Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:40:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Oppenheimer

Started by Head Gardener, July 21, 2022, 10:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Gardener

A whole year to go until the new Christopher Nolan joint

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I hope the dialogue will be audible this time.

Head Gardener

bgmnts

Would be funny if he made his the dialogue louder than a nuclear explosion just to prove a point.

"Now I am..." BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM

Head Gardener

just noticed this poster was released EXACTLY one year before release, must be American too as they mix their days/months up, tsk

I hope Nolan's commitment to real film making means he's going to detonate an actual atomic bomb.

Bad Ambassador

I hope it's terrible.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on July 22, 2022, 10:32:01 AMI hope Nolan's commitment to real film making means he's going to detonate an actual atomic bomb.

absolutely convinced this is what is happening and why the budget is what it is

I expect he won't go as far as splitting the atom, but there's definitely going to be a load of hype about them making the biggest explosion ever filmed. In IMAX!

phantom_power

Out on the same days as Barbie so soz Noles babes

Blue Jam

Any film about J. Robert Oppenheimer should be called Dear Oppy and be a comedy about him twatting about with his bestie Richard Feynman. Is anyone going to be playing Mr Feynman (and indeed the bongos) in this?

Rami Malek is in this, hopefully being all bug-eyed and sinister. Matthew Modine too, probably doing that whole evil scientist in a suit thing he does in Stranger Things.

Operty1

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on July 22, 2022, 10:46:36 AMabsolutely convinced this is what is happening and why the budget is what it is

Nolan's actually going to re-bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki for authenticity?

Endicott

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 22, 2022, 11:21:51 AMAny film about J. Robert Oppenheimer should be called Dear Oppy and be a comedy about him twatting about with his bestie Richard Feynman. Is anyone going to be playing Mr Feynman (and indeed the bongos) in this?

Wikipedia says the man opening the filing cabinets will be played by Hans Solo.

Butchers Blind

Will it have the same score as his other films?

Bad Ambassador

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Operty1 on July 22, 2022, 11:26:06 AMNolan's actually going to re-bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki for authenticity?

Trinity baybeeeey

QDRPHNC

It's not that I dislike Christopher Nolan exactly, it's just that everything he does is so Nolany.

phantom_power

Apparently Tom Hardy is already gaining 100 pounds in order to play Fat Man

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on July 22, 2022, 10:46:36 AMabsolutely convinced this is what is happening and why the budget is what it is

I think the cast has something to do with that budget, but a big fuckin bomb would be cool.

The poster is great and I'm interested, however I can't see this being any shorter than 3.5 hours so I might wait for it to stream.

Blue Jam

Quote from: QDRPHNC on July 22, 2022, 06:31:57 PMIt's not that I dislike Christopher Nolan exactly, it's just that everything he does is so Nolany.

I know what you mean. It's like he's an auteur, but in a bad way.

13 schoolyards

I'm assuming this will be following the trend of every single other "genius scientist makes world-changing breakthrough" movie of the last two decades and will be set in an isolated high-tech bunker where the creepy scientist has one single solitary assistant who is gradually freaked out by the new creation but can't leave.

Also the creation is usually a murderbot so guess they'll be bolting legs onto Fat Man and Little Boy

Dex Sawash

Is this a Nutty Professor reboot?

Wasn't that Blofeld's fake name in one of the Daniel Craig films?

Minami Minegishi

Does anyone else feel that with that episode 8, Lynch has already covered this in the most visually spectacular way?

It'd hard to imagine that Nolan's vision for this will be anything other than dull and over-financed.

15 dead and 87 hospitalised with radiation poisoning, after Nolan insisted on filming at the actual Trinity test site.

Blumf

An after credits scene with the Demon core.

lipsink

Can he not just do a romcom or something?

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on July 23, 2022, 09:44:34 PMDoes anyone else feel that with that episode 8, Lynch has already covered this in the most visually spectacular way?

It'd hard to imagine that Nolan's vision for this will be anything other than dull and over-financed.

was gonna say, from that trailer you'd think someone's been watching peaks