Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:35:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The curious case of Dream Theater

Started by idunnosomename, November 24, 2021, 01:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnum Valentino

Class, I have it on now. Why is Derek on it though?

idunnosomename

I think he was just up for it like Charlie so they were like fine mate, it's a big anniversary for the band (15 years, lol, seems like nothing now), and we're never gonna get Kevin Moore to come back.

I do like Derek a lot, even if he plays the keyboard like a guitar hero (but his patches are so distinctive during that version of Metropolis) but probably I do underestimate how much DT's early work owed to Moore. Still, he's got the lyric credit on Pull Me Under, their one hit, so he did the best he could out of his stint with them.

FsF

Always enjoyed Jordan Rudess' anecdote about that show being that he had no idea what Charlie Dominici looked like, and assumed he was a random taxi driver that wandered into soundcheck.

Dominici's 2nd and 3rd O3 solo albums are really worth a listen, and serve as a nice "alternative timeline Dream Theater", given his backing band don't exactly hide their influences....

Norton Canes

Liked 'Life in a Northern Town'

Thanks