Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:23:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021/22 Part 2 - Matt Le Tosser, Dejan Moron and Thickie Lambert

Started by JamesTC, April 06, 2022, 08:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

Recap:
Lambert: "I'm antivaxx."
Lovren: "I love Nigel Farage and Lawrence Fox and I hate gays."
Le Tissier: "I'm going to claim the attack on Bucha never happened and when called out, say I was just making a comment about media bias. Brb, off to Gettr."
Southampton fans: "Don't you DARE, Claus Lundekvam."

In happier news, Ancelotti's COVID-free.

king_tubby

Kankurette

Villareal are the only non-hateable CL team playing tonight. They're currently winning.

I know that Paul Lambert walked round the stadium with a banner that read 'THANK'S FANS' when he left Dortmund, and he sounds like he might have needed a bit of help with his reading and writing...but Thickie Lambert's a bit harsh!

Kankurette

Kankurette

Everton are nothing if not predictable. Only they could manage to blow a 2-1 lead against Burnley.

badaids

Quote from: Kankurette on April 06, 2022, 09:16:40 PMEverton are nothing if not predictable.

All three goals are down to mistakes, same as all season.  That's what will take us down.

Burnley are terrible too, we've had so many chances and should have buried them.

Kankurette

And Man United are coming up on Saturday. If they can't beat Burnley or Palace, what the hell is going to happen against United?

Is it on Pickford again by any chance?

JamesTC

Everton actually were the better team and both sides made mistakes. Understandable why both are down there.

That being said, I thought it was laughable when people were bigging up Everton's performance at the weekend. West Ham were awful and still won. If anything, that game shows why they are in the trouble they are.

Would really love Lamps to go down after breaking his hand celebrating a win.

Kankurette

Marco Silva must be feeling very vindicated right now.

Everton have 9 games, and none of them look winnable.

Kankurette

DrGreggles

Conceding 3 to a team who never score isn't a good look for Junior.

Kankurette

At least they'll never have to play another derby again. And Fulham won, so Marco Silva must be feeling very smug right now.

I don't know if anyone is arsed about the CL but I'm really hoping Villareal hang on against bastard Bayern.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Kankurette on April 06, 2022, 09:21:35 PMAnd Man United are coming up on Saturday. If they can't beat Burnley or Palace, what the hell is going to happen against United?

Man United who can't beat Burnley or Watford? (But can inexplicably beat Spurs, their only win in 6 games.)

Kankurette

Everton exist to make United feel better about themselves. Expect Ronalado to bully Pickford relentlessly while Maguire snaps Calvert-Lewin's leg.

JamesTC

Everton board having an emergency meeting over Lampard's position. Senior players were apparently briefing the press against Lampard before the game. All going very United there.

Kankurette

Lampard is getting thrown under the bus by his own squad?

Give it Giggsy Ferguson till the end of the season.

Poobum

I thought it would be hilarious if Burnley came back to win, and it was!

Kankurette

Someone posted Sean Dyche making a sex face on Owlstalk. Cannot be unseen. I apologise for using the phrases 'Sean Dyche' and 'sex face' in the same sentence.

Mobius

Quote from: Kankurette on April 06, 2022, 09:39:16 PMI don't know if anyone is arsed about the CL but I'm really hoping Villareal hang on against bastard Bayern.

saw this stat on twitter

September 2017 - Emery's PSG beat Bayern 3-0 in Paris. Bayern then go unbeaten in 25 UCL away games, until tonight, when Emery's Villarreal beat them 1-0 at the Ceramica.

He's got their number for sure!

Good Ebening.

Kankurette

I like him for some reason. Maybe it's cos he looks a bit like a Spanish Richard E Grant.

bgmnts

Everton could actually get relegated. Honestly never thought that could happen it's weird. Would surely stop Lampard's crap managerial career dead in it's tracks in a just world.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on April 06, 2022, 10:44:31 PMMan United who can't beat Burnley or Watford? (But can inexplicably beat Spurs, their only win in 6 games.)
We've done the double over Spurs this season, and West Ham. But no wins against Villa, Leicester and Southampton have set the tone for the season.

I suspect Everton will get a result on Saturday. Draw seems most likely, but an Everton win wouldn't be much of a surprise to me.

Kankurette

Pickford and de Gea will commiserate over how much they hate their backlines. De Gea gives me a real 'WHY DO I HAVE TO DO ALL THE FUCKING WORK AROUND HERE' vibe.

The Culture Bunker

De Gea is hardly blameless himself. Very good shot-stopper, but absolutely dreadful distribution, especially with his feet.

Kankurette

Sounds like Pickford. One advantage de Gea has over him, though, is a functioning brain.