Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:30:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taliban. ISIS. But which is better? There's only one way to find out...

Started by Retinend, November 24, 2021, 12:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retinend

The Washington Post: Taliban sends hundreds of fighters to eastern Afghanistan to wage war against Islamic State

"The fight is difficult, and yes sometimes it is brutal, but we have to eradicate Daesh not just for Afghanistan, but for the entire world," said Qari Nurullah Fateh, a Taliban fighter under the group's intelligence wing in Jalalabad. Daesh is the Arabic acronym for the Islamic State commonly used in Afghanistan. "If someone doesn't surrender to us, we kill them."

"The Islamic State began attacking Jalalabad within weeks of the Taliban takeover. Local Taliban commanders initially responded by killing several accused collaborators and hanging their bodies along main roads and at busy intersections.

"This was a very effective way to respond," said Fateh, the Taliban fighter in Jalalabad. "It was a lesson to the people that this is what happens if you join Daesh. We wanted to show them the consequences." Two other elite Taliban fighters confirmed Fateh's account."

""Myself, I strung up two of the bodies," Fateh said, estimating other Taliban fighters hung about 40 more. Dozens of accused collaborators were beheaded. He said the punishments were carried out in accordance with Islamic law and were approved by Taliban provincial leadership.

But since the brutal killings, violence has only increased, according to data collected by local health officials. And some Jalalabad residents and former Afghan government officials warn that the Taliban's approach to restoring order will fan Islamic State recruitment efforts."

imitationleather

Both sides need to chill out and have a... No, not a laqer. Some shisha.

shoulders

Is this the first 'Maybe we're mates now' reappraisal of the Taliban?

C_Larence

Quote from: shoulders on November 24, 2021, 01:10:07 PMIs this the first 'Maybe we're mates now' reappraisal of the Taliban?

It's the part of the superhero movie where the heroes fight each other to a stalemate before putting aside their differences and joining forces.

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: Retinend on November 24, 2021, 12:44:59 PMThe Washington Post: Taliban sends hundreds of fighters to eastern Afghanistan to wage war against Islamic State

"Myself, I strung up two of the bodies," Fateh said, estimating other Taliban fighters hung about 40 more. Dozens of accused collaborators were beheaded....

But since the brutal killings, violence has only increased

Oh no that's not what I wanted to happen at all! I thought the violence was going to decrease, not increase!
said an exasperated Fateh

Brundle-Fly

What about Al-Quaeda? What's his Killing Power rating in the Islamic Terrorist Top Trumps game?

shoulders

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on November 24, 2021, 04:28:06 PMWhat about Al-Quaeda? What's his Killing Power rating in the Islamic Terrorist Top Trumps game?

Taliban got out of all that nasty business, set them back 20 years all that bother.

Catalogue of ills

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on November 24, 2021, 03:49:19 PMOh no that's not what I wanted to happen at all! I thought the violence was going to decrease, not increase!
said an exasperated Fateh

Proper laughed

dissolute ocelot

ISIS have the social media game, I can't imagine the Taliban are big on TikTok.

Replies From View

chveik

say what you like about the talibans but at least they know how to win wars

Catalogue of ills