Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,464
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:37:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ball, ball, ball, footie, footie, footie: Chant thread

Started by touchingcloth, May 17, 2022, 08:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfella

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 18, 2022, 10:11:26 AMHi! CaBBot here!
I see that you're new here. Please take time to familiarise yourself. You'll want to catch up on some background reading and YouTubing.

Remember: the more you put in, the more you'll get out of your experience here.
Condescending English bastard! :D

Enjoyed the chant aimed at Dagenham and Redbridge keeper Elliot Justham

'You're just a shit Tesco sandwich'

Harry Badger

As a young lad in the early 90s, I was always amused by the Aylesbury United 'Chicken Run' chant to unsatisfactory referees:

YOUR MOTHER SUCKS COCKS IN HELL

Of course, at this point, the Exorcist was banned on video so I didn't get the reference. I just took it to be a hilariously over the top insult.

QuoteIt goes

Super Super Bob
Super Super Bob
Super Super Bob
Super Bobby Taylor

Call yourself a football fan yet you got that so wrong! Embarrassing for you

Heard that in person around the same time as we went down to an 8-0 FA Cup defeat at the Hawthorns.

Quite like the chant when fans accept that their club is now definitely relegated:
'Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, we're going to Shrewsbury'

Joe Qunt

My favourite chant at the minute:

QuoteWhen ye score ye make the Celtic sing
Jota on the wing, Jota Jota on the wing
Every time you're on the ball we know
There's gonna be a show
Our superstar from Portugal

Povidone

We've got McGinn!
Super John McGinn!
He's [Insert Current Manager's Name Here]'s man
He's better than Zidane
We've got Super John McGinn!

robhug

I've been out of the match day experience loop for quite a while. Do they still piss off the top tier onto rival fans below or is that considered uncouth these woke days? What about shitting into a starbucks cup and launching that?

studpuppet

Quote from: Inspector Norse on May 18, 2022, 07:27:23 AMA lot of them foreign teams have blokes who pretty much stand at the front of the stand with megaphones or drums conducting the chanting, barely even watching the game.

Yeah, well, your Eastern European teams have got taped ain't they? They use their clubs' junior games as practice sessions.

RetroRobot

Remember my dad covering my ears at a Sheff Wednesday game as a kid as the crowd chanted THE REFEREE'S A BASTARD THE REFEREE'S A BASTARD

touchingcloth

Quote from: Bigfella on May 18, 2022, 05:50:32 AMScotch whisky, eggs, mist, tape.  Suffix of hop and butter.  Otherwise, 'Scots' or 'Scottish'. If you'd be so kind!

This doesn't seem right. Try saying "hopscots" or "butterscottish" yourself and you'll see that they don't trip off the tongue nearly as well as the more appropriate "Scotch". Scotch egg, Scotch whisky, Scotch man, Scotch footie huns.

madhair60

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Cuellar

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on May 18, 2022, 02:01:00 PMThey just don't get it do they

Literally no difference between these and the examples in this thread.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Joe Qunt

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on May 18, 2022, 02:01:00 PMThey just don't get it do they

They should be banned from playing it, watching it and thinking about it. Yank bastards.

Cuellar

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on May 18, 2022, 02:06:34 PMReally? Alright then. Fight and win.

This is good is it:

QuoteWe've got McGinn!
Super John McGinn!
He's better than Zidane

Joe Qunt

Cuellar

Povidone

Quote from: Cuellar on May 18, 2022, 02:13:25 PMThis is good is it:

Think you'll find it's a masterpiece sir.

Oh and you're welcome by the way, Aston Villa fans.

Although while scottish football and America are present in the same thread I feel entirely justified in posting this (not a chant):

Sonny_Jim

Povidone

Doesn't count as patter theft if it's on YouTube pal.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Povidone on May 18, 2022, 02:19:46 PMThink you'll find it's a masterpiece sir.

Oh and you're welcome by the way, Aston Villa fans.

Although while scottish football and America are present in the same thread I feel entirely justified in posting this (not a chant):

"Miss wide".

It's like watching kids play dress-up in their parents' clothes.

Paul Calf

No, it's like when kids learn some swear words and they don't really know how to use them.

"Yee-haw dagnammit, that ree-fur-ee is a bloody bugger wanker, Chip".

studpuppet

Quote from: RetroRobot on May 18, 2022, 01:04:00 PMRemember my dad covering my ears at a Sheff Wednesday game as a kid as the crowd chanted THE REFEREE'S A BASTARD THE REFEREE'S A BASTARD

I took my six year-old daughter to a League/Milk/Rumbelows/Carling/Carabao Cup game at Arsenal, when Per Mertesacker was still playing, and we had a topless (male) pitch invader. When we got home she piped up to her mum, "I learned two chants today!" I froze for a second before she continued, "One was 'You fat custard, you fat custard' and the other was 'Big Friendly German, we've got a Big Friendly German...'"

RHX

Kankurette

Quote from: Povidone on May 18, 2022, 11:51:39 AMWe've got McGinn!
Super John McGinn!
He's better than Zidane
Or in our case, Barry Bannan the little Scottish man.

shoulders

Paul Calf

I once went to an Easter match to watch Forest away against Watford and there were three blokes on the front row who, every now and again, would chant in perfect three-part harmony:

"Jesus Christ will fucking rise again".

I often think of this, even now nearly 20 years later.