Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:04:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What's the most uncanny lookalike you've ever seen?

Started by non capisco, May 12, 2022, 12:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bumlord

Just glanced in the mirror there and honestly it was like a glimpse of a young Brad Pitt

Tony Tony Tony

Years ago in my former Civil Service job I was hauled into the bosses office for the crime of double denim and told I looked like a roadie for Status Quo. Unfortunately for the thread she didn't say which one.

The Culture Bunker

Years ago, some bod who often caught the same bus as me to Manchester city centre in the morning looked just like Harold Shipman - had the beard and same style of glasses. I often wondered if everyone he knew was too polite to tell him.

He's not been seen for a while, but for a while it seemed I had a doppleganger living in the same area as me. He walked right past my then-girlfriend, who got the hump at "me" blanking her and she followed him into the Co-Op and was on the verge of getting in his face until she realised it wasn't me only by noticing he didn't have the same facial freckles I have. But otherwise same height, same vague hairstyle, even same mode of dress.

non capisco

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on May 13, 2022, 10:18:03 AMHe's not been seen for a while, but for a while it seemed I had a doppleganger living in the same area as me. He walked right past my then-girlfriend, who got the hump at "me" blanking her and she followed him into the Co-Op and was on the verge of getting in his face until she realised it wasn't me only by noticing he didn't have the same facial freckles I have. But otherwise same height, same vague hairstyle, even same mode of dress.

I've had a few supposed doppelgangers over the years. When I moved to the Penge area 15 years ago I was forever being greeted by people who thought I was some character who went by the name of Cheeky D. The guy behind the counter in the first shop I went in shook his head indulgently and said "Oh, Cheeky D!" A few days afterwards a whole carload of youths shouted "Cheeky D!" at me. A woman on her way out of a pub when I was on my way in told me "You're not as funny as you think you are, you know". At first I thought she might post on here but she then muttered "Fucking Cheeky D, man." It died out over the years until a brief resurgence when a little kid in the doorway of Pizza Mania on Maple Road wagged his finger at me and went "Cheeky Deeeeeeeeeeee!". The little kid didn't look old enough to have been knocking about during the original era of Cheeky D so I can only imagine this fucker is still about, or was three years ago. He seems to inspire a varied set of reactions in people.

Tony Tony Tony

On holiday a few years back there was a guy in the hotel the dead spit of Rolf Harris. It was around the time he got released from prison I thought it might have been him trying to be incognito by having all his family speak German.

I set a cunning trap by walking past his table whistling Tie Me Kangaroo Down but the crafty fucker didn't even look up from his soup.

Jockice

There was also a Roy Kinnear at my school. A very young Roy Kinnear but a Roy Kinnear nevertheless.

Sebastian Cobb

Replies From View

I once saw a baby in a pram who looked like Mr Muscle.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 13, 2022, 09:45:50 AMI suspect there are several middle-aged Scottish men who have long hair and are scruffy and vaguely malevolent. I didn't shout "Oi Coast!"

The idea of shouting at someone you recognise has reminded me of the time someone spotted what we all believed was Michael Elphick at the Heineken Festival in Leeds in 1995 (on the 4th night, not long before Shane MacGowan came on) and pointed (reminiscent of Donald Sutherland in Invasion of the Body Snatchers) and shouted "BOON!"  He didn't hear, or if he did he didn't react.

Swift

There's a fella called Ali Plumb who interviews actors for the BBC who looks ridiculously like me. Not 100%, and he's a bit skinnier than I am, but it freaked my wife out when I showed her on YT.

ProvanFan

I was certain I saw the one with the floppy-eared hat from People Just Do Nothing at Bangface last weekend, but he insisted I was mistaken. Even after I said "no, you are him" four or five times.

kalowski

Quote from: The Bumlord on May 13, 2022, 10:09:15 AMJust glanced in the mirror there and honestly it was like a glimpse of a young Brad Pitt
Someone stood behind you?

Greg Torso

Man works in the shop where I buy my dowel rod who looks exactly like Lyle Lovett. If you don't remember Lyle Lovett, think of a Lurpak Tom Waits. Or if your grandpa was made of lard and somehow married to Anna Taylor Joy.

shoulders

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 13, 2022, 09:45:50 AMI suspect there are several middle-aged Scottish men who have long hair and are scruffy and vaguely malevolent. I didn't shout "Oi Coast!"

Laughing at OI, COAST as a provocation.

flotemysost

A colleague in an old job always used to get me and my then-manager confused with one another. When he ended up in a meeting with both of us and could no longer deny that we were in fact discrete entities, he decided that we must be sisters (despite the different surnames, accents, ethnic backgrounds etc.).

Pretty much every Black woman I know has been told they resemble Michelle Obama at some point.

I'm woefully shit at clocking actual celebrities IRL, mind. A few years ago my brother, his girlfriend and I were at a music biz type party where Robert Smith (the real one) was in attendance, except the three of us are all so painfully uncool that we just stood there huddled round our phones with Google Image search out going "Is that Robert Smith? I think that's him, it does really look like him doesn't it, yeah I think it's him"

finnquark

Saw a cleaner at Charleroi Airport about 10 years ago, and she was the spit of Gigi Buffon.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Mark Williams in a pub in Vilnius, watching the rugby. Had a chat with him. He insisted he wasn't him, but to this day, I'm not convinced.

Julia Salawallawawallah, former put- upon daughter in " Absolutely Fabulous" , in a Jazz Club in Kosice, Slovakia circa 1994. Was absolutely convinced it was her up to the point she turned round to one of her mates,and started speaking fluent Slovak.

When visiting Hull, many , many years ago , a city in which I used to live, I was sat in a local pub, having a beer and reading the paper and minding me own business, and I noticed a couple of likely lads nudging each other and pointing in my direction. They went up to the jukebox prior to leaving, to put on the jaunty Beautiful South tune " Old Red Eyes Is Back". As I looked up enquiringly, I could see the likely lads leaving, chuckling away and looking pleased with themselves. Similar things happened to meself whilst in Hull on more than one occasion.

A barmaid in the popular " Paddy's" bar in Moscow, who.....on second thoughts, I don't want to go there.

Jockice

If we're doing eastern Europe I was once in a restaurant in Slovakia on a press trip and became convinced that one of the other guests was Northern Irish political campaigner and journalist Eamonn McCann. I knew who he was beforehand but I'd seen him not long before in a documentary about The Undertones and this bloke looked exactly the same. So I went over to him and said: "Excuse me..." to which he responded with a stream of slick Slovakian. I think. Could have been clearing his throat for all I knew. I had to check though because he looked identical to McCann.

I also saw a Lord Falconer lookalike outside a museum in Budapest. But it turned out to be the real Lord Falconer.

Jockice

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on May 14, 2022, 10:16:47 AMWhen visiting Hull, many , many years ago , a city in which I used to live, I was sat in a local pub, having a beer and reading the paper and minding me own business, and I noticed a couple of likely lads nudging each other and pointing in my direction. They went up to the jukebox prior to leaving, to put on the jaunty Beautiful South tune " Old Red Eyes Is Back". As I looked up enquiringly, I could see the likely lads leaving, chuckling away and looking pleased with themselves. Similar things happened to meself whilst in Hull on more than one occasion.

Well you do look very much like Briana Corrigan. No hold on, that's me. Along with everyone else with red hair in world history.

steve98

Mike Pence (Moments before being Raptured)

Suddenly, *WHOOOSH* (He's off.)

Des Wigwam

Having no idea really who Lisa McGee is and needing to post something in the Derry Girls thread I looked her up. She looks alarmingly like a lovely Irish lady who wanted to perform a sex act on me; so much so that I had to corroborate various dates to be certain it wasn't - apart from a few key biographical details I am guessing that in 2019 she had much better things to be doing than hooking up with me. It's made me quite wistful though.

Utter Shit

The most uncanny lookalike I've ever seen was a guy who looked exactly like me. The really disconcerting thing is that I showed other people and none of them saw the likeness, raising the possibility that I don't actually know what I look like.

non capisco

How did you feel when you saw him? There's that photo that went viral a while ago where two strangers sat next to each other on a plane have realised they're the fucking double of each other and are cock-a-hoop about it. I don't think that's how I'd react somehow. Since I started this thread I've actually become nervous about rounding a corner and finally coming face to face with Cheeky D.

Utter Shit

When I first saw him (it was a photo on Facebook) my reaction was pretty much "Fuck me, this guy looks exactly like me!", then surprise that it had never come up before because we had loads of friends in common. No funny anecdotes like your Cheeky D stuff, just a vague annoyance that no one else sees it, and a slight worry about what it might say about me that I think he looks so much like me but no one else does.

Still could be worse, my wife looks exactly like some woman who murdered a few people a while back. A fact that I throw out every single time one of us notices a lookalike of any kind.

non capisco

Quote from: Utter Shit on May 18, 2022, 04:49:57 PMStill could be worse, my wife looks exactly like some woman who murdered a few people a while back. A fact that I throw out every single time one of us notices a lookalike of any kind.

Hehehe. I used to work with someone who looked a lot like one specific photo of Raoul Moat.

Famous Mortimer

There's these two baseball players, who not only look alike but also have the exact same name (Brady Feigl, one for the US names thread), who aren't related in any way.

Captain Poodle Basher

Quote from: Utter Shit on May 18, 2022, 03:41:30 PMThe most uncanny lookalike I've ever seen was a guy who looked exactly like me. The really disconcerting thing is that I showed other people and none of them saw the likeness, raising the possibility that I don't actually know what I look like.

I had the 180 of that.

A mate of mine living in London kept telling me of a friend of his who was the image of me and showed me a photo of said twin to prove it. I couldn't really see the resemblance but my mate swore it was true.

Fast forward a few years and my mate is home to get married. My twin is coming over as a guest so we will finally meet in person. The evening before the wedding, there's a night out in the pub. I'm sitting there chatting away when this beautiful woman runs up, hops into my lap and starts smooching all over me telling me, in a French accent, how lovely it is to see me.

Someone pointed out that I'm not my 'twin' but someone completely different. There then began an exchange of how I look just like him in a "Does he take sugar?" manner as if I wasn't able to speak for myself which sort of put a damper on things.

Following day as we all attend the wedding, I'm introduced to me twin and.... I cannot see where the resemblance is apart from hair colour and height. Oh, I'm told, you see he's changed his hairstyle and put on a few pounds but he really did look like you before.

My so-called twin just looked disinterestedly at me on being introduced, before turning back to talk to his other half. We didn't speak again.

The Ombudsman

Saw a cab driver today that looks exactly like Paul Daniels.

Des Wigwam

Quote from: Utter Shit on May 18, 2022, 04:49:57 PMStill could be worse, my wife looks exactly like some woman who murdered a few people a while back. A fact that I throw out every single time one of us notices a lookalike of any kind.

Just remembered that the infamous photo of Jon Venables is almost identical to one of me at the same age - quite why a mugshot-style photo of me exists has never really been explained. It's always weird to see the Venables one when it's thrown up on the news though.