Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,357
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:41:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021/2022: All Thread Everything

Started by madhair60, November 22, 2021, 08:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

Deanjam

Women's title match was fine, but never really got going for me, eespecially compared to what came before.

Ja'moke

Solid enough match but yeah, hard to follow what came before.

Deanjam

Oh god, Jim Ross. And I was enjoying the commentary. Hopefully it's just this one match.

Ja'moke

Another dope match. Imagine thinking OC can't wrestle.

Deanjam

Tremendous match. Considering how obvious it was who was winning, they did a great job making it seem OC could win. It's a shame Ospraey is such a nob as he's an outstanding wrestler.

Ja'moke

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on June 27, 2022, 03:14:36 AMShibata!

"No one in America knows who these Japanese guys are!"

Chicago goes ape-ship for a guy who retired five years ago.

Ja'moke

Deanjam

I had Claudio spoiled for me by Dave fucking Meltzer earlier, but nice to see him. Blackpool Combat Club is the best unit ever.

Deanjam

Another enjoyable match. Hope we get Danielson/Zabre at some point.

Ja'moke

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on June 27, 2022, 03:39:51 AMZSJ's transitions are so smooth.

I imagine it's how it would be fighting an octopus.

Deanjam

Ja'moke

That was great until the fuck up at the end. Not sure what happened. Was Cole meant to get hit by that last Rainmaker?

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on June 27, 2022, 04:12:56 AMThat was great until the fuck up at the end. Not sure what happened. Was Cole meant to get hit by that last Rainmaker?

It made no sense. He hit Okada with his finisher and then pinned Cole who hadn't been hit with anything. I blame Gedo.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Deanjam on June 27, 2022, 04:15:20 AMIt made no sense. He hit Okada with his finisher and then pinned Cole who hadn't been hit with anything. I blame Gedo.

Either Cole wasn't meant to duck the Rainmaker or his shoulder was totally fucked and he was meant to kick out and couldn't physically get his shoulder up.

Cole's patched up shoulder gave out so they went straight to the finish, no?

It was so flat I was half expecting them to be sending Kenny out to face off with Jay White before I realised what was happening

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on June 27, 2022, 04:18:48 AMEither Cole wasn't meant to duck the Rainmaker or his shoulder was totally fucked and he was meant to kick out and couldn't physically get his shoulder up.

Yeah, a Cole injury seems to have knackered the finish. I still blame Gedo.

Deanjam

I'm enjoying the duelling introductions between the announcers.

Pacing on this show has been great, it's really felt like it's flown by. Much better than the last few regular AEW PPVs

Deanjam

Crowd distraction there was a couple of fans fighting with security guards.

Deanjam

Moxley is bleeding and Tanahashi is killing his knees. All is good in the world.

Deanjam

Quote from: Stone Cold Steve Austin on June 27, 2022, 04:24:22 AMPacing on this show has been great, it's really felt like it's flown by. Much better than the last few regular AEW PPVs

I haven't dipped in interest once.

Deanjam

Tanahashi has turned Chicago against Moxley. Best babyface of his generation.

Ja'moke

Great main event. Mox has been on a tear this year.

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on June 27, 2022, 04:40:34 AMGreat main event. Mox has been on a tear this year.

Hard to remember how this guy was Dean Ambrose. A great show. Best I've seen in a long time. I would recommend watching every match. Even the pre-show.

Deanjam

Jericho for a third time? Worst show ever.

Ja'moke

Yeah one of my fave ppvs. Only let down by the clunky ending to the IWGP title match and maybe didn't need the ending brawl.

But those are minor complaints for what was otherwise a fantastic show.