Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:09:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2022

Started by dr beat, January 01, 2022, 07:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: jobotic on January 11, 2022, 01:01:56 PMEarly footage of Higgins. Looks like a young Bernard Sumner, gawjus.

Check out Six-Pack Jack here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRolYucC44f/

Looks more like RONALADO than a snooker player. Needs to get on the kebabs and develop gout sharpish.

Blue Jam

The Legend Garys are already bellowing GWAAAAAAARN RONNIE with an obnoxious regularity and they haven't even got their mid-session interval pints down them yet.

Blue Jam

Ronnie O'Sullivan: WASP MURDERER

druss

Fucking hell, AIDS is the worst.

Galeee

All the players and referees double as wasp and fly killers at Ally Pally.
I wonder what it is about the place that breeds them?

Blue Jam

Quote from: druss on January 11, 2022, 02:11:12 PMFucking hell, AIDS is the worst.

The cost of the Eurosport subscription is worth it just to avoid AIDS alone.

Except they're now interviewing Ronnie Wood, fucking hell. When's Damien Hirst on?

Blue Jam

Quote from: Galeee on January 11, 2022, 02:15:07 PMAll the players and referees double as wasp and fly killers at Ally Pally.
I wonder what it is about the place that breeds them?

I dunno but they definitely seem to be attracted to the lighting above the table. Maybe it's the colour of the cloth too. There were bloody loads of flying insects around the table when we were there. I guess there must be a wasp nest somewhere in the building that they can't quite locate. Either that or just the fact that it's a leaky old building in the middle of a big park.

...and AIDS always was a bad loser:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/907199/Masters-snooker-Shaun-Murphy-bizarre-Alexandra-Palace-request-Judd-Trump-news

Blue Jam

Jimmy White interviewing Ronnie Wood. I can't decide whose hair looks more fake.

druss

The fuck are BBC on about, put out trivia question of which players have made a 147 at the Masters and they say that John Higgins did and omitted Marco Fu. State of these cunts. 

mippy

Leave the wasps alone!

Blue Jam

Yeah, wasps are pollinators and Shaun Murphy is terrified of them. I know AIDS was gassed out in the first round but more wasps in snooker can only be a good thing. Unless you're not a Eurosport subscriber of course.

druss

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 11, 2022, 06:16:04 PMYeah, wasps are pollinators and Shaun Murphy is terrified of them. I know AIDS was gassed out in the first round but more wasps in snooker can only be a good thing. Unless you're not a Eurosport subscriber of course.
I subscribed to Eurosport but I find their TV app to be a bit rubbish, doesn't look as smooth as on normal TV. There's probably some way to configure it I'm missing.

druss

Quite like that Murphy is commentating on a drawn out Mark Selby frame, hopefully giving him PTSD flashbacks.

Galeee

Which player was it who was (quite justifiably) scared of a spider under the table, in a match on TV recently-ish?

Blue Jam

Quote from: Galeee on January 11, 2022, 08:25:55 PMWhich player was it who was (quite justifiably) scared of a spider under the table, in a match on TV recently-ish?

That was AIDS as well:

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/english-open/2020-2021/english-open-shaun-murphy-refuses-to-play-as-ginormous-spider-lies-in-wait-under-the-table_vid1370191/video.shtml

Don't watch the video if you're an arachnophobe. Personally I like spiders and seeing this just made me like them even more.

I guess AIDS is never going to pop up on I'm A Celebrity.

buttgammon

So this is the thing that gave me a shred of sympathy for Murphy!

Galeee

I may not like him very much, but I think he is better in the commentary box and punditing than some others, at least he's reasonably articulate.

I don't think I'm going to enjoy Jack Lisowski in this role.

sevendaughters

Selby got up in a female friend's DMs the other day, sneaky boy

Blue Jam

Quote from: Galeee on January 12, 2022, 01:09:18 PMI may not like him very much, but I think he is better in the commentary box and punditing than some others, at least he's reasonably articulate.

I don't think I'm going to enjoy Jack Lisowski in this role.

Lebowski is certainly easier on the eye. Which is precisely why he shouldn't be there. Mark Allen- now that's what a snooker player should look like.

Decider! Gwaaaarn Strategies and your stupid lairy spiv tie.

Blue Jam

Nice one Judd. Salt Bae tonight is it?

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Anyone else enjoying the return of the Bazza Shitlogos? I love the fact that WST have to keep coming up with new ones for players who don't have nicknames. Calling Legend Gary Wilson "The Tyneside Terror" and making him sound like a serial killer was bad enough, but have you seen Anthony "The Glaswegian Gladiator" McGill's? Bit racist, no?

"FREEEEEEEEDOM!"

The best thing is the fact that he's got hair in one pic and is bald in the other.

Galeee

I am always faintly disappointed that Barry 'Awkins doesn't turn up in a pirate outfit.

Blue Jam

Bawkins is more Hair Island than Treasure Island

Blue Jam

Lovely sensitive Kylo trying to humanely dispatch a wasp before Rob Spencer went and twatted it to fuck. Yeah, leave the wasps alone! You don't want to be grinding a wasp into that beautiful fast cloth either, show some respect to the table fitters FFS.

Stuart Bingham's fans are even more Legend Gary than Ronnie's.

monkfromhavana

What would attract you, as a snooker fan, to Stuart Bingham? You'd have to have lost your bloody marbles.

monkfromhavana

Bingham looks like he'd blend in seamlessly to the hired goons on "Can't Pay, We'll Take It Away".

DocDaneeka

I'd prefer Bingham to win. Kyren seems a very dull man where as Bingham reminds me of Fungus the Bogeyman which is a positive in my eyes.

Blue Jam

Oh Kylo, sparing wasps and then owning up to a foul no-one else would have noticed, you're so bloody nice.

I like Kylo. He's an emotional player. He may be Cryin' Wilson but that beats watching Selbot looking like an unemotional slab of ham while lifting trophies.

He also follows the Snooker Potcast on Twitter and I have to admire that.

mippy

Quote from: sevendaughters on January 12, 2022, 02:12:56 PMSelby got up in a female friend's DMs the other day, sneaky boy

You can't leave it there!