Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:27:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

RTD back for Doctor Who

Started by Jack Shaftoe, September 24, 2021, 04:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

Mister Six

Thanks, JamesTC!

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 06, 2022, 10:45:15 PMJust a hunch, but I reckon RTD will actually copy one of Chibnall's few good ideas: announcing the new Doctor with a teaser trailer during coverage of a major sporting event watched by millions. 14th May, then? As previously mentioned? I wouldn't be surprised.

What's happening on May 14? I didn't get into Doctor Who so I'd have to care about sporting events. Very much the opposite, in fact.

Quote from: Alberon on May 06, 2022, 11:03:12 PMI've put a few pieces of old TV up on youtube I've found on the ends of video tapes or recorded on DVD years ago. I put up a Mark Lawson interview with Iain Banks, I wanted to put up another with Tery Pratchett but it was immediately deleted by youtube the second I uploaded it. Possibly that's what is happening if anyone tries to upload that Doctor Who Confidential.

Coo, can you throw me a link to the Banks interview?

Rev+

Quote from: Mister Six on May 07, 2022, 01:16:31 AMWhat's happening on May 14? I didn't get into Doctor Who so I'd have to care about sporting events. Very much the opposite, in fact.

Same here but even I know it's the FA Cup Final, which will get the BBC an absurd number of viewers.  They've announced a new Doctor during half time before, and with the date being the 14th?  Too many stars aligning.  You'd feel daft for not doing it.  Open goal, you might say.

Mister Six

Ha, yeah, that'd be perfect. Only a week away, too! Fingers crossed...

BritishHobo

This video on how every new Doctor was announced contains the DWC clip of Matt appearing:

https://youtu.be/gKP_iPt1pRk (22:15)

I loved the way they did it, it was so exciting.

olliebean

If they announce it during a sporting event, I guess I'll see it on YouTube.

Replies From View

I do love this concept that sports enthusiasts and Doctor Who fans have this vast overlap that needs to be exploited.

Alberon

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 06, 2022, 10:45:15 PMJust a hunch, but I reckon RTD will actually copy one of Chibnall's few good ideas: announcing the new Doctor with a teaser trailer during coverage of a major sporting event watched by millions. 14th May, then? As previously mentioned? I wouldn't be surprised.

Technically, didn't Moffat do that first, with the specially filmed scene to introduce Bill?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Must admit, I don't remember that.

JamesTC

Quote from: Ron Maels Moustache on May 07, 2022, 06:28:48 PMTechnically, didn't Moffat do that first, with the specially filmed scene to introduce Bill?

Yeah. During half-time of the semi-final of the FA Cup in 2016. Weirdly it took nearly a year to air, which meant they ended up showing a series trailer during the quarter-finals of the following year's FA Cup.

Replies From View

Imagine your bog standard football fan.

Now picture them being totally into Doctor Who as well as football.

Haha!

BritishHobo

Next Doctor's been announced...

Spoiler alert

Nice casual announcement when nobody's expecting it.

Old Nehamkin

madhair60

Looks like the FEMsperiment is GIRLver

BritishHobo

I'm very intrigued. Never seen Sex Education although I know people rave about it. I like it being someone I've no preconceived ideas about so I don't think I'll watch it now until I've seen him as the Doctor.

I'm excited!

Jerzy Bondov

He's brilliant in Sex Education. I think this is great casting. Unexpected but makes perfect sense. 

Cerys

purlieu

Crikey, a quiet announcement on a Sunday morning. RTD's definitely going for a different approach isn't he?
I'm sure his race will annoy as many people as him being male will placate.

maett

Quote from: Replies From View on May 07, 2022, 08:05:46 PMImagine your bog standard football fan.

Now picture them being totally into Doctor Who as well as football.

Haha!

I suppose I'm not 'a bog standard fan' but yesterday I was watching The Stones of Blood episode 4 before I streamed Brentford making the Saints defence look like Ogri.

Malcy

Only seen him in 2 of his 8 IMDB credits. Bob Servant and Stonemouth. I have both so may flick through and see what he's like as I don't remember.

Replies From View

I'm behind you all; I learned from this source:

pigamus

A black homosexual called Shooty, it's a great day for the Daily Mail

Blinder Data

brilliant choice. he's the star of the show in sex education, got bags of charisma. with RTD's scripts, he's going to be the funniest doctor we've had. can't wait!

Angst in my Pants

Fabulous casting, he's amazing in Sex Education. Very exciting!

Glyn

Ooh that is an interesting one. I had no desire at all to watch the last series of Sex Education but the one thing you could be sure of with that show was that he was always great in it. He has that good mix of being able to do both comedy and drama in equal measure.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Replies From View

THE NOVELISATION OF ROSE LIED TO US

Replies From View

Anyone got any representative examples of this guy's acting chops to peruse, for those of us with our fingers off the pulse of current television or the Google button?