Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:54:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here 2021

Started by JesusAndYourBush, November 21, 2021, 09:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolf Lundgren

My tolerance for this show is unusually high but even I'm steering clear of this mess. The castle idea doesn't work and the perpetual dark and grey gives it a feel of a rubbish SAS Who Dares Wins. And although they all seem nice enough they're all dull people, Madeley being the only one capable of being entertaining.

JesusAndYourBush

The comment underneath about people wanting to see the sun is right.  The jungle was green and bright.  This is dingy and dreary to look at.

mothman

I doubt it'll affect the show's existence. At the end of the day it's still a prime-time offering and I doubt a slight dip in ratings will deter advertisers from buying space during its breaks. And even if it does m, some, then there will be others and the post-holidays series of Dancing On Ice and The Masked Singer will cover any shortfalls.

If it does continue to fall and especially if - worse - they find themselves required by circumstances to do a third year in Wales, hindsight may cause them to conclude it's a bad idea and weakens the brand, and they could well end up resting it a year.

Malcy

I wonder if they considered postponing it a bit and waiting to do a summer series.

mothman

I wouldn't be surprised if they had. But they probably decided the show was inextricably linked to this time of year. They may be regretting not doing so, now!

And besides Grwych Castle's high tourist season is bound to be the summer, so they'd need to find a UK venue where that isn't the case.

A series set in Fort Boyard, now...