Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:30:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Moon Knight, new Disney Plus Marvel show

Started by samadriel, January 18, 2022, 12:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

I like how Marc and Steven
Spoiler alert
working together make a more effective fighter,
[close]
but also that it
Spoiler alert
took a much more brutal persona to beat Harrow.
[close]

If
Spoiler alert
Jake isn't the main villain in a second season they are really missing a trick.
[close]

Bad Ambassador

Boring, confusing and more interested in "cleverness" than telling a coherent story. Sums up the whole series.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I'd say the last episode could have done with more cleverness. Or at least a proper ending.

olliebean

Dropping the interesting plot stuff at the end in favour of a load of action is pretty much Marvel's thing, isn't it?

The Culture Bunker

I found it strange how neither Marc or Steven questioned the notion that there was a third persona, given he emerged twice in the series and it was alluded he got Marc booted out of the army.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: olliebean on May 05, 2022, 04:31:59 PMDropping the interesting plot stuff at the end in favour of a load of action is pretty much Marvel's thing, isn't it?
They normally manage to continue telling the story through the action though. This one just didn't. Nothing that Marc/Steven had been through in the previous episodes had any bearing on the big punchup - confronting their traumatic past didn't give them a newfound inner strength, learning to switch personas at will didn't give them any advantage (except for that one moment when Harrow was holding onto Marc's cape and they made it disappear). Layla getting Hippo god powers (including wings...?) didn't play into the resolution either.

Also, they're fighting a crocodilian monster and they don't say their "Laters gators" catchphrase when they win? This is screenwriting 101.

elliszeroed

"Are you an Egyptian superhero?"

Cut to: Marvel Executive punching the air.

Spoiled a really cool scene(s), shame that.

olliebean

Quote from: elliszeroed on May 05, 2022, 05:29:34 PM"Are you an Egyptian superhero?"

Cut to: Marvel Executive punching the air.

kalowski

Superb stuff. Really enjoyed it. Just a load of fun with nice twists. Loved the fact we saw
Spoiler alert
the third persona
[close]