Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:34:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Own it!

Started by Jockice, May 14, 2022, 10:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinAhFuckScary

Das Reboot

I'm reaching out

GoblinAhFuckScary

I'm reaching around

I'm going to have to take a rain check.

gilbertharding

Did it used to be 'pwned'? Or was that something else?

Dr Rock

That's something else. 'Own it' means 'take responsibility for it' and why not. I think all these new phrases are the bees knees.

thenoise

Check out these wizard new phrases!

H-O-W-L

shit for cunts,  doesn't look good for corbyn sweet shop haha they're doing all the drugs themselves! get on the amphetamines ASAP

GoblinAhFuckScary

I don't like it, but I'll have to go along with it

touchingcloth

Fast forward to: Jockice loving the phrase "own it".

Jockice

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 15, 2022, 05:15:57 PMFast forward to: Jockice loving the phrase "own it".

Since my original post I have purchased copyright on the phrase, so I do now officially own it and anyone else saying it has to pay me. Just looking forward to the cash coming in, not least from people on this board.

Thursday

Don't see an issue with most of these phrases, it is what it is.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Jockice on May 16, 2022, 07:34:23 AMSince my original post I have purchased copyright on the phrase, so I do now officially own it and anyone else saying it has to pay me. Just looking forward to the cash coming in, not least from people on this board.

Pwnd it!

Jockice

Utter Shit

Sure this has been mentioned a thousand times before but for me the worst phrase in history is "it is what it is". At best it's simply redundant, and at worst it attempts to explain away bad behaviour without actually bothering to do the grunt work of providing an explanation. The verbal equivalent of a dismissive hand wave.

pigamus

idunnosomename

You couldnt make it up

Povidone

tourism

honestly wish they'd lock people up for moaning about stuff like this

Jockice

I'd better do the time then, since I've committed the crime.

tourism

everyone in the gaol would go hecking poggers to see you, to see you hecking poggers I bet. that'd grind my gears lol!

Kelvin

Quote from: Utter Shit on May 16, 2022, 10:03:26 AMSure this has been mentioned a thousand times before but for me the worst phrase in history is "it is what it is". At best it's simply redundant, and at worst it attempts to explain away bad behaviour without actually bothering to do the grunt work of providing an explanation. The verbal equivalent of a dismissive hand wave.

That's not really what it means though. To quote an online dictionary: "It is an expression used to characterize a frustrating or challenging situation that a person believes cannot be changed and must just be accepted."

"Hey, Utter Shit, how do you feel about people over-using idioms?"

"It is what it is."

"And the rest."

checkoutgirl

You do you. I do me. We all do each other and then we go home.

Povidone

Quote from: tourism on May 16, 2022, 10:49:43 AMhonestly wish they'd lock people up for moaning about stuff like this

I have a mate that gets irrationally angry about things, one day he professed to me his hatred of 'stock phrases' when I came out with some cliche as I am wont to do, might even have been "it is what it is" but was probably something older and more parochial than that.

As a consequence of this I regularly communicate to him in cliche, stock phrases, continually telling him that a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush and that a rolling stone gathers no moss, much to his chagrin.

pigamus

It's one of them isn't it at the end of the day

Captain Z

I've seen 'MOT' being used several times to indictate general agreement, and still no idea what it stands for. 'Man/message of truth'? Obviously, it is impossible to search.

moondogs

I use it all the time.. not!

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 14, 2022, 10:18:36 PMOne of my bugbears, the old "gift" as verb.

Beware of gifting Greeks.

Be gifted by a horse's mouth without looking at it.

Replies From View

Quote from: Kankurette on May 14, 2022, 11:05:57 PMI still say 'owned'. As in 'Wolves got owned by Man City'.

You're saying you "still" say it as if it's not brand new, along with its accompanying typo "pwned".

Absolute shit for newborn cunts.