Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:25:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Greybum Muchtransanger - the continuing TERFery of Graham Linehan

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, June 03, 2022, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex_GC

QDRPHNC

idunnosomename

Lol the affiliate link on the off chance someone will go and see an artist just because theyre transphobic is hilariously desperate. Fuck you graham you grifting old bigot

Jumblegraws

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on July 06, 2022, 02:06:33 PMIt does seem that anyone who was sacked for saying something transphobic, sexist, racist, or homophobic can now say "Well I was sacked just for having an opinion #WorthyOfRespect" and possibly even get their job back.

Although I don't know how much it depends on your employment contract and company rules: if there is or isn't a clause about bringing the company into disrepute, would that change the outcome? Or are stupid, offensive opinions 100% sacking-proof now?
Nah, it absolutely doesn't mean any of that and any employer who thinks it does would do well to invest in a decent employment lawyer. Like you say in the rest of your post, if the HR department had done their job instead of fucking around with inappropriate emails like a snotty clique, they could have dealt with Forstater in a way that wouldn't have met the legal standards for discrimination or harassment. And trying to argue that "gender critical" beliefs don't meet the Grainger standard for philosophical belief when we live on Terf fucking Island seems daft to me, but then the original tribunal were persuaded by that so what do I know?

shiftwork2

Macy was 'apologising to these authoritarian bullies' (Linehan) by tweeting '...I respect everyone's right to be who they wanna be' but she's back in favour with him now because she has taken her incendiary comment down.

This arsehole should listen to himself at some point.

Ex_GC

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 06, 2022, 03:41:42 PMLol the affiliate link on the off chance someone will go and see an artist just because theyre transphobic is hilariously desperate. Fuck you graham you grifting old bigot

I might be wrong but I suspect it is Substack themselves who would convert it to an affiliate link and collect any "commission". It's probably done automatically when a link to an external selling site is posted. I don't think just anyone can set up affiliate links. And he wouldn't be competent enough to have a clue about any of it

idunnosomename

Ah yeah youre probably right. The buttons seem to be a new feature and are probably suggested to him

Quote from: Ex_GC on July 06, 2022, 03:45:01 PMI might be wrong but I suspect it is Substack themselves who would convert it to an affiliate link and collect any "commission". It's probably done automatically when a link to an external selling site is posted. I don't think just anyone can set up affiliate links. And he wouldn't be competent enough to have a clue about any of it

Dammit, this was nearly as funny as the blue tick removal.

Ex_GC

The "tip jar" links to buy me a coffee. Not only does he want people to pay for his blog of copied and pasted tweets he wants "tips" too. Pathetic

jamiefairlie

Christ, is he not wired enough, I wouldn't have any more coffee if I was him.

FalknerHinton

If he posted the affiliate link himself it's entirely on brand for him to try to make money off the back of women's work.

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on July 06, 2022, 02:06:33 PMIt does seem that anyone who was sacked for saying something transphobic, sexist, racist, or homophobic can now say "Well I was sacked just for having an opinion #WorthyOfRespect" and possibly even get their job back.

Although I don't know how much it depends on your employment contract and company rules: if there is or isn't a clause about bringing the company into disrepute, would that change the outcome? Or are stupid, offensive opinions 100% sacking-proof now?

I've heard people saying that Forstater's (quasi-)employer handled the case terribly, should have appealed the judgment that found she had a protected opinion, and said some very idiotic things in emails that Forstater then used to prove "they sacked me for what I am not for what I did". But that's no help in combatting the transphobes who think this is a vindication.

This isn't really how employment contracts work. There's loads and loads of implied terms in it that don't need to be expressed that are dictated by loads of things (such as prevailing public opinion, tribunal rulings, and assorted statutes) and they generally say very little of substance. This is because consultation is required to vary a contract but not a company handbook, so HR use the handbook as a means of creating rules without challenge. The implied terms are things like honesty and fidelity - meaning you could reasonably be sacked from a small firm for having an affair with the owner's partner. You haven't technically done anything wrong at work, but no tribunal judge is going to disagree that the owner could no longer face working with you so you have to go.

Bringing the firm into disrepute would be covered under these implied terms (maybe not honesty and fidelity) in absence of social media policies, fuck all in the contract etc. A lack of policy is likely to work in your favour should you get to tribunal (how can you be expected to know how to act without policy?) but tribunals very very very rarely offer reinstatement as remedy. Instead expect ~£5000 compo and a visit to Job Centre Plus.

In short, your contract of employment might as well be written on toilet paper (and not even the good stuff!!!) and tribunals exist to give the vague hope that you have some semblance of employment protection.

This improves a little where there is decent union representation, but some of them are wank too.

bgmnts

You know what I just realised? All these people who just cannot fathom gender issues, or the idea that gender is fluid as a concept, because they are scared, are the EXACT same people hundreds of years ago who were afraid of scientific advancement because they just didn't understand science.

Their safe understanding of the world was that god made it in 7 days or there was a man in the sky with a big hammer who made the thunder and lightning and it was these people who pushed back against science and other, better understandings of the world and the life in it.

These people are just the witch burners of 2022. Grim, grim, grim.

Kankurette

Im surprised the TERFs want to claim Beyoncé, Mumsnet hate her.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: bgmnts on July 06, 2022, 06:15:43 PMYou know what I just realised? All these people who just cannot fathom gender issues, or the idea that gender is fluid as a concept, because they are scared, are the EXACT same people hundreds of years ago who were afraid of scientific advancement because they just didn't understand science.

Their safe understanding of the world was that god made it in 7 days or there was a man in the sky with a big hammer who made the thunder and lightning and it was these people who pushed back against science and other, better understandings of the world and the life in it.

They must be really old by now

GoblinAhFuckScary

inevitable slew of emboldened terf nobodies making themselves perma-unemployable in their respective small lives. bring it onnnn

bgmnts

Quote from: jamiefairlie on July 06, 2022, 07:20:36 PMThey must be really old by now

They're basically the same people. Maybe they are reincarnated.

superthunderstingcar

Quote from: bgmnts on July 06, 2022, 06:15:43 PMTheir safe understanding of the world was that god made it in 7 days
Six days, heretic.

phantom_power

Quote from: bgmnts on July 06, 2022, 06:15:43 PMYou know what I just realised? All these people who just cannot fathom gender issues, or the idea that gender is fluid as a concept, because they are scared, are the EXACT same people hundreds of years ago who were afraid of scientific advancement because they just didn't understand science.

Yeah. They got their science at school and that is it as far as they are concerned. Scientific thinking has not moved on since then, and there is no way that complex issues were simplified for a child's brain to comprehend.

GoblinAhFuckScary

didn't spot the lgbt conservatives part of the parade. what happened? rotten veg peltings?

bgmnts

How the fuuuuck can you be a tory lgbt member? It's like a fox being a member of the countryside alliance.

FalknerHinton

Quote from: bgmnts on July 06, 2022, 08:49:19 PMHow the fuuuuck can you be a tory lgbt member? It's like a fox being a member of the countryside alliance.

Humiliation kink?

jamiefairlie

Quote from: bgmnts on July 06, 2022, 08:49:19 PMHow the fuuuuck can you be a tory lgbt member? It's like a fox being a member of the countryside alliance.

Well there's this thing called an English Public School.......