keep it down. The 20 is handed over and I think that I even got a round of applause before gaming resumed. But my gut told me that, enough food not to have to eat for the next 3 days in me and enough beer/fags money to keep me going for at least as long, it was a Pyrrhic victory. Bleeeuuuggghh.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on November 17, 2021, 12:24:35 AM
Many years ago. Young CT is engaged in an all-nighter session of Cyberpunk 2020 (RPG, not this new-fangled computer game shit) with his friends. Said friends decide that food is needed and order in a gigantic generic Chinese takeaway banquet. There are six or so of us in all. Enough food turns up for twice that number. Everyone else is sated but I'm a greedy bugger, so I keep on.

One friend looks at me thoughtfully. Offers me 20 quid if I eat everything that's left. Remembering my between-jobs poverty, I agree, after asking everyone else if they don't fancy saving some for their breakfasts. They all demur, and I resume eating. It becomes not just about the money, but a point of perverse personal pride. I feel like Paul Newman scarfing down those boiled eggs in Cool Hand Luke.

So far, so gannet. But there's an issue. I do not like sweet and sour sauce. Never have. There's a big styrofoam cup of it still about two-thirds full with everything else finished.

My friend is impressed by my gluttony, but a sadist. The 20 is mine, he says, IF I finish the sauce as well.

I resolve to down it in one and keep the agony short. The best part of a pint of glutinous, bright orange swill with chunks of pineapple in it slimes down my gullet like something out of an early chapter of a Shaun Hutson novel. The stuff is still steaming, and it reeks in a way that can only be described as wrong.

Somehow, I keep it down. The 20 is handed over and I think that I even got a round of applause before gaming resumed. But my gut told me that, enough food not to have to eat for the next 3 days in me and enough beer/fags money to keep me going for at least as long, it was a Pyrrhic victory. Bleeeuuuggghh.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I don't have much tolerance for extremely disgusting food I don't think. The closest I can think of is back in uni where I had a packet of chorizo slices from Sainsbury's that I never bothered to put in the fridge, and continued to make sandwiches with about a week after purchasing it. I also used to eat margarine straight out of the tub when I was a kid.

Sebastian Cobb

I had chicken kiev sandwiches for tea last week. Was knackered and just couldn't be arsed.

Chicken kievs are great, even the grubby reconstituted ones, I just feel I didn't really give them justice.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 17, 2021, 01:40:29 AM
I had chicken kiev sandwiches for tea last week. Was knackered and just couldn't be arsed.

Chicken kievs are great, even the grubby reconstituted ones, I just feel I didn't really give them justice.
Honestly, I know this isn't exactly 0 efffort but frying a chicken breast in breadcrumbs from a box and pouring on garlic+butter nuked in the microwave is def better and takes less time.

Sebastian Cobb

nah the whole point is it comes from inside the chicken

I rarely cook breasts but baked thighs and rice and a sauce is pretty common, quite often I'll just use bottled hot sauce or whip up a chinese-style curry sauce or kebab shop sauce, it never really occured to me to make a garlic sauce to chuck over it, will give that a go.

Cold Meat Platter

Just nuke butter+ a crushed clove or two of garlic+ some parsley+ salt + pepper in a teacup for 30 secs or so

Sebastian Cobb

Yeah i'll give it a bash, i'm no stranger to making buttery sauces in the microwave, do it when making potato wedges all the time.

Cold Meat Platter

If you want the true kiev experience do the chicken in the oven and dribble the garlic butter in the little lip around the outside of the oven tray before serving.

Brian Freeze

To get back on track for the original point of this thread - ate maggots in a biology class for money.

At a pound a maggot I made the princely sum of two quid.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Brian Freeze on November 17, 2021, 03:45:28 AM
To get back on track for the original point of this thread - ate maggots in a biology class for money.

At a pound a maggot I made the princely sum of two quid.

ever do this with tequila? used to have them at a bar nearby. i have PAID to eat the maggöt

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I knew someone who would regularly put a maggot in their mouth

Yes, it was my ex- girlfriend !!!!!! 😂🤣😁😃😄😅😆☻

Has anyone else done the " eating deep- fried insects"  thing while in Vietnam? They're just quite crunchy and don't taste much of anything. Far more disconcerting would be seeing the rats scurrying across the floor or huge fuck- off cockroaches wandering across the table while one sat at the outside cafe eating one's frog stew, or whatever. In the end, you just get used to it.

The people of Poland like a nice bit of salo. Nothing to do with that naughty Pasolini film, but a small dish of what is basically lard with some fatty bacon bits in that you can dip a bit of bread into and consume with your pint at the local tavern.

I once bought what looked like an innocuous tin of tuna whilst living in Moscow. Upon opening, it turned out to be that fucking horrifying stuff with fucking TEETH in it. It was not consumed by mine self.

QDRPHNC

My kid bought and ate a bag of BBQ flavour grubs or maggots or whatever in Niagara Falls last week. Our local supermarket down the street also has a (very) small flavoured insect display.

Fr.Bigley

I once ate humble pie. It was absolutely disgusting.

Johnny Foreigner

That's actually umble pie, i.e. tripe in a pie. Never come across it, but I imagine it tastes like haggis.