Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:59:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Kinross swinger goes all night

Started by Norton Canes, May 18, 2022, 09:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Man's 36-hour swing marathon lands world record

QuoteA Kinross man has achieved a childhood ambition to break the world record for the longest marathon on a swing. Richard Scott, 51, completed the 36-hour challenge on Sunday, beating the existing record by two hours

You wouldn't exactly say he looks pleased

shiftwork2

Worth clicking through to see the grave he's dug for himself.

Zero Gravitas

Why didn't they shorten the chain rather than digging a pit?

Nice to see "Big Keith" from The Office lending his support.

Butchers Blind

Anyone who does the 'thumbs up' in a photo is a cunt.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on May 18, 2022, 10:23:39 AMWhy didn't they shorten the chain rather than digging a pit?

There was no pit when he started.

Zetetic

Quotehe was allowed a five-minute break every hour, which could be saved up.
Quote"I had a half-hour break"
Quote"There were occasions where ... I'd actually forget to swing"
Quote"The people watching me said I was slowing down too much"

Sebastian Cobb

This could be all of us under UBI but you be playin'

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Paul Calf

Quote from: Zetetic on May 18, 2022, 10:35:05 AM
Quotehe was allowed a five-minute break every hour, which could be saved up.
Quote"I had a half-hour break"
Quote"There were occasions where ... I'd actually forget to swing"
Quote"The people watching me said I was slowing down too much"

Yeah. This is bullshit. Please gas this marquee of cunts.

kittens

surely the only element of challenge here is not thinking of something better to do with your time. any sufficiently healthy human being could very easily achieve this "record".

Brian Freeze

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on May 18, 2022, 10:23:39 AMWhy didn't they shorten the chain rather than digging a pit?

Why didnt they dig a deeper pit is a much better question.
Everyone knows the longer the chain the better the swinging.

privatefriend

Roundabout next? Or even a swing on a roundabout..

Fambo Number Mive

I suppose there are worse things one could spend 36 hours doing than swinging.

Something the BBC don't mention is that this was done for charity, on the rotary club Facebook page they mention £823 was raised.

Which one of you wants to spend 37 hours on a swing to beat this record?

Fambo Number Mive

What music/podcasts/television is best to swing to? I'd go for I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue CDs.

canadagoose

I suppose that's about as exciting as it gets in Kinross. It'd be funnier if he swung himself into Loch Leven though.

shoulders

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 18, 2022, 11:41:12 AMSomething the BBC don't mention is that this was done for charity, on the rotary club Facebook page they mention £823 was raised.

That's a pathetic amount of money!

Captain Z

Initially misread this as "Kissinger goes alt right".

Fambo Number Mive

Talking of impressive stunts:

QuoteA hilarious plaque commemorating an epic eating feat has been spotted.

A photograph of the brass plaque was shared to the Spotted Witney Facebook page, with the poster writing: "On a bench in Deer Park. Not something you see every day."

The plaque states: "This plaque commemorates the achievement of Mr Tom Rees for eating 27 jumbo sausages on this bench. 30 October 2021."...

If you want to find out what people wrote on the Spotted Witney Facebook page in response, you can here: https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/20143198.hilarious-park-bench-plaque-commemorates-epic-sausage-eating-feat/

Dex Sawash

Impressive amount of partner swapping

Glebe

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: privatefriend on May 18, 2022, 11:34:14 AMRoundabout next?

Well, he's a member of a rotary club, so it would be more appropriate than this swinging nonsense.

dissolute ocelot

Kinross is desolate. When I was a small kid my parents were friends with a family of religious fundamentalists from Kinross whose son Nathan was born the same day as me in the next bed. There used to be a chicken processing plant with a cheery picture of a chicken on the outside that you could see from the motorway. My father took great delight in explaining that no you couldn't go visit the chickens.

Also it's a few miles from the UK's northernmost motorway service station. The gents are OK.

Speaking of which, why did he have a 5 minute toilet break every hour when he could have pissed from the swing.

Zetetic

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 18, 2022, 08:36:43 PMSpeaking of which, why did he have a 5 minute toilet break every hour when he could have pissed from the swing.
If you time it right, you're taking some pressure of the legs as well.

Same with the todds, I suppose.

Goldentony

look kathy, john sat on a swing for ages!

Twit 2

Unless this cunt was in a Squid Game-type contraption suspended over giant razor maggots, I don't give a FUCK.

Jasha

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 18, 2022, 11:41:12 AMon the rotary club Facebook page they mention £823 was raised.

Which one of you wants to spend 37 hours on a swing to beat this record?

That's £22/pH, if anyone wants to give me a 44 grand salary for sitting on my arse and achieving nothing.

Kankurette