Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:38:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

do you have any figures/toys?

Started by madhair60, May 09, 2022, 02:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

silly thread maybe but I wondered if anyone had any figures, funkos, toys etc that they value or keep around. I'll post pics but I recently bought Pop Up Parade figures of Vtubers (don't start) Inugami Korone and Nekomata Okayu, because I love the characters and their streams got me through the lockdown when I was alone for months.

I also have a bunch of Kirbys, some K-On plushes and Funko Pops of Kylo Ren and Cayde-6.

Yeah I'm never gonna have sex again, I know. :)

Anyway, do you have any branded tat that brings you joy?

madhair60

Pink Gregory

I have unofficial Hollow Knight and Hornet plushies, a plushy BMO from Adventure Time and a plushy Waddles from Gravity Falls.

Ms. Gregory has a terrifying bootleg Gizmo which I will post later.

madhair60

Quote from: Pink Gregory on May 09, 2022, 02:56:38 PMI have unofficial Hollow Knight and Hornet plushies, a plushy BMO from Adventure Time and a plushy Waddles from Gravity Falls.

Ms. Gregory has a terrifying bootleg Gizmo which I will post later.

This rules. I love Hollow Knight so much

Bigfella

As a wee guy I had the little Star Wars figures.  A classmate, Barry McDonald, had the rare stormtrooper which could have the helmet pulled off (ohh, matron!...) to reveal Luke Skywalker.  I also had construction/engineering Alans.  Refer to the radio sitcom 'Fags, bags and mags' for the full Alan story.  Oh, also old Action Man with eagle eyes, crew cut hair and chibbed jaw.

Thomas

Got a couple of plastic TARDISes about the place, and an impressively screen-accurate-yet-posable Jurassic Park T. rex that is probably too big.

touchingcloth

madhair60

chip

Christ almighty. Does someone have a gun to your head forcing you to admit to this?

madhair60

Quote from: chip on May 09, 2022, 03:27:58 PMChrist almighty. Does someone have a gun to your head forcing you to admit to this?

fuck off

Had a TARDIS and a Deadly Assassin Master and an 11th Doctor sonic screw driver that have since been stolen by, played with and mostly broken by my son. That's fine. They're toys, they're supposed to be played with.

I had a Subaru Impreza WRC Smokescreen Transformer that I imported from Japan, but it's simply disappeared. Whether my ex binned it or gave it away to charity or something, I don't know, but I loved that thing. Proper die cast metal like old school Transformers.

touchingcloth

I just googled "pop up parade figures of vtubers" on my work computer, and I think I'm going to get fired now.

holyzombiejesus

I've got a foot tall Enid from Ghost World, a couple of Chris Ware things (Jimmy Corrigan and Sparky the Cat) and a load of Bojesen/ Hans Bolling Danish mid-century little guys.

chip

Gurke and Hare

I have figures of the man who got turned into a half pig and the half human/half Dalek from the Doctor Who episode Daleks in Manhattan that were heavily reduced in Forbidden Planet. They sit on the bookshelf posed to look like they're in serious conversation, the pig man's arms outstretched as if he's emphasising something with hand movements.

I also have a Hangman Adam Page action figure, bought at full price because he's the best.

Despite owning these, I do kind of hate the whole industry that produces them as they do strike me as the ultimate in disposable consumption for the sake of it really.

madhair60

touchingcloth

I have a figurine of Porkins from off of Star War. I can remember buying it while drunk for the purposes of a hilarious joke, but the joke was on me because I now have a redundant figure of Porkins cluttering up a box.

madhair60

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 09, 2022, 03:40:44 PMI have a figurine of Porkins from off of Star War. I can remember buying it while drunk for the purposes of a hilarious joke, but the joke was on me because I now have a redundant figure of Porkins cluttering up a box.

Can I have it? i'm 100% serious.

retsuza

I don't have any, but if I had any money when I was younger I'd definitely have Gurren Lagaan mechas and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure stand figs on the shelf. Hard to justify spending money on them in general now.

I have a friend who is an absolute fiend for them though, he has a Metal Gear Solid Big Boss figure like this:

And a horny anime lady figure like this (slightly nfsw):

Spoiler alert

[close]

And once when I came over he had swapped the anime woman's head was on Snake's body and it was very funny.

Blue Jam

Got two Funko Pops here. Donald Trump and Jordan Henderson.

Goldentony

I have a large fuck off Godzilla I picked up from Berlin in a market behind the train station. Big, maybe 12 or 12'', got it for 25 euro and the guy gave me some spiel about it entirely in German and I just made interested noises til he handed it over. Think next to that is a Macho Man Randy Savage hasbro from when I was v young, and then there's a bollock ton of M.U.S.C.L.E. figures on the same shelf which is missing either of the Mito figutres that woud nicely tie it together (figure number 60 or 189 if you have any spare)

Shelf over from that, let me think, there's a scientist zombie frrom the first Resident Evil guarding a small blue plastic coffin I bought from a horror show and is now filled with confetti frrom the last Soft Cell gig. That's flanked either side by GI Joe style figures of Dhalsim from Street Fighter and Scorpion from Mortal Kombat and in front of those is an 8 inch Pepsiman and a tiny wee Pepsiman keyring that broke off my keys and now has to sit on his dads shoulders. There's also an Alfeed E. Neuman from about 1999 too, he has a sandwich board with a bunch of idiot catchphrases but obviously since theyre small bits of paper theyve gone missing since then.

touchingcloth

Quote from: madhair60 on May 09, 2022, 03:41:26 PMCan I have it? i'm 100% serious.

If I can find it, it's yours. I need to find the box it's cluttering...

madhair60

Goldentony

fucksake forgot, also got a Mcfarlane Movie Maniacs Leatherface figure, comes with a BUCKET with a HAMMER and ARM and HEAD and a CHAINSAW

shoulders

I'm grown up so no I don't have tiny little toys and models of things like children do.

touchingcloth

Quote from: shoulders on May 09, 2022, 03:49:58 PMI'm grown up so no I don't have tiny little toys and models of things like children do.

What's that tiny little model of a man's hairy penis I've seen you mucking about with? And I don't mean my mum's.

madhair60

Quote from: shoulders on May 09, 2022, 03:49:58 PMI'm grown up so no I don't have tiny little toys and models of things like children do.

ratio + L + you're bald

jobotic

Used to have a Buttercup but dunno where she went.

Not too bothered about that but pissed off that my Powerpuff Girls mug has disappeared.

Blue Jam

I was just wondering "Who the hell is Porkins?" Only the man who killed JFK*, it turns out:

http://www.forcematerial.com/home/2016/10/02/we-need-to-talk-about-porkins

*not really

Goldentony

I put a toy on a shelf once and Martin Clunes came round and took the piss, left immediately after, didnt stay