Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,395
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:11:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

👉 Forum update: read for latest info 👈

Started by Barry Admin, November 18, 2021, 10:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

It's impossible for people to catch the info from the other thread, so I'm going to lock this and bump it with an updated OP when I have info.

Currently, we're on a temporary theme; the one I spent most of today fucking about with has a huge issue for guests. So while I wait for the author to hopefully resolve the problem, you can enjoy this callback to the days of the Girlyman theme.

Quotes are working again, which was the most pressing issue.

Footnotes are not currently compatible with the forum software but should return in time.

Please bear with me as I sort out bugs and that over the next days.

Barry Admin

Still waiting to hear back about the theme.

CaB will likely be going into maintenance mode today, possibly twice. Hopefully just quick ten minute closures - I'll give a heads-up beforehand so you can be aware and hopefully you won't lose whatever you may be writing.

This could be a slightly bumpy day, please bear with me.

Barry Admin

Just a little bit more info to keep you up to date. I'm aiming to close the site for a little while around 3pm I think.

Quote from: Barry Admin on November 19, 2021, 01:07:42 PMJust to explain, I'm deliberately avoiding using a theme that is too popular. I don't mind this one at all, but I don't want you getting used to a placeholder theme and then being disappointed when it goes.

Still waiting for that guy to get back to me about his theme and I have stuff to do today which should get me to the point where I know basically what the site will look like.

So there's another couple of big updates today, and then hopefully that should give us some stability and a close-to-final look. Then I can think about an alternate theme (or themes) and look at accessibility issues etc. (Don't let me forget about that please.)

TBH tho a lot of the cosmetic stuff like avatars will be low priority for a while, but we'll get there.