Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:48:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gallagher/Squire

Started by SteveDave, December 21, 2023, 01:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

I've heard it described as "The Stone Roses but with a proper singer", Liam Gallagher and John Squire are releasing an album together.

I'm expecting some very lumpy rock.

Kankurette

Neol and Brown collab when?

non capisco

Blending the best of Liam Gallagher's solo career with the best of The Seahorses

Video Game Fan 2000

call the band Last of the Summer Sh-iyine.

Quote from: Kankurette on December 21, 2023, 01:25:51 PMNeol and Brown collab when?

PaulTMA

Brown and Noel seem to have similar attitudes to lockdowns

Red82

I'm not an Oasis or Stone Roses hater but I can't see this being anything other than shite.  A Noel and Ian Brown colab might be a little better.

Already happened on a track on Solarized apparently so easy to check. Although that would involve listening to it, so maybe not that easy.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Red82 on December 21, 2023, 02:20:16 PMI'm not an Oasis or Stone Roses hater

I fuckin am. Fuck this pair of dickheads.

Famous Mortimer

Although it wasn't great, at least Ian Brown tried something different when he left the Stone Roses. I can't imagine anything I'd want to listen to less than Squire and Liam Gallagher.

Red82

Brown's first solo album was pretty good.  At least as interesting as The Stone Roses.

Das Reboot

I vaguely remember Brown and Noel colabbing before, or maybe it was just a live performance on Jonathan Ross.

poodlefaker

remember when Liam got together with bloke out of Ocean Colour Scene, to cover a Paul Weller song? so random, what were they on???

dontpaintyourteeth

I know you're being facetious but it was for a Jam tribute album that was so completely and utterly shit that their track was actually arguably the highlight

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Butchers Blind

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

They're only the band the Seahorses could have been.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

If Liam is in charge of naming them, it'll inevitably be something shit.

non capisco

I still think Beady Eye might be the funniest band name I've ever heard, fair play to him.

Looking through me beady eye, up at the skeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: non capisco on December 21, 2023, 01:28:19 PMBlending the best of Liam Gallagher's solo career with the best of The Seahorses
I think one of the songs from the Seahorses' album was a Squire/Gallagher (L) co-write, so hints there of what's to come.

(ie shite)

DrGreggles

Are any of you working class Mancunians?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

No, but my Dad is. Are you suggesting he join the band?

checkoutgirl

Don't think I can recall something being described as "Mega" in about 27 years so well done there on the marketing front.

Never seen Liam Gallagher (vocalist) as much of an artist so Caveat Emptor is the advice for Mr Squire. John Lennon died 50 years ago so maybe this is the next best thing.

Red82

That song Liam did with Eric Cantona in the video (of said song). That's better than any of Noel's solo songs.

Quote from: Red82 on December 21, 2023, 03:16:40 PMBrown's first solo album was pretty good.  At least as interesting as The Stone Roses.

Ferocious burn.

Quote from: OpenMikeKnight on December 21, 2023, 11:56:04 PMAre any of you working class Mancunians?

John Squire isn't. He's from Altrincham, his dad was an engineer and his mum a fine artist.

Strange he never tried anything creative himself.

Has anyone ever heard John Squire's solo albums? Worth listening to though I doubt you'll get past the first track or two without screaming "What the fuck is this shit! Off!"

(I say that as a big Roses fan)