Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:50:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lucio Fulci

Started by The F Bomb, January 20, 2024, 09:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontpaintyourteeth

Egyptian Feast

Yep, totally worth it. His books are always great, when I haven't missed out on the pressing and they can only be found for STUPID money.

madhair60

Contraband is absolutely fucked holy jeeping shit I was not ready

bushwick

Yeah that's a pretty brutal one, Fulci doing a gangster film, forgot about that. Doesn't someone get their face blowtorched off? Enjoyed it anyway

TrenterPercenter

madhair60

Quote from: bushwick on January 22, 2024, 05:35:51 PMYeah that's a pretty brutal one, Fulci doing a gangster film, forgot about that. Doesn't someone get their face blowtorched off? Enjoyed it anyway

there's also a really harrowing rape scene

ASFTSN

Quote from: madhair60 on January 22, 2024, 04:38:53 PMhttps://www.fabpress.com/beyond-terror-revised-expanded-standard-edition.html

might get this

Can recommend, tons of supplementary material, ephemera etc. Also thick enough to crush any bats in the event you get attacked. Includes a great story in the prologue by Thrower about Fulci completely stringing him along in an attempt to meet for interview.

Mister Six

Quote from: madhair60 on January 20, 2024, 11:53:45 PMgood thread cheers

Seconded. I only know Fulci from Zombi and The Beyond, so learning about his eclectic filmography is really exciting.

phantom_power

I like Zombie, The Beyond and City of the Living Dead, the first one for its simple, grotty zombie action and the other two for their bonkers, dreamlike plotting and extreme violence. I haven't travelled too far from them but keen to investigate. He seemed like a bit of a grumpy dick in real life but seemingly less problematic than his peers like Deodato and Lenzi, who both made some really misanthropic, truly nasty films, worse even than New York Ripper I imagine (I haven't seen that yet but it can't be worse in that respect than Cannibal Ferox or Holocaust). His films do still make me feel a bit grubby though. You can practically smell them

The F Bomb

Just got House By The Cemetery 4K, gonna watch tomorrow. CW (can't wait).

George White

Lizard in a Woman's skin has Adam Chance off Crossroads in it.

Sebastian Cobb

I don't have much add to this thread yet apart from by sheer coincidence I've stuck on The Devil's Honey tonight.

The F Bomb

Quote from: The F Bomb on January 24, 2024, 08:45:52 PMJust got House By The Cemetery 4K, gonna watch tomorrow. CW (can't wait).

Watched about three minutes.

Spooky house
Cool lighting
Gratuitous tits
Conspicuous dubbing
Dude's brain hanging out
Knife through the mouth
Zombie
Amazing organ soundtrack

This is cinema.

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 24, 2024, 09:05:58 PMI don't have much add to this thread yet apart from by sheer coincidence I've stuck on The Devil's Honey tonight.

I can never look at saxophones the same way anymore

Sebastian Cobb

Ooh I liked this!

Although at one point it also had possibly the worst matteing I've ever seen.

phantom_power

Why is the music in 70s Italian horror films so fucking good?

Minami Minegishi

I can't seem to find Contraband / Luca il contrabbandiere / The Smuggler (1980) anywhere at all.

Where are you nice folks seeing this? Nobody is seeding waaah

Egyptian Feast

I can arrange this for you later if nobody else has got back to you yet.

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on January 25, 2024, 02:59:32 PMI can arrange this for you later if nobody else has got back to you yet.

MERCI BEAUCOUP!