Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:25:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

movies that fly by

Started by madhair60, January 24, 2024, 06:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bumlord

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on January 25, 2024, 01:19:54 PMi'm a pretentious art movie wanker but i love commando and watch it endlessly. where DOES the time go when that plays

LET OFF SOME STEAM BENNETT

Nice one Arnie

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: The Bumlord on January 25, 2024, 04:16:42 PMLET OFF SOME STEAM BENNETT

Nice one Arnie

GONNA SHOOT YOU BETWEEN THE BALLS JOHN. YOU'RE A DEAD MAN JOHN HOW'S IT FEEL TO BE A DEAD MAN JOHN

bgmnts

Commando is the purest action film Arnie's ever been in, and possibly my fave.

Is there a better than this?

NO CHANCE!

Going to have to fucking watch this now innit? Christ.

The F Bomb

Seven Samurai, not joking.

The Bumlord

Quote from: bgmnts on January 25, 2024, 05:02:24 PMCommando is the purest action film Arnie's ever been in, and possibly my fave.

Is there a better than this?

NO CHANCE!

Going to have to fucking watch this now innit? Christ.

It has everything you need in an 80s action film: Arnie in peak rippling condition, slightly rubbish child actor, ludicrous villain, violence, huge knockers etc.

Jerzy Bondov

There is no action film as enjoyable as Commando. Nothing. I've tried to find others that even come close and they just don't exist. Honestly think it's one of the best films ever made.

GoblinAhFuckScary

HAHA WHY DON'T THEY CALL HIM GIRL GEORGE

#commandoposting

Gulftastic

How hard were the couple in the next door motel room shagging that they didn't stop while Arnie and the Green Beret were having their massive punch up/gunfight?

Jerzy Bondov

maybe they thought Arnie was just eating his breakfast

Tarquin

Colossus: The Forbin Project (1970)
The set-up, mega-computer to control all US nuclear capabilities, is explained in the opening credits. Get's turned on and enslaves the world within the first 10 mins. Ending is a gem.

A Man Escaped (1956)
Personal favourite no faff film. Spoiler in the title. Everything removed bar the essentials. "Fuck yeah" I said out loud when it abruptly ended.

Watership Down (1978)
Masterpiece of an adaptation. Parred down to the bone. All the human scenes nixed. All the speeches and literature quotes bunged up front in a prologue. 558 minutes of the LOTR out the door in 102 mins.

lauraxsynthesis

Before Sunset. Just walking and talking but enthralling and over before you know it. Probably best to watch Before Sunrise first of course.

shoulders

Amazing that it's not even close to being Vernon Wells' most outlandish or hammy performance.