Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:38:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Compiling your own soundtracks

Started by Famous Mortimer, May 13, 2022, 05:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

The other year, I made a soundtrack for the not-terribly-good movie "Tag", grabbing the tracks from my own CDs, Soulseek or Youtube (in one case), making a folder, doing cover art, and so on. I presume I had a reason for it, but it was a fun distraction for an hour or so.

This week I've been trying to compile one for weirdo low-budget SOV horror "We Await". Neurosis, Unsane and Monte Cazazza were relatively easy to track down (I own a decent amount of their stuff), but some of them are trickier. The credits list a Eugene Chadbourne song by the name of "Rake", but he did quite a lot of songs with that word in the title, relating to an electric rake instrument he occasionally played. Trance have a name which makes them tough to search for, and the credits list a song called "Terra-ist" by C.O.T.A. which is actually the name of one of their albums. Oh, and the bands "Thunder Chimp" and "Ultramundane" are either thoroughly lost to the mists of time, or the director made them up.

But, I've listened to lots of old mid 90s noise, which has been good fun. Does anyone else do this?