Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:32:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

the water board

Started by Goldentony, November 16, 2021, 09:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldentony

just a quick one here,

so the water board tell me the amount of cash they want from me (ARREARS? ARREAS ARIAS AREAS?) will have it's court fees dropped if I agree to pay the original amount in full. This despite the fact im in their systems as single, sick and poor and cant imagine what that amount would look like in notes, the amount is beyond me,its dream money. The amount they want onthly for water anyway is too much.

They then say to that, i'm afraid if you go with installments (which I have to, im poor) the full amount must be paid.

Has anyone heard of anything mental like this? I know there's the other CAB and services but I like you wankers because nobody really has to use official language or report to a line manager. I have to talk with this cunts through a mediator where I prove im sad and poor enough for the installment plan I agree to and cannot fathom why they wouldnt listen to me on this other than it's a monopoly and there's a single water treatment company providing all the service and they dont have to. A part admission becomes a fucking court situation, Id have to choose a venue, all that intimidating shit. So I cant really dispute it any further I think.

ANYONE WITH EXPERIENCES LIKE THIS?

canadagoose

Quote from: Goldentony on November 16, 2021, 09:02:28 PM
just a quick one here,

so the water board tell me the amount of cash they want from me (ARREARS? ARREAS ARIAS AREAS?) will have it's court fees dropped if I agree to pay the original amount in full. This despite the fact im in their systems as single, sick and poor and cant imagine what that amount would look like in notes, the amount is beyond me,its dream money. The amount they want onthly for water anyway is too much.

They then say to that, i'm afraid if you go with installments (which I have to, im poor) the full amount must be paid.

Has anyone heard of anything mental like this? I know there's the other CAB and services but I like you wankers because nobody really has to use official language or report to a line manager. I have to talk with this cunts through a mediator where I prove im sad and poor enough for the installment plan I agree to and cannot fathom why they wouldnt listen to me on this other than it's a monopoly and there's a single water treatment company providing all the service and they dont have to. A part admission becomes a fucking court situation, Id have to choose a venue, all that intimidating shit. So I cant really dispute it any further I think.

ANYONE WITH EXPERIENCES LIKE THIS?
Not me, because the water bill is collected as part of the council tax up here. I've never had to deal with Scottish Water directly.

Goldentony

weird that Scotland would be better at something than England, did not see it coming

The Bumlord

I haven't paid for water in 4 years and they haven't contacted me. Every day spent looking over my shoulder for the water man and his accusing finger

Video Game Fan 2000

Used to live in a flat in properly beat up old building, as part of the renovation they'd managed to nail a plank of wood across the front of the electricity meters, which were in cubby holes to start with so the electricity company used to send us "estimated" bills that we were obliged to play, roughly triple the usual price. Apparently they were billing each of the three flats in the same section of the building for the total rather than dividing it three ways. An electrician came around and told me that, and when I asked why he couldn't remove the plank to read the fucking meter he told me he couldn't do anything that caused property damage

left the flat four months later due to a fucking leaky roof and they took us to court for the full amount and we had no choice but to pay. Madness. Here's me thinking a landlord nailing a plank of wood over electricity meters would be maximum 'ealth and safety illegality but no its fine, the real crime is wanting hot water in december so you can go to your shit job at the verbal abuse factory

flotemysost

Quote from: Utterdrivel on November 16, 2021, 09:41:52 PM
Every day spent looking over my shoulder for the water man

Going to see the water man
Going to (not) tell him all I can
About the plan
For jail time

When I lived on my own I found Thames Water's billing system pretty baffling and sporadic. Got a fairly grim bill in the first month, which looking back was probably footing the excesses of the previous tenant (I know I should have got a reading but the agency and landlord were utterly useless and wouldn't tell me where anything was).

Then OBVIOUSLY the taps fucking broke and wouldn't switch off, and it took a few days for the landlord to to fix it, so I spent the rest of my time there really quite anxious about the next bill and wondering how I'd prove that it wasn't my fault, as well as feeling wretched thinking about how many villages could have been provided with a clean water supply using the gallons that ended up needlessly wasted. But it was actually OK.

I'll probably get a retrospective court summons at some point though.

canadagoose

Quote from: Goldentony on November 16, 2021, 09:32:49 PM
weird that Scotland would be better at something than England, did not see it coming
To be fair, it's not all brilliant. They dump a load of sewage into the Water of Leith when it rains heavily because the sewerage system in EH6 is atrocious. I bet the fish love being covered in shite and baby wipes every month or whatever.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: canadagoose on November 16, 2021, 09:28:36 PM
I've never had to deal with Scottish Water directly.

I have, I wouldn't really say it's a rewarding experience.

Johnny Foreigner

There is oil floating on the Brunstane Burn and Musselburgh beach is no longer a bathing water. I counted over thirty rusty Tesco trolleys in the mouth of the River Esk at low tide, alongside the odd car tyre... Good to see my council tax is being spent responsibly.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Johnny Foreigner on November 16, 2021, 11:34:43 PM
There is oil floating on the Brunstane Burn and Musselburgh beach is no longer a bathing water. I counted over thirty rusty Tesco trolleys in the mouth of the River Esk at low tide, alongside the odd car tyre... Good to see my council tax is being spent responsibly.

There was a dead cow floating down the Clyde a couple of years ago, the authorities slung a rope around it and moored it up outside the BBC building at Pacific Quay until they could figure out how to get it out, dunno what they did in the end but it was there a good few days.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Just tell them absolutely not fuck off not on your nelly in a million Africas so take a long fucking fuck right off

Should do it I reckon.

Rev+

They're bullshitting you, but you already know that.  The mention of court fees is just a pressure tactic.

You genuinely can't afford what they're asking, so make them an offer of £1 a month as a goodwill gesture and say you'll update them if your circumstances change.  It might be worth completing a Standard Financial Statement to go along with that offer - I could help out with that but to be honest I'm very rusty, so Citizen's Advice would be a better bet.  If you make the offer and submit a statement there's absolutely no way they will take you to court, as all the court will do is call them arseholes for not accepting the offer and demand that they pay your court fees for being dicks.

It's worth remembering that water is considered a non-priority debt, and that it can't be cut off in residential properties for *any* reason, least of all payment.  The companies are absolute wanks but they're also very lazy.  They don't maintain the infrastructure and it's not like they invented lakes and clouds.

Goldentony

thanks Rev Plus, aye i've had a look at the CAB website, again, the other one, I must add, I really must add, and had a go at budgeting and its depressing. Very. It reminds me of being in the CAB with my dad as a kid not bein able to figure out what was happening or where we were and what for but obviusly because we were fucked. Amazing. TRADITION.

Anyway I had a go and got good info from it, cheers, it'll be useful over the blower with these dog fuckers

Rev+

Budgeting is absolutely miserable, but do stick to the SFS if you're asked to provide one.  There are only five categories and all of your expenditure slots into one category or other.  Fags and booze count as 'housekeeping' for instance.  If they ask you to break it down further tell them to fuck off and accept the common statement.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Goldentony on November 16, 2021, 09:32:49 PM

Plenty room man, join the party.

I thought this was a thread about what goes in Guantamo Bay.

Flatulent Fox

Grr.
Last week Glasgow council decided that I owe them £280 bucks council tax from 4 years ago and sent it straight to a debt collection agency.And they got their robot to phone me to give me the exciting news.Worst robot voice ever.

A bit of a shit surprise really.

seepage

I have to pay for not one but two Water bastards. Apparently one to supply the water, and the other to dump my sewage in the sea.

shoulders

It is a recognised form of torture

*Merton face to camera*