Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:38:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

RTD back for Doctor Who

Started by Jack Shaftoe, September 24, 2021, 04:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

Quote from: Cerys on May 14, 2022, 11:26:44 AMPrediction - Gatwa's Doctor will have red hair.  When he first sees himself in the mirror, his response will be utter ecstasy at finally being ginger, with no reference to skin colour.

"Fuck me! I look like a N
Spoiler alert
igel!
[close]
Or perhaps a W
Spoiler alert
illiam."
[close]

Deanjam

Quote from: Cerys on May 14, 2022, 11:26:44 AMPrediction - Gatwa's Doctor will have red hair.  When he first sees himself in the mirror, his response will be utter ecstasy at finally being ginger, with no reference to skin colour.

That's actually very sweet.

Mister Six

It would be a brilliant pay-off to a ten-year-long joke. Someone send this to RTD!

olliebean

Quote from: Alberon on May 14, 2022, 12:57:27 PM"Fuck me! I look like a N
Spoiler alert
igel!
[close]
Or perhaps a W
Spoiler alert
illiam."
[close]

jamiefairlie

Will they force him into being a cockney like Tennant?

mjwilson

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on May 13, 2022, 09:29:10 AMI'm surprised there hasn't been a podcast series chronicling the warts-and-all history of the series from the start. With most of the controversial participants now dead

We're still waiting on the full details of sofagate.

Mister Six

Quote from: jamiefairlie on May 14, 2022, 04:53:01 PMWill they force him into being a cockney like Tennant?

Maybe. RTD did say he didn't want to be seen "touring the counties" when moving from Eccles to Tennant, and I guess there's a similar shift here, from Northern English to Scottish. Come to think of it, Smith's the only plummy-sounding main Doc we've had since 2005, isn't he?

Then again, maybe that fact will make him feel more relaxed about having two regional Docs in a row

God, it's so great to be excited and intrigued by Who again.

Alberon

Yep.

The second Wilderness Years are almost over!

McDead

More interesting nonsense from the official Doctor Who twitter account.

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1525876167118667776?t=X3OuJs9QYERaI8FKcsWOkg&s=19

This was also posted on their insta, with a comment from Tea Lady underneath saying "They're Back!" Lots of rumours that it's metacrisis Doctor plus Rose, or Tenth Doctor and Donna, or two CGI Bernard Cribbins

Malcy

New doctor posted that day of his reveal as well I'm sure.

Replies From View

Metacrisis Doctor didn't have two hearts did he?

Must admit, I tend to forget that with the prospect of more exciting Doctor Who comes this inevitable wave of absolute millennials gasping and swooning every eight seconds about emojies.

McDead

Quote from: Malcy on May 15, 2022, 06:05:08 PMNew doctor posted that day of his reveal as well I'm sure.

Didn't he post two hearts plus blue box? This is two hearts plus blue diamond. Plus what does "they're back!" mean (if it wasn't clear, RTD posted this in the comments)

McDead

Quote from: Replies From View on May 15, 2022, 06:07:10 PMMetacrisis Doctor didn't have two hearts did he?

I am merely reporting the rumours as I hear them. You could, with a moderate stretch of the imagination, say it refers to two lovers (Meta and Rose)

JamesTC

Two hearts plus diamond.

I assume some sort of announcement is imminent on the 60th anniversary (diamond anniversary).

Deanjam

Surely two hearts just refers to the Doctor? Plus the Diamond anniversary. Not sure why any other explanation is necessary.

McDead

The "they're back" comment from RTD underneath the Instagram post adds a slightly different complexion to things, no? It's not just "the Doctor", it's some notional "them".

Deanjam

Quote from: McDead on May 15, 2022, 06:21:15 PMThe "they're back" comment from RTD underneath the Instagram post adds a slightly different complexion to things, no? It's not just "the Doctor", it's some notional "them".

Maybe he's refering to good scripts.

BritishHobo

McDead

Mixed blessings.

Though Plymouth Live must be feeling *pretty smug* tonight

Replies From View

Quote from: McDead on May 15, 2022, 06:21:15 PMThe "they're back" comment from RTD underneath the Instagram post adds a slightly different complexion to things, no? It's not just "the Doctor", it's some notional "them".

Almost, yes.  Some notional "they".

mjwilson

Replies From View

Quote from: Weeping Prophet on January 23, 2022, 04:09:59 PMThe 60th anniversary would be an odd way to introduce a new Doctor. Bringing Tennant back for a one-off seems plausible.

I feel vindicated.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Replies From View on May 15, 2022, 07:10:06 PMDirect link here if you don't want to click pointlessly via Twitter:

Spoiler alert

Ahh they've fixed it now. When they first tweeted, the link was just directing to an error page.

jamiefairlie

Getting weird Gazza flashbacks from this photo

JamesTC

Can we agree to stop using spoiler tags for this? Seems pointless when it is obvious they'll be promoted to fuck and everybody will know. Just in case somebody disagrees I will continue to use them.

Spoiler alert
RTD quote:
QuoteRussell T Davies, Showrunner says: "They're back! And it looks impossible - first, we announce a new Doctor, and then an old Doctor, along with the wonderful Donna, what on earth is happening?  Maybe this is a missing story. Or a parallel world. Or a dream, or a trick, or a flashback. The only thing I can confirm is that it's going to be spectacular, as two of our greatest stars reunite for the battle of a lifetime."
[close]

Thomas

Seems weird, but by heck if RTD knows how to tantalise me:

QuoteRussell T Davies, Showrunner says:
Spoiler alert
"They're back! And it looks impossible - first, we announce a new Doctor, and then an old Doctor, along with the wonderful Donna, what on earth is happening?  Maybe this is a missing story. Or a parallel world. Or a dream, or a trick, or a flashback. The only thing I can confirm is that it's going to be spectacular, as two of our greatest stars reunite for the battle of a lifetime."
[close]

At this point, my faith is in Davies. Can't wait for whatever the fuck is happening.

Also, it amuses me that the BBC simply credit RTD as 'showrunner'. Not even 'incoming' or 'returning'. He's showrunner now and that's that.

BritishHobo

That woman on Twitter was telling the truth when she said she saw him in Cardiff then, I guess. I'm gonna start hanging around the Bay so I can spot John Barrowman and Peter Kay before they're announced.

Knew something like this had to be on the cards when Tennant refused to answer the question of whether he was coming back (although I think Tate flat out denied it when asked, so ehh). I will bet anything this is part of a wider plan to build hype around the show again by reminding people of when they actually used to like it, I think we can expect many more similar reveals as we get closer to the 60th. RTD knows what he's doing.

BritishHobo

I've seen a couple of other rumours just now which I will spoiler as they're unconfirmed:

Spoiler alert
Some Doctor Who account apparently posted a photo of River Song, and Rachel Talalay has tweeted a photo of her with Matt Lucas, although I've no idea if she's even directing. A River/Nardole appearance would be lovely and unexpected.
[close]