Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:01:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

RTD back for Doctor Who

Started by Jack Shaftoe, September 24, 2021, 04:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McDead

Quote from: Mister Six on April 29, 2022, 02:25:31 PMHas anyone done a Christopher Eschaton joke yet?

If not:

Christopher Eschaton.

Quote from: McDead on April 28, 2022, 08:16:50 PMChristopher Eschaton.

So glad this is a new page, wonderful

Mister Six

daf

Onward ever ever on
Destination Eccleston
Nowhere to hide nowhere to run
From Alpha Centauri into Omega

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 29, 2022, 12:24:42 AMIt's just plain weird that no one has mentioned The Shamen yet. What is wrong with you people?

Well I was going to, but having been away from the thread for a couple of days, I saw that you'd beaten me to it.

McDead

This show needs more LSI (love, sex, intelligence)

Mister Six

Friend of a friend bumped into RTD, who assured them that we could expect an announcement on the new Doctor in the next few weeks.

I dunno if this is news to anyone, but I'm going to be grasping that straw hard to get me through the last gasps of the Chibnall reign.

Norton Canes

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Mister Six on May 02, 2022, 10:33:17 PMFriend of a friend bumped into RTD, who assured them that we could expect an announcement on the new Doctor in the next few weeks.

I dunno if this is news to anyone, but I'm going to be grasping that straw hard to get me through the last gasps of the Chibnall reign.

The new Doctor will actually be two people! Ha, imagine the hilarity of that scene!!!! They'll also be dead sassy with each other, flirting and that.

Replies From View

The Doctor could theoretically regenerate into half of a Siamese twin.

Replies From View

(But not all of one, unless it was a multi-Doctor story.)

Norton Canes

Has anyone ever written a multi-storey Doctor?

thr0b

Quote from: Norton Canes on May 03, 2022, 09:02:00 AMHas anyone ever written a multi-storey Doctor?

Colin Baker had a good attempt at it.

Replies From View

Quote from: thr0b on May 03, 2022, 09:45:22 AMColin Baker had a good attempt at it.

He failed quite miserably if he wasn't aiming for suburban sprawl.

superthunderstingcar

Chibnall's last story will reveal that the reason the Doctor spends so much time on Earth, and in the UK specifically, is that London is actually a pre-Hartnell incarnation of the Doctor, meaning that every time the Doctor has visited London has actually been a multi-Doctor story.

Replies From View

Mister Six

Replies From View

No, it's not my account.  They just keep popping up in my feed and the headlines alone are the news I'd share here.

For future reference, I am 42 years old and not however old he is.

Alberon

I won't believe anything unless I see it on PLymouth Live.

Malcy

I wonder how the next doctor will be revealed.

We've had the live special and a teaser for Capaldi & Whittaker. Smith had a photo shoot. Tennant & Eccleston were just press releases as far as i can remember. 18 years since Eccleston was announced is hard for me to accept!

pigamus

If there's not a baffled-looking Sue Barker I'm not interested, it would spoil the magic

pigamus

Quote from: pigamus on May 06, 2022, 08:41:31 PMIf there's not a baffled-looking Sue Barker I'm not interested, it would spoil the magic.

If I remember rightly her exact words were, "That's just been announced." Yes Sue, you just announced it!

pigamus

What, oh I've fucked it now

Replies From View

Quote from: Malcy on May 06, 2022, 08:33:56 PMI wonder how the next doctor will be revealed.

We've had the live special and a teaser for Capaldi & Whittaker. Smith had a photo shoot. Tennant & Eccleston were just press releases as far as i can remember. 18 years since Eccleston was announced is hard for me to accept!

Smith had an episode of Doctor Who Confidential where he was revealed at the end.

It's hard to find online, unfortunately.  I've no idea why.

Alberon

I seem to remember they cut to him discussing the role with no buildup. He's suddenly just there on the screen. Worked very well I thought.

Malcy

Quote from: Replies From View on May 06, 2022, 10:21:23 PMSmith had an episode of Doctor Who Confidential where he was revealed at the end.

It's hard to find online, unfortunately.  I've no idea why.

Forgot about that, i'm sure i have that on an external somewhere.

Replies From View

If anyone has a copy of it please hook me up. 

Malcy

Quote from: Alberon on May 06, 2022, 10:24:03 PMI seem to remember they cut to him discussing the role with no buildup. He's suddenly just there on the screen. Worked very well I thought.

Yeah that was exactly it, was a case of Who is this guy then the realisation.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Alberon on May 06, 2022, 10:24:03 PMI seem to remember they cut to him discussing the role with no buildup. He's suddenly just there on the screen. Worked very well I thought.

It was great, I agree. Here's your new Doctor. This guy. Trust us, he'll be brilliant.

Moffat and co obviously knew what they were doing. You can't ostentatiously introduce a new Doctor if he or she are unknown to the general public. The famous actor Peter Capaldi getting a whole build–up show? That makes sense. It was a big deal.

Just a hunch, but I reckon RTD will actually copy one of Chibnall's few good ideas: announcing the new Doctor with a teaser trailer during coverage of a major sporting event watched by millions. 14th May, then? As previously mentioned? I wouldn't be surprised.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Replies From View on May 06, 2022, 10:25:53 PMIf anyone has a copy of it please hook me up.

It really is quite odd, that episode not being available on YouTube.

Alberon

I've put a few pieces of old TV up on youtube I've found on the ends of video tapes or recorded on DVD years ago. I put up a Mark Lawson interview with Iain Banks, I wanted to put up another with Tery Pratchett but it was immediately deleted by youtube the second I uploaded it. Possibly that's what is happening if anyone tries to upload that Doctor Who Confidential.