Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:57:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Martin Scorsese to host and produce TV documentary series!

Started by Mobius, March 27, 2024, 10:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobius

Except it's for FOX NEWS and about RELIGION

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2024/mar/27/martin-scorsese-fox-news-docuseries-saints

The Oscar-winning film-maker Martin Scorsese is teaming up with Fox News for a new docuseries.

The director, who recently scored his 16th Oscar nomination for Killers of the Flower Moon, is set to host and produce a series for the conservative channel's streaming service Fox Nation.

Martin Scorsese Presents: The Saints will look at the life of a different saint each episode including Joan of Arc, John the Baptist and Mary Magdalene.

nice one marty mate!

bgmnts

Being a Catholic in 2024 feels fucking bonkers.

Would rather watch a billion Marvel films back to back than this geriatric waffle on.

Although if he goes creative with it, there's surely a wealth of material for him to do saints Scorcese style.

Memorex MP3

Martin Scorsese finding a new angle to get an insanely high budget for something with minimal commercial value before he dies now that the streaming service vanity project money is beginning to dry up

Noodle Lizard

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

letsgobrian

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on March 27, 2024, 10:52:22 PMIs he just trying to end on a down-note?

The failure to finish "An Afternoon with SCTV" has already put a sour note on his recent career for me.

Blinder Data

Marty working hard for a papal commendation

I would genuinely watch this

George White

I'm surprised he hasn't been given a papal knighthood.
Joe Gladwin, Ricardo Montalban and Sir Jim'll all got one.

madhair60

Quote from: bgmnts on March 27, 2024, 10:32:45 PMWould rather watch a billion Marvel films back to back than this geriatric waffle on.

will you behave yourself for fucks sake

dissolute ocelot

Menu

Quote from: Blinder Data on March 28, 2024, 10:01:09 AMI would genuinely watch this

Yes I'd be very keen to see this. I wonder how it might legally make its way over here. Can't see one of our main channels showing something with FOX NEWS logos all over it. Hopefully a nice bluray or something.

Scorsese's documentaries are usually from the top tier. His Bob Dylan and George Harrison ones were superb.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: bgmnts on March 27, 2024, 10:32:45 PMBeing a Catholic in 2024 feels fucking bonkers.

I wonder which Catholics will champion this? The trad Catholics or the other ones.

kalowski

Glebe

Scorsese working with Fox News is indeed a little disappointing.

FredNurke

Quote from: Urinal Cake on March 29, 2024, 03:34:59 AMI wonder which Catholics will champion this? The trad Catholics or the other ones.

Bebop Catholics?

thenoise

Quote from: bgmnts on March 27, 2024, 10:32:45 PMBeing a Catholic in 2024 feels fucking bonkers.

I know right? Make the Church of England look like liberal progressives. The Church of fucking England.

SpiderChrist

QuoteBeing a Catholic in 2024 feels fucking bonkers.

I nearly ran one over on Friday. Fascinating creatures.

George White

Although I am a borderline agnostic atheist, I still believe in some Catholic things because they're so bonkers, i.e. the Oath of Silence.