Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:58:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cambridge CaB meet. June. Who's in?

Started by madhair60, May 16, 2022, 01:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

Quote from: shoulders on May 24, 2022, 01:25:36 PMStill haven't pulled the trigger on train tickets cos prices are wank
Are you using trainsplit.com? I saved about £30 that way.

shoulders

Quote from: canadagoose on May 24, 2022, 01:33:05 PMAre you using trainsplit.com? I saved about £30 that way.

I checked Split My Fare but prices not significantly different to LNER app.

canadagoose

Quote from: shoulders on May 24, 2022, 01:36:44 PMI checked Split My Fare but prices not significantly different to LNER app.
That's weird. Maybe I got in early or something.

Edit: this is the saving I got:

shoulders

Ah, fuck it. Bought. See you there.

That's a good deal, it's costing me about that much from Leeds and that's 2 tickets with a Two Together railcard.

canadagoose

Quote from: shoulders on May 24, 2022, 01:47:05 PMAh, fuck it. Bought. See you there.

That's a good deal, it's costing me about that much from Leeds and that's 2 tickets with a Two Together railcard.
Woo! I look forward to it.

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 19, 2022, 10:50:41 PM25th is the one date I definitely can't do - unless plans change.

Work thing postponed - count me in.

shoulders

Flouncer

I'm really poorly at the moment; my fatigue has reached an almost unbearable level, but I might still come. I really enjoyed the last one and would love to meet some more of you lovely fuckers.

madhair60

No worries Flouncer, if you can't make it there'll always be another one and we'll all be delighted to see you (again!).

There's a mini-meet happening in Cambridge this Saturday. Me, Twit2, Pancreas, possibly DrGreggles and Shiftwork. 2pm at the Earl of Beaconsfield, then moving on to the Cambridge Blue.

poo

canadagoose

Twit 2

Mini meet tomorrow. Lunch being eaten around 1. Earl of Beaconsfield 2pm-ish.

The Mollusk

Twit 2

madhair60

mini meet was fun.

main event remains June 25th.

if anyone wants to meet up in the meantime lmk.

Twit 2

Is this meet now fucked due to the planned rail strikes?

Twit 2

Fair fucks. We should be toasting unions in a zoom meet instead.

Mr_Simnock

If this is put back a week that would help me attend, is it really at risk now for the 25th? (I don't think it is)

Twit 2

How are will people get there with no trains?

Mr_Simnock

They can fucking well walk the lazy bastards. Seriously though is this now defo on for the following weekend?

DrGreggles

Quote from: Twit 2 on June 07, 2022, 05:46:22 PMIs this meet now fucked due to the planned rail strikes?

Probably worth waiting for a week or so before cancelling.

shiftwork2

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Does walking to the meet due to trains not there count as scabbing?

madhair60

Alright. I think the situation is THUS:

Wait and see, just for a week, as suggested.

If impossible on the 25th, will slightly rearrange, maybe by a week or so.

If necessary there will be a smaller meet on the 25th for people who can walk/drive there. How does that sound?

canadagoose

Hopefully the strike will get called off, but if not, I'm still there on 25th because I don't think I can cancel my hotel or flight back. I'll have to fly down there if the trains are cancelled. Boiling the earth FOR CAB

Edit: Or I could add another night in the hotel and come down on the Friday.

shoulders

Staying with my sister in Chingford that weekend. Trains to London are on 24th and 26th so hopefully fine. How to get to Cambridge... Will there be rail replacement buses or just absolutely fuck all?

Fambo Number Mive

Rail replacement buses on strike days aren't mentioned on the National Rail page giving information on the strike. I doubt there will be rail replacement buses. You might be able to get a National Express bus to Cambridge but I imagine it will be busy.