Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:34:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New CaB Banner?

Started by QDRPHNC, November 20, 2021, 05:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: DJ Bob Hoskins on November 21, 2021, 10:51:15 PMI reckon the contents of that 'My Favourites' menu could be the key to solving this whole case.

If you scroll down a bit there's a channel category named "Scud" that Ron favours.

Ferris

Quote from: Better Midlands on November 21, 2021, 10:09:59 PM

How can you see beyond this? You could even square it up fairly easily without losing the impact of the piece.

Retinend

@QDRPHNC   - could you do several versions of this sexy banner but with other JPEGS replacing Cook and Morris? The classic CaB memes: waxwork rene, guilty Ron, shit-choc helicopter, "should've swapped the N for a B" and all the other classics. Then, if they are rotated, the effect will be more subtle.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Retinend on November 22, 2021, 08:52:42 AM@QDRPHNC   - could you do several versions of this sexy banner but with other JPEGS replacing Cook and Morris? The classic CaB memes: waxwork rene, guilty Ron, shit-choc helicopter, "should've swapped the N for a B" and all the other classics. Then, if they are rotated, the effect will be more subtle.

Quote from: QDRPHNC on November 21, 2021, 08:33:20 PMThis is what I managed to throw together. Maybe for special occasions? And if anyone has decent source images of old memes, please post them here. Waxwork Rene seems lost to time.

Johnny Yesno

The new favicon looks good, Q.

Edit: Oh, I guess bolding usernames is redundant now.

shiftwork2

New banner's the bollocks, well done to QDRPHNC.

Retinend

oops. I missed that post.

That's nice, although I think a rotating banner, with one meme theme per banner (rather than per letter), would be cooler.

greencalx

I agree. Especially if it can be configured so that the main one appears most of the time, with the meme-y ones (which could be offputting for those not in on the joke) appearing as occasional 'easter eggs'.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on November 22, 2021, 08:55:22 AMThe new favicon looks good, Q.

Edit: Oh, I guess bolding usernames is redundant now.

Cheers, would have liked to make it a bit more stylized like the header, but there was no space to get fancy. Does the trick though.

I'll see what I can do about creating a group of banners to rotate.

Dex Sawash

Did anyone else almost shit themselves the first time the banner loaded and looked at through you?

madhair60

Quote from: Dex Sawash on November 22, 2021, 01:43:17 PMDid anyone else almost shit themselves the first time the banner loaded and looked at through you?

No, but I had very recently shit myself and could not do so again.

dex

Kudos on the banner. Looks great!

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: greencalx on November 22, 2021, 09:53:16 AMI agree. Especially if it can be configured so that the main one appears most of the time, with the meme-y ones (which could be offputting for those not in on the joke) appearing as occasional 'easter eggs'.

Second.

Not entirely sure this is a warranted point or not, but I feel some sense of hesitancy for the idea bc it might like encourage people to force memes a bit? Ya know, to get them in the banner. Silly point I know

QDRPHNC

Dex Sawash

Dr Rock

Could you make the banner jump out of the screen, do a little dance, then wank me off?

Mavis Golightly

I've been a long-time lurker on this forum and I've only just plucked up the courage to join. I'm glad I have because I get the opportunity to say what a fantastic banner that is. It's bold, it's eye-catching, it's the business. Great work!

Dr Rock

Quote from: Mavis Golightly on November 22, 2021, 05:43:24 PMI've been a long-time lurker on this forum and I've only just plucked up the courage to join. I'm glad I have because I get the opportunity to say what a fantastic banner that is. It's bold, it's eye-catching, it's the business. Great work!

Hello! And may I praise you for your super choice of avatar.

Dr Rock

And that's surely that's a Vila quote underneath?

Mavis Golightly

Quote from: Dr Rock on November 22, 2021, 05:45:06 PMHello! And may I praise you for your super choice of avatar.

Well now, as the man himself would say. I seem to remember someone on here ages ago had the gif of Avon from Mission to Destiny, which I always thought was pretty cool.

And thanks, glad to be here.

Mavis Golightly

Quote from: Dr Rock on November 22, 2021, 05:46:19 PMAnd that's surely that's a Vila quote underneath?

Nah, that's Avon from 'Horizon'. "I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going."

I went to a B7 convention a couple of weeks after Paul Darrow passed, and we all said that quote in unison in his memory.

Ferris

Quote from: Mavis Golightly on November 22, 2021, 05:43:24 PMI've been a long-time lurker on this forum and I've only just plucked up the courage to join. I'm glad I have because I get the opportunity to say what a fantastic banner that is. It's bold, it's eye-catching, it's the business. Great work!

Hi and welcome.

Just so you know, I'm kind of the "funny" one and everyone gives me lots of respect and regularly tells me how great all my posts are and agrees with whatever I say, so if you wanted to fit in you could try that? Up to you.

QDRPHNC

Welcome, and thanks!

Rich Uncle Skeleton

can't believe barry didn't wait for my submission

canadagoose

In my usual daft state I was struggling to find the CaB tab in my browser earlier, then noticed the new favicon. It looks nice though!

Cloud

First time seeing it on desktop after being away for the weekend.  Strikes me how big it is after only seeing the mobile version, but that's not a complaint, just one of those "oh, huh" moments.  Love the style.

rue the polywhirl

Don't like a 50 year old Morris in the Banner. Can we have image of Bob-omb instead? Sorry to be ageist

Rev+

It's a lovely banner but the white sideways T has become the new FedEx arrow for me.  There's no unseeing it.

Lovely tribute to Marco Pierre White by featuring him in the new banner. <3