Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,350
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:40:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is Die Hard a Christmas film?

Started by madhair60, November 24, 2021, 11:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

Replies From View

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on November 25, 2021, 12:29:09 PMThey actually burned off half of Aaron Eckhart's face for the film. Everything he's appeared in since has had to replace the burned half with CGI.

It was actually exceptionally difficult to decipher what he was saying with only half the lips needed for him to sufficiently form his words.

Replies From View

In Robocop it was actually "airhead" that was the original one and they replaced it with "asshole" to make a special adult version of the movie.

They ran out of money for Robocop 2 and 3 which is why they never got around to making adult versions of them.

idunnosomename

Actually, RoboCop 2 is the name of the robot that gets Cain's brain put into it, not a regular ordinal sequel title

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 25, 2021, 10:59:25 AMAll those Guardian style columns saying "actually (terrible film) is AMAZING and anyone who didn't like it should be PUT IN PRISON"

The Guardian was central to the "Love Actually is offensive, actually" campaign. Then when they realised that's what most of its readers thought, a new shareable think piece appeared two Christmases ago, saying: "Love Actually is great, not bad, like YOU think aaahhhh."

dissolute ocelot

The Bourne films used to attract a lot of wankers, both the "at last a proper intelligent action movie" crowd and the "shakycam has ruined everything" zzzzzers. Now everyone is trying to tell you how Mission Impossible is the action franchise it's OK to like.

The Universal Soldier series is not "a masterpiece of termite art", despite what the AV Club critics seem to say.

People going on about wrestlers becoming actors as if it's the end of the universe or even in some way novel, despite the fact that without wrestlers-turned-actors we wouldn't have The Princess Bride, They Live, Predator, Kes, or Suburban Commando.

mothman

You know they filmed Three Men And A Baby in an apartment where a boy died and in one scene you can see his ghost.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Idris Elba has to be the next James Bond.

JesusAndYourBush

A few years ago it was...

Robbie Williams has to be the next James Bond.

(Despite him having no acting experience but he wore a suit and looked very James Bondy in that one music video).

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on November 25, 2021, 06:34:50 PMIdris Elba has to be the next James Bond.

What they should do for the next James Bond film is, not have James Bond in it all. All shot from his POV like a video game. Think of the money saved on casting.

As long as there's a cameo from 4ft Odd Job.

Johnny Textface

I actually think Alien 3 is the best one.

JamesTC

I actually think Die Hard 3 is the best one.

I actually think The Madness of King George III is the best one.

JamesTC

The best Star Trek film is Galaxy Quest.

Jerzy Bondov

Have you seen this theory that all the Pixar films are set in the same universe? It is interesting

idunnosomename

have you ever watched The Wizard of Oz with Dark Side of the Moon playing? oh i suppose no one's thought about that for decades so it's actually pretty cutting edge now to bring it up

mothman

You know that Koyaanisqatsi lines up perfectly with The Flaming Lips' At War With The Mystics if you start the album at the third track 17 minutes and 34 seconds into the film.

beanheadmcginty

Modern family films are so tame compared to the 80s. You'd never get a blowjob ghost in a PG these days.

Replies From View

Fambo Number Mive

Adam Sandler should be the new James Bond, with Rob Schinder as the villain. Owen Wilson as Q and Vince Vaughn as M. Bond has iron underpants as one of his gadgets and instead of drinking a martini he drinks Coors beer. There should be a couple of toilet jokes in the film as well.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 26, 2021, 08:39:53 AMAdam Sandler should be the new James Bond, with Rob Schinder as the villain. Owen Wilson as Q and Vince Vaughn as M. Bond has iron underpants as one of his gadgets and instead of drinking a martini he drinks Coors beer. There should be a couple of toilet jokes in the film as well.
James Bond is definitely prime film for the bores. Bond should be a woman. He should be more sexist. He definitely shouldn't cry.

Rose killed Jack in Titanic: there was plenty of space on her plank. Anyone going on about how awful Titanic is; it's well-made Hollywood nonsense. (Apologies to 90s Lee and Herring.) (There is a fan theory that Jack is a time traveller from the future. STFU.)

There are also a million stupid fan theories about how characters in movies don't exist (Ferris Bueller, Black Swan, Sixth Sense, Ghostbusters 2...) Of course they don't exist, it's a movie!

Likewise there are a zillion theories that specific films are just characters' dreams as they're dying (everything from Grease to Interstellar). You can literally apply this to every film ever made. Of course it's not real, it's...

Christ yeah. I hate that kind of nonsense. Just a load of guff that some nerd has imagined and parades around like it's really clever. Usually, it doesn't stand up to a moment's scrutiny, to which the nerd will get all defensive.

There's a whole category for it on TV Tropes. Any time I make the mistake of looking at it, I am filled with seething contempt.

phantom_power

On the flip side of this, I get annoyed when people say that a certain gun wouldn't do a certain thing, or a certain car has some modification that it wouldn't have or is in a film set prior to when the car was made. The film is already set in an alternate universe where these characters exist, so why not one where those other things are also true. Some people seem to get genuinely angry that the geography of a city is different in a film than real life

JamesTC

A car wouldn't actually blow up if you shoot the gas tank.

Replies From View

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on November 26, 2021, 10:57:19 AMChrist yeah. I hate that kind of nonsense. Just a load of guff that some nerd has imagined and parades around like it's really clever. Usually, it doesn't stand up to a moment's scrutiny, to which the nerd will get all defensive.

There's a whole category for it on TV Tropes. Any time I make the mistake of looking at it, I am filled with seething contempt.

You are just jealous of the owner of tv tropes because he is so wealthy and you will never think of the same amount of tv tropes as him

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on November 24, 2021, 12:57:36 PMFor fuck sake madhair it's only November!!!!! I SWEAR CHRIST MAS IS GETTING EARLIER AND EARLIER EVERY YEAR!!!!!

BOOM TWO BORING TAKES ON CHRISTMAS IN ONE THREAD

Calm down Digital Age Dino

notjosh

Quote from: mothman on November 25, 2021, 09:23:05 PMYou know that Koyaanisqatsi lines up perfectly with The Flaming Lips' At War With The Mystics

Not as perfectly as it lines up with the soundtrack from the 1982 experimental documentary film Koyaanisqatsi by Philip Glass. First time I tried that I couldn't BELIEVE it.

By the way, everyone should see Koyaanisqatsi because it's not just a good film, but it is also, in my humble opinion, an important one.

Replies From View

Did you also know

Yes!  That's right!!  Die Hard is an old film, which means - you guessed it! - it is a dad film!

Good learning!!