Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:18:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

RTD back for Doctor Who

Started by Jack Shaftoe, September 24, 2021, 04:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purlieu

Anyone think we'll get a reveal after the New Year's Day episode?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

A big reveal of Chibnall baring his arse and cackling at the viewers: "Two more episodes to go, suckers!"

Replies From View

One of which will pull in a broader audience than usual Doctor Who, and put them off for life.  👍

Jack Shaftoe

Quote from: Mister Six on December 30, 2021, 06:29:16 PMJust reading The Writer's Tale and thinking, "Russell, you fool! Why are you doing this to yourself again?"

Yeah, reading that you do think 'christ, why would you go back?' Or maybe he knows what he's getting into better so can going to spread the load a bit more. I guess if he's setting up a number of Who-connected series from the off, that's a different creative challenge too, something to get your teeth into.

olliebean

I expect, with over a decade and a half more experience under his belt, he's probably got better at managing his workload.

purlieu

Interesting use of 'her' in the description on that image. FEMALE DOCTOR CONFIRMED.

Mister Six

Quote from: purlieu on December 30, 2021, 06:38:29 PMAnyone think we'll get a reveal after the New Year's Day episode?

Makes sense, if they want to excite people after the shitfest that was Flux. Alternatively, maybe it's better to hold off for a month so Who gets a bit of a boost during a quiet time in the schedules, and to reinvigorate people after whatever dross Chibnall shits out for the New Year.

Expect the Beeb to go nuts promoting RTD's series as it films, too. Meet the new Doctor! Check out the new TARDIS! See the filming of the new villains! Also we have two more Chris Chibnall episodes, sorry everyone.

Really want Chibnall to get drunk and chin RTD or something so Davies and Cook don't feel the need to avoid raising Flux etc in the inevitable return of The Writer's Tale. Davies is too genial though, and of course he'll gush over Chibnall "(ah, wonderful old Chris, such bold ideas - I knew he'd go places as soon as I read his Torchwood episodes)".

Replies From View

Dame Judy Dench "not fucked" about playing the Doctor, she says on breakfast programme when asked by a child viewer.

I paraphrase.

mothman

It seems to have gone quiet. Now wondering if they are going to actually (try to) keep it secret until the regeneration. After all, the quick post-regen sting or teaser or whatever it's called ("Barcelona!" / "Geronimo!" / "How do you fly this thing?" / "Oh - brilliant!") could be filmed using the new Doctor under very strictly secret conditions, since their new series won't start filming till next year...

purlieu

It could literally be filmed a couple of weeks before the actual broadcast, which I would be totally behind. If only because it would make me tune in to live telly for the first time in years.

Replies From View

It's a shame that RTD won't be responsible for the BBC's 100th thing.  He has strong views about the BBC and its political management / ultimate planned demise, while I suspect Chibnall hasn't a fucking clue and will just do a wacky, thick-headed romp within a CGI recreation of Television House, with appalling meta jokes thrown in about Doctor Who being developed there.

Bad Ambassador

Phil Collinson's back for S14.

lipsink

Norton Canes

Mister Six

Norton Canes

Another Day In Paradise Towers

Tikwid

Natnar

Missyunderstanding
Keep It Dalek

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

mothman

Replies From View

psst, reader

what are they going on about

pigamus

pigamus

pigamus

If Leaving Me In Aberdeen Is Easy

pigamus

Mister Six

Quote from: pigamus on January 21, 2022, 12:00:16 AMA Groovy Kinda Love

Let's just stop here, nobody's topping this.

pigamus

Quote from: Mister Six on January 21, 2022, 12:06:40 AMLet's just stop here, nobody's topping this.

The Aberdeen one is better