Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:06:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Where's my fucking festive bake.

Started by Fr.Bigley, November 26, 2021, 05:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fr.Bigley

Two days after the alleged release date and 3 disappointed trip's to Greggs later, there still aren't any delicious festive bakes. It's only reason I like this season. There are no festive bakes. Have any of you managed to get hold of any festive bakes?

I've seen the frozen ones in Iceland if you don't mind heating them up yourself.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on November 26, 2021, 05:36:03 PMI've seen the frozen ones in Iceland if you don't mind heating them up yourself.

I'm not an employee of Greggs, nor do I possess the patience for such frivolity.

Cloud

Had one earlier, there were 4 normal ones left and 3 vegan ones

Icehaven

Spoons are doing a festive pizza with turkey and stuffing toppings, maybe try that instead?

imitationleather

Quote from: icehaven on November 27, 2021, 08:39:55 AMSpoons are doing a festive pizza with turkey and stuffing toppings, maybe try that instead?

Sounds horrible!

Also, does it have fucking cranberry sauce on it, like every other festive special?

Icehaven

Quote from: imitationleather on November 27, 2021, 08:42:07 AMSounds horrible!

Also, does it have fucking cranberry sauce on it, like every other festive special?

Dunno, the idea of stuffing on a pizza is enough to make me hurl, never mind cranberry sauce. Bet it even comes with a nice gravy boat.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Both Tayto's and Keogh's have Turkey and Stuffing flavour crisps for sale in "sharing bags". I'll eventually buy both.

shiftwork2

Bake as a noun.  Apparently it's in the dictionary but what does that know.

Imagine the accent you like least going 'four bakes please' and you'll agree that this is the devil's handiwork.

Utter Shit

They have them in Brighton, I can post you one if you like.

touchingcloth

Where's your fucking festive bake? Have you checked up your fucking festive arse?

seepage

Got bought a waitrose christmas turkey, stuffing & bacon sandwich yesterday. Very good, but would be improved by omitting the smear of pink stuff, which according to their site is cranberry and redcurrant chutney. Also features "turkey stock mayonnaise".

Fr.Bigley

I'm going to find a fucking festive bake, I'm off into town. There's half a dozen outlets in the city centre. If I don't find a delicious festive bake there, I'll assume its all a big laughing joke at the expense of old Bigley.

I need my fucking festive bake.

(My festive arse is free of bakes)

shiftwork2

Quote from: seepage on November 27, 2021, 10:26:29 AMGot bought a waitrose christmas turkey, stuffing & bacon sandwich yesterday.

That reminds me, there was an exquisite Ginsters (hear me out) Wensleydale and Cranberry sandwich last year.  Looking forward to my next garage distress purchase now.

Fr.Bigley

Gingsters also make their own "festive slice". It belongs in the Deso Isle. Shit.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on November 27, 2021, 11:50:36 AMIt belongs in the Deso Isle. Shit.

Entire Deso Aisle Thread now pls.

(if "Deso Isle" was a reality show I'd watch it)

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on November 27, 2021, 09:42:08 AMBoth Tayto's and Keogh's have Turkey and Stuffing flavour crisps for sale in "sharing bags". I'll eventually buy both.

Tescos are doing Pig in Blankets flavoured peanuts. They're unusual.

Glebe

Fr.Bigley

I found a fucking festive bake. I did it lads. One week late, but I did it, I did it and it was fucking worth it.

the science eel

festive CAKE,

festive LAKE

festive FAKE

festive WAKE even,

better than this so-called festive 'bake'

mothman

Fucking horrible, those festive bakes are. Filled with this Paxo and cranberry slurry. Got given a free one at the Greggs at work one time, after I casually enquired what they were like. Glad I didn't pay for it. 1/10 would not bang.

Cloud

Everything I've seen this year has been "throw some cranberry sauce on it = festive version"

Quote from: icehaven on November 27, 2021, 08:47:10 AMDunno, the idea of stuffing on a pizza is enough to make me hurl, never mind cranberry sauce. Bet it even comes with a nice gravy boat.

Like this one? 

imitationleather

Ooooh... Get a load of the Guardian reader, lads!

shoulders

Daddy up in heaven with the angels got his festive bake 😇🍲🙏😭

Fr.Bigley

What does this guardian gimp know about owt. Fucking arsehole.

mothman

Not sure what to make of their luxury mince pie review article last week. Top rated was the Sainsbury's, and my experience has always been that their mince pies are always nowhere near as good as you'd have expected given it's supposed to a bit more up-(super)market.

Malcy

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on November 27, 2021, 11:50:36 AMGingsters also make their own "festive slice". It belongs in the Deso Isle. Shit.

Got one of these yesterday. Had high hopes for it so hope it isn't that bad.

the science eel

Quote from: mothman on November 29, 2021, 01:37:42 PMNot sure what to make of their luxury mince pie review article last week. Top rated was the Sainsbury's, and my experience has always been that their mince pies are always nowhere near as good as you'd have expected given it's supposed to a bit more up-(super)market.
That's funny you mention that because I'm just now warming up the last couple of ALDI luxo mince pies - they got the lowest score and they're very nice. So stuff the Guardian

the science eel

Quote from: the science eel on November 29, 2021, 05:19:28 PMThat's funny you mention that because I'm just now warming up the last couple of ALDI luxo mince pies - they got the lowest score and they're very nice. So stuff the Guardian

The Tesco Finest are now only a quid if you've got a Clubcard and they're very good too. You have to warm them up tho