Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:13:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2022

Started by dr beat, January 01, 2022, 07:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mippy

Kyren's 30th was themed around Peaky Blinders, because of course it was.

dr beat

Can't believe this has gone to 5-all.

jobotic

Bingham's alright inne? He deserves this

Don't mind Kyren either but that Peaky Blinders party...ffs.

Blue Jam

Quote from: dr beat on January 12, 2022, 10:34:59 PMCan't believe this has gone to 5-all.

Aye, this is getting pretty mental.

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Awwww nice one, The Kitten From Kettering:

Kylo vs Strategies in the quarters, tasty.

Galeee

The last thing you'd want at this moment is Rob pouncing on you...

Blue Jam

I don't know how anyone can hate Rob Walker. He's not Accidental Partridge, more like a rare example of Totally Deliberate Partridge. Look at him successfully feigning enthusiasm for Yan Bingtao's new carpets here, what a pro:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AccidentalP/status/1480104932913131521

Blue Jam

Rob Walker covering Kylo's auntie's birthday preparations:

"That'd be quite a convoy"- oh yes, I bet he loves Lexi too.

Gawd these are so gloriously inane. I wish he'd been on the scene to report from that fucking Peaky Blinders party.

mippy

Properly lost it at him trying to say hello to Yan's dog.

shoulders

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 12, 2022, 11:10:35 PMI don't know how anyone can hate Rob Walker.

- The tediously confected mythologising and narrative spinning
- The unearned obsequious chumminess
- The making every single shot "in the context of the match This.
Is. Massive"

Blue Jam

Quote from: mippy on January 12, 2022, 11:31:36 PMProperly lost it at him trying to say hello to Yan's dog.

Galeee

I don't hate Rob. He's good at his job - but all that Tigger like enthusiasm would sometimes make me want to kick him.
Especially after an arduous match.

I will regret not seeing him reporting from the Peaky Blinders party till the end of my days.

druss

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 12, 2022, 11:10:35 PMI don't know how anyone can hate Rob Walker. He's not Accidental Partridge, more like a rare example of Totally Deliberate Partridge. Look at him successfully feigning enthusiasm for Yan Bingtao's new carpets here, what a pro:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AccidentalP/status/1480104932913131521
That was incredible, was pissing myself at the carpets and dog. Also Yan at the end "Sometimes I get angry (such as when Rob Walker will not leave my home)".

Blue Jam

Arise Reanne Evans MBE:

CoD still too DEAD SOON to give 'em out I see. Bet Mark Allen still wasn't over the moon for her though.

druss

Definitely the best day of the quarters by the look of it. Both very difficult to call, before the Grand Prix I'd have said Robertson would win easily but Ronnie is playing very well and Robbo looked shite for a lot of the first round.

Williams is apparently suffering with long covid and is knackered in the evening so with Higgins playing close to the best he has ever played I think he will win tonight, although if Williams can perform like he did against Yan then it's a coin toss.

druss

Robbo looking much better today, I think he will win today.

Galeee

Ronnie seems to take a lot longer to warm up nowadays, and what with always leaving a red on the break off, and Robbo's long potting skills, I think you're right

druss

Quote from: Galeee on January 13, 2022, 01:22:44 PMRonnie seems to take a lot longer to warm up nowadays, and what with always leaving a red on the break off, and Robbo's long potting skills, I think you're right
Shocking in the second frame, I could have got closer than some of his efforts and I'm shite.

Galeee

Wow, is that Ronnie's sitting room? (Not really)  He has a Black Lodge floor.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Galeee on January 13, 2022, 02:22:02 PMWow, is that Ronnie's sitting room? (Not really)  He has a Black Lodge floor.

Was Rob Walker stroking it admiringly?

DocDaneeka

Can't stop picturing the great plumes of Omicron every time Ronnie gets to the table and gets the customary G'waaaan Ronnie's.

DocDaneeka

John Virgo just said "Neil Foulds one frame away from a place in the last four".

This is why I don't pay for Eurosport.

Blue Jam

Bad luck Ronnie. Better pop over to the Shoot-Out and get yourself a few RAAANKIN' POINTS MAAATE:

Blue Jam

Quote from: DocDaneeka on January 13, 2022, 04:13:08 PMJohn Virgo just said "Neil Foulds one frame away from a place in the last four".

Hahahaha

mippy

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 13, 2022, 04:27:52 PMBad luck Ronnie. Better pop over to the Shoot-Out and get yourself a few RAAANKIN' POINTS MAAATE:

David Higgins
2 years ago
If he just plucked that monobrow for once I'm his life it'd do wonders for his facial aesthetics and take him from a 1/10 to at a 5/10

jobotic

Enjoyed that third frame.

Gwan Mark

Blue Jam

Another DETHIDER!

Gwaaaaarn The Gout From Gwent

Blue Jam

Desislava's hair is looking very glam tonight.

jobotic

I quite like McManus but he does lay it on thick doesn't he?

Good game but it's not the moon landing.