Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:41:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Greybum Muchtransanger - the continuing TERFery of Graham Linehan

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, June 03, 2022, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frajer

If their powers of deduction were any cop, they wouldn't be blindly following a cult led by such charisma powerhouses as Graham "Tanked My Life" Linehan and JK "I See You Are On Fire But I Have No Piss" Rowling.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Better Midlands on July 06, 2022, 09:42:15 AMThey can always tell

This is your brain on an all potassium diet.

Remember kids, don't be a transphobe. Not even once.

Quote from: bgmnts on July 06, 2022, 10:23:16 AMA wind up I think.

Could be, the account's protected now but apparently there's a lot more where that came from.

It's hard to tell 😑

https://twitter.com/mandolakes/status/1544369024913457155

QuoteThis lady is going to look in the mirror a little too long one day and her mind is going to collapse in on itself

Jumblegraws

A lot of bananas going to be skinned today, Forstater has won her tribunal (not on every point averred, but no doubt she's won). So thanks to a single HR department at an unremarkable think-tank, transphobes nationwide will be further emboldened in make the lives of people they know nothing about more difficult.

retsuza

I think she's genuine but with a very serious mental illness. I used to follow this phenomenon of "gangstalking" - people who think they're "Targeted Individuals" who have some team or group stalking them.

The intense paranoia and delusion is similar, the unwillingness to realise how insane their beliefs are. For the Gangstalked they think part of the conspiracy is their stalkers will deny deny deny. This person seems to have had a similar reaction.

Genuinely hope they will get help, this is not just transphobia it looks like a really serious mind disorder.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Jumblegraws on July 06, 2022, 11:29:26 AMA lot of bananas going to be skinned today, Forstater has won her tribunal (not on every point averred, but no doubt she's won).

She won on two points and lost on three, it needs someone legal to unpick really.

wobinidan

Quote from: king_tubby on July 05, 2022, 07:46:05 PMThat Madonna one, wouldn't it be far more likely to be Roe vs Wade related?

What v what? Listen, we don't have time for your niche interests, we are trying to fight the trans agenda here, which is putting REAL WOMEN'S twitter accounts under threat!

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Better Midlands on July 06, 2022, 11:38:50 AMShe won on two points and lost on three, it needs someone legal to unpick really.
I'm not sure there's that much to unpick, the case was never going to impact much on actual employment law. What transphobes wanted out of the whole thing was some sort of legalistic stamp of approval on being a transphobic piece of shit, and they've got it. What that actually enables them to do, in terms of the law, that they weren't already doing  is  pretty much nothing, but I still think the decision will normalise transphobia even further. Hopefully the worst of the wider impact will be that a bunch of bigoted shitheels get to gloat for a while. If it goes beyond that, I have some optimism it might turn into a "be careful what you wish for" moment that spurs on meaningful trans allyship.

wobinidan

Quote from: retsuza on July 06, 2022, 11:31:14 AMGenuinely hope they will get help, this is not just transphobia it looks like a really serious mind disorder.

I agree, if this person is seeing trans people everywhere then that is indicative of delusional thinking. BUT... someone like that will have a brain that is looking for any kind of pattern, and since the trans topic keeps coming up, that's the one that put roots down. I do think that transphobia exists across a spectrum and in part of that spectrum there is an overlap with various forms of mental illness.

Much like Qanon posters exist on a spectrum and some of them are mentally ill. And some of them end up doing very bad things.

And to be perfectly honest I think that our Graham could be considered to be suffering some kind of mental illness. It's certainly not normal to become so obsessed with a topic that doesn't even affect you, that you lose your family over it.

Transphobia: It's a big tent. And some of the people in the tent have serious issues. And some of them are just fascists.

Quote from: Jumblegraws on July 06, 2022, 11:50:18 AMI'm not sure there's that much to unpick, the case was never going to impact much on actual employment law. What transphobes wanted out of the whole thing was some sort of legalistic stamp of approval on being a transphobic piece of shit, and they've got it. What that actually enables them to do, in terms of the law, that they weren't already doing  is  pretty much nothing, but I still think the decision will normalise transphobia even further. Hopefully the worst of the wider impact will be that a bunch of bigoted shitheels get to gloat for a while. If it goes beyond that, I have some optimism it might turn into a "be careful what you wish for" moment that spurs on meaningful trans allyship.

True, I imagine they'll be some that take it too far now though and fall on the wrong side of individual company policies, probably more crowdfunders on the the horizon.

dead-ced-dead

Short of not replying to Maya's attempt to start an argument, that was the best kind of non-committal "Congrats, I guess" response Marsha could have given.

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on July 06, 2022, 12:53:48 PMShort of not replying to Maya's attempt to start an argument, that was the best kind of non-committal "Congrats, I guess" response Marsha could have given.

My bad, I put them together too well, Maya isn't replying to Marsha, the top tweet is from 5 days ago. Marsha must be following Maya and congratulated her on the win.

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on July 06, 2022, 01:34:14 PMChrist, this person is not well

Pretty eyes

It could be fabulous trolling, reeling in the madheads.

The Bumlord

There was a YouTube channel (maybe still is) by someone obsessed with celebrity women being secret men. Very similar.

Mindy Simmons

That unformatted moment where I made a stupid joke about Boris leaving numberv10 in a live police chase ala OJ Simpson and only a TERF found it funny.

I'm the priest feeling better about life and then hearing Radio head on the bus.

I mean, way to make me feel more depressed .

Anyway, that said, I love you guys and thank you for helping me through tough times.

Quote from: Mindy Simmons on July 06, 2022, 01:44:48 PMAnyway, that said, I love you guys and thank you for helping me through tough times.

Glad you're here MS 😊

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Better Midlands on July 06, 2022, 01:05:44 PMMy bad, I put them together too well, Maya isn't replying to Marsha, the top tweet is from 5 days ago. Marsha must be following Maya and congratulated her on the win.

Oh I see! My bad. I didn't read it properly.

jobotic

Not sure all these posts from the unwell woman are relevant.

Thoroughly depressing about that shit Forstarter. Who wrote about trans are ruining the Scouts in the Daily Mail today.

Fuck her and fuck the Labour Party

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: jobotic on July 06, 2022, 01:54:36 PMNot sure all these posts from the unwell woman are relevant.

Thoroughly depressing about that shit Forstarter. Who wrote about trans are ruining the Scouts in the Daily Mail today.

Fuck her and fuck the Labour Party

It does seem that anyone who was sacked for saying something transphobic, sexist, racist, or homophobic can now say "Well I was sacked just for having an opinion #WorthyOfRespect" and possibly even get their job back.

Although I don't know how much it depends on your employment contract and company rules: if there is or isn't a clause about bringing the company into disrepute, would that change the outcome? Or are stupid, offensive opinions 100% sacking-proof now?

I've heard people saying that Forstater's (quasi-)employer handled the case terribly, should have appealed the judgment that found she had a protected opinion, and said some very idiotic things in emails that Forstater then used to prove "they sacked me for what I am not for what I did". But that's no help in combatting the transphobes who think this is a vindication.

JaDanketies

You can see that the unwell woman is part of a little community of people sharing the same delusion. Some of which have dedicated accounts.  It seems that there's a conspiracy theory where there are trans people all over the place and especially in positions of power, and not all adherents are quite as obviously ill.

Reminds me of people who (still regularly to this day) claim that Michelle Obama is trans.

Pimhole

Quote from: The Bumlord on July 06, 2022, 01:40:39 PMThere was a YouTube channel (maybe still is) by someone obsessed with celebrity women being secret men. Very similar.

There was also a Twitter account, can't find it now, which would basically argue that every single famous woman was AMAB *and* every single famous man was AFAB. You could tweet a random name to them with a question mark and they would provide the "proof" in a tabloid swimsuit shot with red circles around creases in clothing or whatever. Obsessed with the length of forefingers, gait, and some sort of triangle proportion between shoulders and hips.

They were all pretty bananas but the one that truly blew my mind was Tom Jones. Yes, Tom Jones, transitioned as a young working class girl from the Valleys. In the 1950s.

fancywookiee

Transvestigation is an especially odd branch of the Gender Critical sphere.

There's a huge religiosity element, where trans people are referred to sometimes as "Baphomets" after the goat-headed, hermaphrodite demon and that there's a shadowy Satanist cabal (stop me if you've heard this line of anti-Semitism before) to make the public accept demonic entities and thus cannot achieve salvation.

The basic gist is that all high profile people are trans, and they've developed a fantastical methodology for determining various tells and proofs that prove this.

This episode of the 10K Posts podcast by Hussein Kesvani covers a lot of the nonsense: https://www.podbean.com/ew/pb-8mm64-f38a1d

Barry Admin

Linehan's got an affiliate link up for Macy Gray tickets, while trying to make out her live shows are gonna be cancelled:

wobinidan

Quote from: The Bumlord on July 06, 2022, 01:40:39 PMThere was a YouTube channel (maybe still is) by someone obsessed with celebrity women being secret men. Very similar.

Most transvestigation videos have been taken down or hidden by youtube (I managed to find some with duckduckgo). There are/were multiple channels doing this and it wasn't just women they were talking about but men too. The one video I found today was called basically 'all celebrities are trans'. And there's plenty of comments from people that believe it. It's a niche conspiracy but it has a few thousand believers.

Mister Six

Quote from: king_tubby on July 06, 2022, 08:04:51 AMI'll PM you, so as not to derail the thread.

Threads were made for derailing! Glinner threads (of which this is the 19th) especially.

For anyone wondering, it's because two women have claimed Bowie slept with them when they were 13. Which is a fair point.