Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:44:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021/2022: All Thread Everything

Started by madhair60, November 22, 2021, 08:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanjam

BeardFaceMan

Isn't his contract up soon? Might explain why they're trying to make him look like dogshit. Not that it ever works, if he went elsewhere he'd be more than ok.

Ja'moke

Lot of wrestling going on tonight.

TripleMania, GCW: So Alive, NWA Hard Times 2, DDT Grand Prix.

Looking forward to the five-way Mega title match at TripleMania and Thunder Rosa v Allie Katch at GCW.

Ja'moke

Gurke and Hare

Ja'moke

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on December 05, 2021, 12:46:46 PMWhat was Vickie doing there with them?

It was said a while back that Tully couldn't travel, so Vickie was going to be managing them in Mexico. I guess just another way to get heat.

Also, something I never expected... how over Bobby Fish was in Mexico!

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Custard on December 06, 2021, 09:27:12 AMSounds like Jeff Hardy was sent home (again)
https://www.sescoops.com/2021/12/jeff-hardy-sent-home/

Obviously worrying given his history, but by the looks of the footage, he just seems a bit too beaten up and leaves the match early.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on December 06, 2021, 10:25:58 AMObviously worrying given his history, but by the looks of the footage, he just seems a bit too beaten up and leaves the match early.

It's him going into the crowd that's the worrying part, that's the bit that says he wasn't himself, either a concussion or he's been dabbling again. Never seen a wrestler leave a match like that before, security were obviously concerned too. I'd prefer him being beat up to the other option but with Jeff, who knows?

Ja'moke

KOR is definitely gone. Unsure on Gargano, seems he's going to take time off regardless and weigh up his options.

Deanjam

Lowest Raw 18-49 ever recorded. Third hour fell off a cliff apparently. So much for the much hyped Becky-Liv match.

Deanjam

A breakdown from Meltzer for anyone who still cares.

QuoteDue to monster competition from the New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills NFL game, Raw on Monday set its all-time record low with a 0.35 rating in 18-49, breaking the old record of 0.39 set on October 18.

It was noteworthy because, like SmackDown and Rampage on Friday, the show had a huge drop in 18-34, although with those shows it was men, while Raw was down with men but collapsed with women.

It was back to the usual pattern with more people watching hour one. The three-hour drop of 10 percent was not major itself, and due to the over 50 audience, the show's largest by far, being well above usual levels, the total audience of 1.60 million viewers was the ninth lowest in history.

The football game did 14.91 million viewers and a 4.49 in 18-49 between airings on both ESPN and ESPN2.

Raw was eighth in 18-49, trailing six NFL-related shows on ESPN and Below Deck on Bravo. The women's audience in 18-49 being at record low saw the show only finish 13th in women 18-49. It was seventh in men 18-49, trailing only shows on ESPN. It was eighth in 18-34, 10th in women 12-34, and eighth in men 12-34.

Below Deck on Bravo did 1.22 million viewers and a 0.40 in 18-49, the first time in a long time that an entertainment show on Monday has beaten Raw.

Raw finished 19th for the night in total viewers, behind only NFL-related programming on ESPN, news programming on Fox News, and Rachel Maddow on MSNBC.

The 10 percent first-to-third hour drop in total viewers was normal levels. For 18-49, the first hour did a 0.38, the second hour did a 0.35, and a third hour did a 0.33.

As far as the keys to the drop, from hour one to three, women 18-49 dropped 21 percent, men 18-49 dropped eight percent, teenage girls dropped 45 percent, teenage boys dropped 38 percent, and over 50 dropped 10 percent.

The big drops with younger viewers in a third hour built around a Becky Lynch vs. Liv Morgan Raw Women's Championship match tells a story that a lot of people will be very upset about, especially as the culmination of a several week-long program.

Another factor is the Vince McMahon back on the show increase was gone after two weeks.

Raw was down five percent in viewers, 22 percent in 18-49, and 31 percent in 18-34 from last week. The key is the rise in over 50 viewers.

As compared to the same week last year, the show was down eight percent in viewers, 30 percent in 18-49 and 38 percent in 18-34.

As compared to last week, women 18-34 were down 49 percent and women 35-49 were down 24 percent.

This all came on a night when television viewing was extremely high, not low.

Raw's three hours were:

8 p.m. 1.67 million viewers
    9 p.m. 1.64 million viewers
    10 p.m. 1.49 million viewers

Heel Becky is fucking death. Combine that with Liv obviously not going to win and why would anyone want to watch that?

In better news, Nick Aldis and Doug Williams have reunited in NWA.

Gurke and Hare

PowerButchi

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on December 08, 2021, 10:31:01 PMHeel Becky is fucking death. Combine that with Liv obviously not going to win and why would anyone want to watch that?

In better news, Nick Aldis and Doug Williams have reunited in NWA.

Lovely to see Doug back in the public eye, he's probably the very best person in wrestling I've ever met. An absolute gentleman.

Mobius

Really good Dynamite. I love how they just embraced MJF being over in his home town. Punk was having a lot of fun doing a heel promo.

Hayter Vs Riho was awesome, that brainbuster was nasty.

Ja'moke

I will always pop for Trent/Sue returns.

Hayter v Riho deserved better from the crowd; that match slapped!

MJF being the hometown hero was very funny.

Old Thrashbarg

Is Dante's confusion over who to align with building up to Top Flight being back together with Darius's return? Feels like the natural resolution to the story with them then pushing for the tag titles.

Ja'moke

Fightful reporting that WWE has released Jeff Hardy.

"I've heard WWE offered Jeff Hardy help and rehab, and it was not accepted. Here's to hoping things get better for him."

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1468970352294252546?s=20

up_the_hampipe

Isn't that the exact same reason he's been released in the past? Man, I hope Hardy one day gets clean and stays clean.

Ja'moke

Pretty much. Reminds me of Kurt Angle back in the day, just refused to get help.

In other news, Hook taped his debut match for Rampage last night and he has Action Bronson for his entrance music!

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on December 09, 2021, 03:45:00 PMFightful reporting that WWE has released Jeff Hardy.

"I've heard WWE offered Jeff Hardy help and rehab, and it was not accepted. Here's to hoping things get better for him."

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1468970352294252546?s=20

Hope he can get it together one day. I know very little of addiction, but listening to addicts it seems to be something they never really shake off completely. It's just a day to day thing.

Really no other promotion should touch him unless he agrees to go to rehab. But this is wrestling, so ...

BeardFaceMan

Jey Uso very thankful for his surname right about now.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on December 09, 2021, 04:03:17 PMIn other news, Hook taped his debut match for Rampage last night and he has Action Bronson for his entrance music!

Which song?

Ja'moke

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on December 09, 2021, 05:32:05 PMThe Chairman's Intent

Wow! That's big push music. Would be great if it played throughout his matches like Natural Born Killaz.

Ja'moke

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on December 09, 2021, 05:39:19 PMWow! That's big push music. Would be great if it played throughout his matches like Natural Born Killaz.

I've seen a fan video of his entrance. Has the same swagger as his dad back in his prime.

He apparently looked smooth in the ring too.

Hook could have some good crossover appeal with his style and good looks.

Gurke and Hare

Hook is such a great story. I can't believe I'm contemplating staying up until 3/4am to watch some kid's debut in what's probably a 5 minute match,

BeardFaceMan

Fozyy have cancelled a couple of gigs on their UK tour now, apparently Jericho is in the hospital, hope he's doing ok.