Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:20:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021/2022: All Thread Everything

Started by madhair60, November 22, 2021, 08:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

New thread as the other one is at 100. I'll kick things off.

WWE! They're shit!

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on November 22, 2021, 09:48:38 AMThe Rock's not even busy, it was apparently #cheatmealsunday so he's just been at home eating. Don't blame him for staying away from WWE right now. Such a power move to have a battle royal named after you, but just make Vince hold an egg that was sent by your press team.

Oh God, they weren't doing some sort of Gobbedly Gooker tribute, were they? If they did, I may actually watch it.

Ja'moke

Deanjam

It was a golden egg that was allegedly worth a hundred million that was stolen. The smackdown roster has to be at raw tonight as there's gonna be a show long investigation by Vince.

Seriously.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Deanjam on November 22, 2021, 11:00:39 AMIt was a golden egg that was allegedly worth a hundred million that was stolen. The smackdown roster has to be at raw tonight as there's gonna be a show long investigation by Vince.

Seriously.

The fuck.

Maybe he releases one wrestler every 5 minutes until the culprit confesses.

Quote from: Deanjam on November 22, 2021, 11:00:39 AMIt was a golden egg that was allegedly worth a hundred million that was stolen. The smackdown roster has to be at raw tonight as there's gonna be a show long investigation by Vince.

Seriously.

I should hope it's being taken seriously, an egg worth a hundred million being pinched is a scandal which could lead to the downfall of the WWE!

I have decided where WWE is concerned to go full kayfabe.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Wentworth Smith on November 22, 2021, 01:14:37 PMI have decided where WWE is concerned to go full kayfabe.

You mean they made all those budget cuts so they could buy a big egg? Fuck Vince!

Gurke and Hare

I went to the Rev Pro York Hall show last night (quality show, who doesn't like a top rope destroyer through a table?) and I thought Gideon Grey going over clean was bad booking, but then I saw the last four in the men's elimination last night and fucking hell.

Ja'moke

A cool little behind the scenes video from AEW about the making of Hangman's Full Gear entrance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLHTkw-GX2E

Gurke and Hare

Battle Royals where there's nothing actually on offer for the winner should be banned.

Mobius

Deanjam

Quote from: Mobius on November 23, 2021, 02:18:36 AMFan tried to kick Seth's arse on Raw

https://twitter.com/visionembracer/status/1462965911141421057?s=21

edit - another vid/angle here https://twitter.com/darnellbabyfce/status/1462979018555285505

The second one shows it better. Seth did well to just get that front head lock onto him and hold him down until help arrived. Prick could've had a knife or something.

BeardFaceMan

Never understand people's motivations to do that, how stupid do you have to be? It's odd though, if it wasn't for that fact that someone was arrested, I would have said it was a work. From where the guy came from (where did he come from, it wasn't the crowd, was it?), the guy didn't try and throw any punches, he just took Seth down and pulled on his hair, Seth and none of the refs hit him either and if you've ever seen any footage of a fan getting involved they always get a smack, the whole thing just looked staged. But then these whole situations are odd, if you know enough about pro wrestling to buy a ticket and go to a show, why on earth would you try and get in a fight with a wrestler? Crazy.

But never mind all that, let's get to the important stuff - whole stole the egg?

Spode

'Were Pterodactyls around in Cleopatra times?' - Dave Meltzer on eggs.

Old Thrashbarg

Mobius

Quote from: Spode on November 23, 2021, 04:56:11 PM'Were Pterodactyls around in Cleopatra times?' - Dave Meltzer on eggs.

Did Cleopatra have chickens?

Gurke and Hare

The resolution to the egg thing was even more fucking shit and stupid than anyone imagined it would be.

Is Vince's character supposed to be George Steinbrenner in Seinfeld?

Custard

Chavo being a knob about the Rollins attack, then getting 500 replies saying how stupid he is
https://twitter.com/mexwarrior/status/1462996255911591938?s=20

Johnny Gargano's WWE contract expired yesterday, but he's signed a one week extension in order to finish off his current storyline at War Games.

He's apparently open to talks with WWE to re-sign for longer, but you suspect if it were going to happen, it would have happened by now.

Custard

Apparently they made him quite a large offer too. Maybe they've finally noticed they won't have any wrestlers left soon

In other news, Steph is saying her and Trips' eldest daughter, who's 15, has started wrestling training. So I don't think the Levesques/McMahons are going anywhere for a while!

tbf he's a much better and more accomplished trainer than most of the slobs they have churning out hopeless cases in the Performance Centre. Of all the veterans in NXT, he's the one I'd want to actually keep in the player/coach role

Ja'moke

Before AEW was a thing, the Bucks were asked their top five wrestlers they'd build a hypothetical promotion around. They listed Gargano in their five.

Pretty sure he's AEW bound and will debut at Winter Is Coming, which is the week after his contract expires.

Mobius

Gurke and Hare

Mobius

Ja'moke

Mobius

incredible 20 minutes of mic work, holy shit some fantastic lines in there delivered perfectly 

Ja'moke

Sadly it was followed by a too long QT match and now we're probably about to see Gunn Club beat Bear Country.

I guess they know ratings will be garbage because of Thanksgiving so they packed the MJF and Punk segment at the start.