Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:28:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

US and global environmental destruction virtually admitted by Pentagon

Started by Pinball, February 03, 2004, 01:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

hehe I'm bAAAAAaaaaack!

So, Bush and his corporate chums claim there's no environmental problems, so who needs Kyoto? Well, if that's the case, why are the Pentagon planning for inevitable "when not if" environmental changes with their associated geopolitical consequences (i.e. Europe becomes Siberia, everyone desperate for food blah blah). Yep, it's the Atlantic conveyor switch-off chestnut again. So expect a slight change of policy if Bush loses the next election (though I suspect a monkey could win it...).

I don't suppose this item will get onto Sky or Fox News, or (C)NBC for that matter given the latter is owned by General Electric. BTW NBC is the most likely contender to buy ITV including ITN News...

Article clicky

hencole

They're doing it to wind you up. Theres no other rational explanation.

Maybe the terrorists have stopped messing about on planes and are instead hi-jacking our environment, its no use, in order to keep us safe we must stop using it or destroy it !

Vermschneid Mehearties

The latest absolute joke is that the 'scientists' who have been financed by the government told the UN that they don't believe global warming exists. This is obviously very dangerous for the world, and it's imperative that the next president puts the environment before terrorism.

Their argument was that CO2 has been increasing and decreasing for hundreds of thousands of years, yet they fail to mention that each time, all life on the planet has been brought to the brink of extinction, and should the latest proven, significant and the sharpest ever rise in CO2 cause us problems, we are going to be absolutely fucked.

As per usual, the republicans will be more concerned with short-term vote-winning objectives, and the long term future of the globe will be put in jeopardy. Seen environmental protection spending under Bush? It's not a pretty sight (uless you get orgasmic over graphs going down sharply). Neither is his education or welfare spending, but that's a different poisoned dog .

QuoteHollywood has also discovered the issue—next summer 20th Century Fox is expected to release The Day After Tomorrow, a big-budget disaster movie starring Dennis Quaid as a scientist trying to save the world from an ice age precipitated by global warming.

Cunts. You can already see where that ones going to go. We don't have the budget to show an ice age happening. Let's have a happy ending including oil spewing out of dryed up wells, and churches refurbished after immigrants and black peopel generally, leave the homelands and free up resources. Awww.

smoker

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"it's imperative that the next president puts the environment before terrorism.

it's imperative that the next president puts the environment before the profits of the companies who pay for his election. which isn't likely to happen even if the democrats were likely to win

vladyeti

I think I read somewhere that most Americans don't believe in global warming, because "god wouldn't let that happen".  Oh dear.

Pinball

QuoteHollywood has also discovered the issue—next summer 20th Century Fox is expected to release The Day After Tomorrow, a big-budget disaster movie starring Dennis Quaid as a scientist trying to save the world from an ice age precipitated by global warming.
Do Fox News know, and will they cover it? :-)))

Tom U4EA

Quote from: "Pinball"Yep, it's the Atlantic conveyor switch-off chestnut again. So expect a slight change of policy if Bush loses the next election (though I suspect a monkey could win it...).

Aaah... but the "atlantic conveyor switch-off chestnut" is probably not linked to human activity in the slightest, and much more likely due the natural cycles of the planet etc.... jeez I only studied this 2 years ago in my first year at uni and I can't remember a single thing about it.... woops...

no_offenc

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"Cunts. You can already see where that ones going to go. We don't have the budget to show an ice age happening. Let's have a happy ending including oil spewing out of dryed up wells, and churches refurbished after immigrants and black peopel generally, leave the homelands and free up resources. Awww.

Uh, actually, the film shows all the ice age stuff happening - floods, snow, loads of death - and shows how the massively reduced population of earth deals with it.

Unless you're on about a totally different Dennis Quaid film called The Day After Tomorrow.

Looks like cack, obviously, but it's still an interesting premise, and I think it's good that Hollywood aren't pushing the "ooh, let's do the happy ending, and get the Yanks to nuke Micronesia (which has been conveniently frozen over for some pathetic reason) which gets the world warmed up again" kind of ending.

Vermschneid Mehearties

Oh. Then I'm genuinely surprised. I shouldn't have been so cynical.*

*Yes you should have; your new found earnest image will only come back to bite you in the arse.

no_offenc

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"Oh. Then I'm genuinely surprised. I shouldn't have been so cynical.*

*Yes you should have; your new found earnest image will only come back to bite you in the arse.

Get told, tiny-text.

:stickingouttongueinmockery.gif:

Fucking hell I miss smileyeyys.

Santa's Boyfriend

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"Oh. Then I'm genuinely surprised. I shouldn't have been so cynical.*

Oh yes you should - it's made by the same guy that made Independance Day.

Vermschneid Mehearties

Capuchin

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"
And suddenely, everything is alright again.

These are the Rabbits Of Doom and I claim my £5.

Incredible Monkey Doctor

Quote from: "no_offenc"
Uh, actually, the film shows all the ice age stuff happening - floods, snow, loads of death - and shows how the massively reduced population of earth deals with it.

No no no that's more or less the plot for my second novel.

Must write quickly to avoid looking like bandwagon jumper. Shit.