Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:28:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021/22 Part 2 - Matt Le Tosser, Dejan Moron and Thickie Lambert

Started by JamesTC, April 06, 2022, 08:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

The final penalty was unbelievably shit.

Speaking of Gueye, 'I stand with Idrissa' is now trending on Twitter. It really is one step forward, five steps back for LGBT fans and players.

the hum

Even if Rangers lose, two Scottish teams are guaranteed group stage European football next season.

Those two teams being Celtic and Hearts.

Lol.

shoulders

Quote from: Kankurette on May 18, 2022, 07:22:00 PMThe final penalty was unbelievably shit.

Speaking of Gueye, 'I stand with Idrissa' is now trending on Twitter. It really is one step forward, five steps back for LGBT fans and players.

Yup. Almost like countries were developing at completely different speeds before the internet came along and globalised ideas they weren't used to.

Still LOL at anyone who campaigns for no racism but wants to imprison gay people.

Doesn't help that a lot of UK fans think it is ok to be gay so long as you keep it quiet in the locker room.

Miles to go before I sleep.

Kankurette

Yeah, because even holding your partner's hand is 'shoving it in people's faces'. It does make me wonder, though - does acceptance of homosexuality trump religious players' beliefs? Like, if homosexuality is against a player's religion, should a gay team mate stay in the closet for fear of offending them? (Note: I don't think this myself.) I say this because of the rumour about a Muslim player being quite cunty towards two of his team mates who he thought were in a gay relationship - Gueye wasn't the player in question, but same country/team (I'm not sure if he was there or he'd left when it was said to have happened).

Crenners

I don't like straight, gay or whatever couples holding hands like a couple of nobheads

What? You think that dummy gonna fall over? 😛😛😛

What? You think that dummy dunno where there going? 🤔🤔🤔

What? You think that 'hostage'gonna run away first chance they get? 😂😂😂

Mobius

Please excuse me while Idrissa Gueye

like the oft misheard song lyric

cheers

Poobum

Well if he's anything like those homophobic evangelical preachers, Idrissa Gana Gueye.

Kankurette

Kouyate and Sarr (the Watford one) have come out (no pun intended) in support of Gueye. I'm wondering if any of the other big name Senegalese players are going to go 'Idrissa is right, no queens plz'.

If he doesn't want to play in a pro-gay country, why is he in France?

bgmnts

Quote from: Kankurette on May 18, 2022, 08:49:39 PMf he doesn't want to play in a pro-gay country, why is he in France?

Big fat massive piles of cash, presumably.

Kankurette

I guess Blackpool won't be signing any Senegalese players any time soon.

Captain Z

If I know Scottish football fans like I think I do, then the whole of Glasgow will be behind Rangers right now.

Kankurette

bgmnts

If there was ever a dead cert to bottle it, it was Ramsey.

Had no idea he was even at Rangers, mind.

Haha; come on, play three minutes and then miss the pen to lose it. 2 million please.

imitationleather

Phew. So relieved.

Couldn't have Rangers winning a European trophy.

Feels like bringing on a player just to take a penalty almost never works out.

Indomitable Spirit

jobotic

That went perfectly, couldn't have been better.

Take the lead then lose 5-4 on penalties.

Hope they don't Manchester up Seville

imitationleather

Kankurette

Old Nehamkin

Ha ha stupid rangers. Hope an actual good west of Scotland club goes to the next Europa final...like dumbarton F.C.

Mobius

privatefriend

The benches of George square will live to see another day. Huns still on to win nothing this season.

imitationleather

Jockice

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on May 18, 2022, 11:11:18 PMHa ha stupid rangers. Hope an actual good west of Scotland club goes to the next Europa final...like dumbarton F.C.

My home town club. Won the very first two Scottish leagues you know. And bugger all since.

Anyway, I may be a veggie but tonight I love Frankfurters. Thanks for the penalty Aaron. Should have let your brother Gordon take it.

the hum

Here's hoping they're utterly physically and mentally shafted for the Scottish Cup final on Saturday now.

bgmnts

Are there many other English clubs that go sport the union flag attire at the football or is it just Rangers?

the hum

Quote from: bgmnts on May 19, 2022, 12:28:43 AMAre there many other English clubs that go sport the union flag attire at the football or is it just Rangers?

Plenty English clubs with far-right links, but you'd struggle to find many who've contrived the particular fetish Huns fans have.

Kankurette

EOLAN

Quote from: bgmnts on May 19, 2022, 12:28:43 AMAre there many other English clubs that go sport the union flag attire at the football or is it just Rangers?

Were more English flags there than Scottish.