Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:04:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

GC Rowling's Battlefield TERF, part 2: Fantastic Wheeshts and Where to Find Them

Started by Mister Six, April 14, 2022, 09:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiftwork2

phantom_power

So she is just saying out loud that she thinks trans people are straight men with beards and eyeliner? What happened to genuine concerns about sports and women's safe spaces? Not even the "good trans, bad trans" narrative

Johnny Yesno

Zero Gravitas

QuoteAs a trans woman...I composed a black mass

Trans witches, telling all their business.

Dr Rock

Got an email from Glinner, reposting (of course) something from that Wings Over Scotland cunt. The upshot is Scottish Civil Servants have to attend a workshop where they learn all about trans issues and terminology. Obviously this is evil.

Stu concludes
QuoteSo, to recap: the Scottish Government is using your money to indoctrinate anyone who works for it into the belief that biological sex – the thing which is responsible for every single human on Earth being alive – is a falsehood [no it isn't] created by the medical establishment to oppressively reinforce white supremacy [eh????]

Dr Rock

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 30, 2022, 05:14:54 PMGot an email from Glinner, reposting (of course) something from that Wings Over Scotland cunt. The upshot is Scottish Civil Servants have to attend a workshop where they learn all about trans issues and terminology. Obviously this is evil.

Stu concludes

I always enjoy the way Campbell has to use "your money" in these situations. Because he loves Scotland so much he lives in Bath.

canadagoose

Quote from: FalknerHinton on June 30, 2022, 06:53:17 PMI always enjoy the way Campbell has to use "your money" in these situations. Because he loves Scotland so much he lives in Bath.
"Volksgenosse, das ist auch Dein Geld"

phantom_power

Oppressively enforce white supremacy? He really is down the alt-right rabbit holev to fascistland

JKR retweets 25 follower/2 month old account because death threats.

Daily Mail story in 5...4...3... etc.

shoulders

The painting has the opposite effect of what it intends (or purports to intend) in my view.

It looks more like Rowling is an innocent being enveloped, a victim of a swirling external darkness rather than a purveyor of it.

It certainly doesn't convey what we know to be the case: a basic 2nd wave middle aged centre right little Englander bigot abusing her enormous celebrity platform earned through totally different deeds in order to spout narrow minded deluded attitudes at odds with her own fanbase in an utterly entitled and rather vainglorious way.

If the painter feels so strongly about her then a brave move to leave the work so open to alternative interpretation.

idunnosomename

Well she screenshotted it because she censored the address (which I assume was just the Edinburgh one again). Its clearly a 4chan adjacent troll. Its become so easy to stir up one of the most famous writers in the world via the internet, how can they resist? But of course it's precious ammo to these extremely disingenuous bigots.

Dr Rock

Quote from: FalknerHinton on June 30, 2022, 06:53:17 PMI always enjoy the way Campbell has to use "your money" in these situations. Because he loves Scotland so much he lives in Bath.

How much money does it cost for some civil servants to watch a slideshow of text?

buttgammon

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 02, 2022, 11:31:29 AMWell she screenshotted it because she censored the address (which I assume was just the Edinburgh one again). Its clearly a 4chan adjacent troll. Its become so easy to stir up one of the most famous writers in the world via the internet, how can they resist? But of course it's precious ammo to these extremely disingenuous bigots.

Totally, a troll who's probably sympathetic to her views. Internet literacy and ingenuity aren't exactly their strong points.

Kankurette

Ferris

Fair play "drink driving stan account" with that header image is pretty funny. For someone to actually be taken in by it is also quite funny.

Dr Rock

Key

Getting a glowing character reference off Julie Bindel is like getting keep fit tips off the Grim Reaper.

Ferris

Kankurette

Johnny Yesno

Showing girls that if they try hard enough, they can play second fiddle to a little wizard shit too.

pigamus

I am the very model of a feministic hit
I'm playing second fiddle to a little wizard shit

Dex Sawash

I know just what is a woman and can name the parts abdominal
From ovary to mons pubis in order gynecological

idunnosomename

I'm very well acquainted, with the funding from the Brothers Koch
I understand womanhood too, from our lunching upto wine o' clock

Stigdu

I'm watching the films at the moment at the same time as my 10yo is reading the books. We've just seen Order of the Phoenix 2 weeks ago. So 3 films to go. We'll do no. 6 once she's finished the book.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Stigdu on July 03, 2022, 09:29:08 PMI'm watching the films at the moment at the same time as my 10yo is reading the books. We've just seen Order of the Phoenix 2 weeks ago. So 3 films to go. We'll do no. 6 once she's finished the book.

Only Prisoner of Azkaban is any good. Alfonso Cuaron, baby!