Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:49:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

RTD back for Doctor Who

Started by Jack Shaftoe, September 24, 2021, 04:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Quote from: mothman on January 26, 2022, 05:49:55 PMNew Doc can feature a bright red codpiece as part of his costume. With a question mark on.

And in multi-Doctor stories when everyone's parading their sonic screwdrivers around there could be a really brilliant scene with the codpiece subtly evoking the length of that Doctor's cock.

mothman

A sonic codpiece? Replies, I like the way your mind works!

Cloud

According to the fan page on Facebook the source of the Tennant story is Reddit's TomeDeaf95 who has been quite reliable with leaks, and the FB page then linked to this Twitter thread https://twitter.com/lukeflux1/status/1486264616724402184?s=21

Mister Six

I still won't believe it when I see it.

notjosh

I've been sort of toying with the idea of going off social media (including CaB) when the new Doctor announcement is imminent to see if I can make it to the regeneration in November without knowing. I wonder if it's possible? I don't think anyone at my work is into it, but they might mention it if it's a big enough name. I'd also have to close my eyes whenever I walk past the magazines at the off-licence.

pigamus

No chance. Not physically possible. Don't give yourself the pain of trying.

mothman

Have to agree. And even if you told everyone you knew that you were trying to avoid the info, there'd be that one cunt who'd go for it...

pigamus

And the one thing you watch/listen to thinking they can't possibly mention Doctor Who on that, they absolutely will, God will order them to in order to spite you.

notjosh

Sorry, already stopped reading CaB, so no idea what you lot are talking about now.

McDead

David Tennant is coming back and he's going to be
Spoiler alert
nude
[close]

So does this mean Biggy is going to return? I miss that churlish perpetually angry monkey.

olliebean

https://twitter.com/LukeFlux1/status/1486308427362181125

QuoteJust to correct, thanks to @Doinkadect
 for pointing it out, TomeDeaf has made it clear that David is playing 10, not 14. So when he says incumbent Doctor, he means as 10

10 isn't the incumbent Doctor, though. After 13, 14 will be the incumbent. If Tennant is appearing as 10, that would mean either a multi-Doctor story in which 14 is the incumbent, or a story from the Doctor's past when 10 was the incumbent. (Or possibly a metacrisis Doctor story, if the metacrisis Doctor also counts as 10.) Either way, it doesn't mean JW regenerating into Tennant. 13 cannot regenerate into 10.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: canted_angle_again on January 26, 2022, 11:29:58 PMSo does this mean Biggy is going to return? I miss that churlish perpetually angry monkey.

Not unless he's willing to pay up on that £500 bet he made with someone here that Brexit would never happen "because THEY would stop it".

Replies From View

Now I'm just remembering that Sun snippet from a few days ago, posted in the Tories thread - THEY ARE GOING ON ABOUT CAKE TO STOP ARE BREXITS - and feeling glad that we're no longer getting any Murdoch representation here.

Mister Six

Quote from: canted_angle_again on January 26, 2022, 11:29:58 PMSo does this mean Biggy is going to return? I miss that churlish perpetually angry monkey.

Christ, I hope not. My enjoyment of CaB - especially the Who threads - has increased dramatically since he left.

mothman

Yeah, plenty of other right-wingers pretending to be left-wingers available here, just go look in the Labour thread. ;-)

Cloud

Rumour mill churning about Tate, too.

Theory: For some reason the Doctor has found she's "actually on her final life" (again, somehow, despite all the Timeless Child guff) and is agonising over a way she's thought up (such as sacrificing herself permanently, because why not if she's dying anyway) to bring Donna's memory back because this was that really sad event that [some of the fans] have never really let go of etc and so she has unfinished business.  And manages to muster up the ability to regenerate once more as Tennant because the ability to choose his face 'sank in' when he used his hand or whatever that time.  Basically like a tortured soul kind of story.  And he does that, and "dies" 3 episodes later and comes back as Lydia West or whoever.

I'll also call it now that Fourteen has a Scottish accent because "I guess recent memories got jumbled up" etc.  And probably a beard to add to the Not The Same As Ten vibes.

Mister Six

It's almost certainly just going to be S4 Ten/Donna in the 60th, isn't it? With some handwavey line about the time differential making them seem older (that'll be fun dialogue to give Catherine Tate). Probably in talks with Smith and Coleman too, I shouldn't wonder.

RTD knows it'd be shit to undo Donna's ending, and unlike Moffat he can leave well enough alone. And, again, starting off a much-needed new era with 10-year-old continuity wank is an awful idea when you're trying to entrance a new audience of kids.

Replies From View

Quote from: Cloud on January 27, 2022, 09:42:48 PMI'll also call it now that Fourteen has a Scottish accent because "I guess recent memories got jumbled up" etc.  And probably a beard to add to the Not The Same As Ten vibes.

I've just come up with the concept of Tennant looking a decade older than he did in 2013.  If he does then they will owe me money because I said it first.

What if he has ginger hair? He could just keep it from the Good Omens shoot. #thatsasdaprice.

All the pieces are falling into place.

olliebean

The series really needs new ideas, rather than just treading over old ground, so with that in mind I reiterate: Tennant as the Master, and add: Tate as the Rani. (Or vice versa. Mix it up a bit.)

daf

Save Tennant for a multi-Doctor story - he's practically the only one RTD can count on to turn up!

Replies From View

To really mix things up a bit maybe we could have Tate as Rassilon and Tennant as Davros

Quote from: Replies From View on January 28, 2022, 11:59:38 AMTo really mix things up a bit maybe we could have Tate as Rassilon and Tennant as Davros

But who would Norman Lovett play then?

Alberon

Replies From View

Mo Molam as the Moment, and Bo Bolam as the Face of Boe

BritishHobo

Is this Tennant/Tate thing appearing credible then? I suppose I could understand it for the 60th, with the next series then being more of a fresh start.

I'm midway through It's A Sin and I would be quite happy with Lydia West as 14. Given that RTD had worked with Eccleston and Tennant as leads in shows not long before casting them, it definitely seems a good bet.

Mister Six

Quote from: daf on January 28, 2022, 10:08:10 AMSave Tennant for a multi-Doctor story - he's practically the only one RTD can count on to turn up!

Smith said as soon as he left that he'd be up for doing anniversaries, so I reckon he wouldn't take too much persuading if his schedule is free (which, with Game of Thrones, it might not be).

Does anyone know why Capaldi's ruled out any more turns as The Doctor? Being such a fan, you'd think he wouldn't mind the idea of a one-off anniversary special. Was there some friction behind the scenes? I'm sure he was aware of the flaws in his seasons, being that he's a creative sort and a Whovian himself, but I don't know whether it bothered him.

mothman

I sort of hate the idea that Capaldi might feel displeased by his time on the show for whatever reason, because he was so good in the role and it was obviously a dream come true for him.

Mister Six

Yeah, same here. I really hope it's just that he enjoyed it so much that he doesn't want to spoil his memories. Or he's keeping his position to allow for better bargaining if approached.